PDA

View Full Version : My beloved Kersey has terminal cancer

AdoreMyDogs
07-16-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm sad to announce that my heart-dog, my best girlfriend ever, the best dog to walk this earth, the smartest, prettiest, most gentle, kindest, most cuddely 75 pound lap dog on earth has terminal cancer. She has tumors on her speen and liver. If they were just on her speen, we could have the spleen removed and buy her 6+ months, but it's also on her liver, rendering her terminal. She's on medicine to hopefully give us more time with her. The vet said she could have days, weeks, or months left here on earth. Kersey will let me know when it's time. All I can do at this point is love her as much as I can, for as long as I'm blessed to have her as my loyal girl. My heart is beyond broken. Thank you for the prayers. At this point I'm hoping she makes it 6 more weeks until my mom gets here. My mom wants to see her granddog one last time. I'm hoping Kersey remains pain-free until then.

cassiesmom
07-16-2012, 11:36 PM
I saw this on Facebook and I am so sorry to learn this sad news. (((HUGS))) Big prayers that your heart dog will have months left rather than days.

Karen
07-17-2012, 01:07 AM
Our prayers are with you, and we are hoping Kersey, beloved of so many, heart dog of yours and sweet as brown sugar will be pain free for the rest of her days here on earth. She has been through so much, and we know your children will always keep her in their hearts as one of their first ever dogs.

chocolatepuppy
07-17-2012, 06:10 AM
I hope you have a good while left with Kersey and she feels ok until then. :love:

Freedom
07-17-2012, 06:43 AM
Just keep on loving her, enjoying this time with her. As I said on FB, Rules? Out the window! Whatever she wants, she gets! Whatever she does, it is OK!

Just sit with her, it will comfort you.

Alysser
07-17-2012, 08:15 AM
I saw this on Facebook to. I am so sorry. Many good thoughts to you, Kershey and your family through this rough time. :(:love:

pomtzu
07-17-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm so sorry to read this about your dear doggie Kersey. Cherish the time that you have left together, and may she remain pain free.

Randi
07-17-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm so very sorry to hear about Kersey. :( I hope you will have some more time with her and that she won't be in pain. Give her lots of love in her remaining time. :love:(((hugs)))

Glacier
07-17-2012, 01:09 PM
So sorry...we're facing the same thing with Muskwa...cancer sucks!

happylabs
07-17-2012, 02:08 PM
So sorry to hear this. :(

I wish they could find a cure for cancer.

Karen
07-17-2012, 09:50 PM
So sorry...we're facing the same thing with Muskwa...cancer sucks!

So sorry about that too, Glacier. I wonder if cancer is more prevalent these days, or just was not diagnosed years ago, because people just attributed it to "old age."

Karen
07-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Leslie has posted on Facebook, Kersey has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.

cassiesmom
07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Dear Adoremydogs, I am so sorry to learn this news. I lighted a candle for you on the PT board on gratefulness.org. I am so very sorry. (((HUGS)))

Karen
07-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Kersey's Memorial Thread is here (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?173892-Kersey).