PDA

View Full Version : OMGOSH Three Fluff Blitz!

Freedom
07-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Riley arrived with a very short trim, but her ears were left LONG. Her hair is not thick, and they looked straggly, so I trimmed them.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q57/sfsamm/2012/July%2014%20Riley%20arrives/IMG_5119Small.jpg

I know there is a funny tuft sticking out on the right, can't find it after taking the photo ha haaa.

Results of her blood work came back, all is normal. She is negative for heartworm. AND the new test detects lyme disease AND lyme vaccine. Riley HAS had the lyme vaccine.

Riley tried to blitz with Tasha on Monday, Tasha was having none of it. Wednesday morning, Tasha Willy and Riley all ran a blitz!
Warning: they used me as a "maypole," this vid may get you dizzy.

http://youtu.be/migVqiQ93XI

Sorry, I was SO excited my voice went up and I sound screechy. :o

pomtzu
07-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Love that video and it's so good to see Riley fitting right in - kinda like she's always been there. Glad she checked out good healthwise.

I like the short ear cut - it looks cute on her. And I couldn't help but notice where she is sitting. :love: I take it that all is well in that department! ;)

Taz_Zoee
07-19-2012, 10:02 AM
I think she looks adorable either way, long ear hair or not. :)

Your excited voice got me excited watching them. I had a huge smile on my face the whole time. I do the same thing when playing with the dogs. But our tone of voice is what gets them going too. :D

kaycountrygal
07-19-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm laughing at the dogs and you; it sure sounded as if EVERYBODY was having a good time. BTW you have a lovely yard. Those dogs are so cute and I really like Riley's haircut. Personally I tend to like short hair any way. That was fun; I enjoyed it very much. Riley acts as if she's been there forever and I'm relieved her blood tests were good. Have fun!

kaycountrygal
07-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Freedom, If you were closer, would you come to my house and "trim Sissy" periodically? I am laughing as I type this. With all your dogs and trims, I think you'd be good at it.

BTW, I think you need to change your sig or whatever it's called--the thingy at the top of your comments.

It says Freedom

9 Cats & 3 Bichons Frisé

Lilith Cherry
07-19-2012, 11:00 AM
That looks such fun! I am so glad she is fitting in so well! Love the ears too:love:

Freedom
07-19-2012, 11:16 AM
And I couldn't help but notice where she is sitting. :love: I take it that all is well in that department! ;)

Yes, Dad is doing well!

Freedom, If you were closer, would you come to my house and "trim Sissy" periodically? I am laughing as I type this. With all your dogs and trims, I think you'd be good at it.

BTW, I think you need to change your sig or whatever it's called--the thingy at the top of your comments.

It says Freedom

9 Cats & 3 Bichons Frisé

If I lived closer, yes I would! Changed it! I tried to put: 9 cats 3 bichons frise' & a poochon, but that is too long and wouldn't fit. Thanks for the heads up.

krazyaboutkatz
07-19-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm glad to see that they're getting along so well and having fun.:) Riley's haircut is adorable too.:)

cassiesmom
07-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Freedom, your yard is so pretty and green! And I like Riley's trim and also that she is sitting with Papa Nonno again; great job, Riley! I was laughing as I watched everyone running and blitzing in the yard! Go, doggies! :D

The Lyme titer - would your other dogs be at risk if they have not had the vaccine? I'm glad she was negative for heart worm, because from what I've read on PT that can be very serious for a dog. Is there a vaccine or a preventive treatment for heart worm?

Freedom
07-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Elyse, we give a monthly pill to prevent heartworm. The dog has to be tested first, as giving the pill to a dog who already has it can result in serious complications. So she is all set on that.

Lyme, this was not a titer. Lyme is a 'relatively' new disease. The way to diagnose it was giving many false positives, as dogs who'd had the vaccine were showing as they had it. So the test has been improved, and now distinquishes which is giving the positive result: the disease itself, or the vaccine. So Riley has had the vaccine. My Lacey has had that too. I stopped getting it for my dogs, though. First, there are many varieties of lyme. Unlike our flu vaccines, which change yearly to cover different strains. the lyme vaccine is stagnant, it covers just a few strains. So the dog is always at risk for some sort of lyme disease even with the vaccine. Add to that these little dogs have such a tough time coping with so many vaccines, and it is one we just don't recommend for them any longer. Better to use mosquito repellant (I feed them garlic daily).

Varga
07-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Haha that was awesome :D I totally agree that it already seems like Riley has been there forever. Definitely a good sign :)

Grace
07-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Loved that video!! Reminded me of a mini-flash-mob sort of thing :D

Freedom
07-20-2012, 07:47 AM
Hahahaa hadn't thought of that!

chocolatepuppy
07-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Riley is so cute!:love: What a fun video!:D

robinh
07-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Love the bichon blitz! Kirby does it all by himself and totally confuses the other dogs. They look at him like he's crazy.

Freedom
07-23-2012, 07:22 PM
LOL humans, canines and felines ALL look at bichons like they are crazy, when they blitz! :D

cassiesmom
07-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Hello again, fluffs! I'm thinking of you tonight and hoping miss Riley is settling in well- sure looks like it to me :D

Freedom
07-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Elyse, it's as if she's lived here for months, not just 9 days, lol.

Tomorrow (Wed) she goes in for her spay and dental.