PDA

View Full Version : A Dixie Nawtee Dawg story

Dixieland Dancer
11-19-2002, 01:16 PM
Just when I think my little princess is the best dog in the whole world, she has to go and make me so mad at her. :mad:

Last night I took Dusty to conformation class to get ready for the upcoming dog show. Since I was at work all day and my husband and son have Boy Scouts on Monday nights, I felt bad that Dixie would be left at home all alone in the evening. I didn't feel like lugging my wire crate along since it is heavy and we were only going to be there about one hour. I called my girlfriend and asked if I could borrow her soft sided crate to put Dixie in while I worked Dusty. She said ok.

Before class started I put Dixie in the crate. It has a mesh like front that zippers close. After about 15 minutes of working Dusty and Dixie being in the crate, she threw a temper tantrum. She clawed at the mesh and actually sliced a hole right down the front of it! :mad: She escaped and ran over to me as if to say "OK mom, it's my turn NOW". :confused:

I was so embarrassed because I have helped many of these people in this class in their obedience work. And here comes my dog who has two obedience titles to her name, acting like a spoiled child and disrupting the whole class. Of course everyone thought it was cute how much she wanted her mommy, except me. :(

The kicker of this story is that on the way home I called my husband and told him what had happened. His response "Good! You always tell everyone not to bring their dogs that are not being worked to class because it can hinder training. Next time heed your own advice!" Slap in the face. :eek:

I will be buying my friend a new soft sided crate when we go to Cleveland. Thank you very much Miss Nawtee Dawg Dixie. :rolleyes: Perhaps the AKC should create a new obedience title called X-CDX (no longer a companion dog excellent!).

You all know though that I wasn't mad at her long. All she had to do when we got home was give me those Dixie Dawg eyes and all was forgiven. She has her mommy wrapped around her paws! ;)

Could you be mad at these eyes for long???

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid39/pfa8e991d562db32648a4baec258084d5/fd06d677.jpg

Presley
11-19-2002, 01:22 PM
*Grins* I am sure you weren't mad at sweet Dixie for long :D
It is bad what she did but she only loves you so much Candy.. And the sad thing is i could Very much see Presley doing something like that... I can't even have a shower or go to the washroom and close the door behind me because she will roll around in the hallway balling LOL Gotta love em :D

iceyshiver21
11-19-2002, 01:25 PM
ahhh, the joys of owning dogs!

I will be buying my friend a new soft sided crate when we go to Cleveland. Thank you very much Miss Nawtee Dawg Dixie. Perhaps the AKC should create a new obedience title called X-CDX (no longer a companion dog excellent!).

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Nawtee dog story indeed! But when you are as adorable as Dixie, you can't be a nawtee dog for long!!

trisha0503
11-19-2002, 02:46 PM
Naughty,naughty,naughty Dixie:D No matter how naughty you are. we still love you the same :) Who could resist such a lovely face? ;) ;)

tatsxxx11
11-19-2002, 02:51 PM
Awwww, Dixie!!!!!:D:D You just wanted your Mommy!! One look at that face and all was forgiven, I'm sure!:) Star thinks it was kind of a KOOL move!:D You'd DIE if you knew what Cody did at the vet's last week! I still can't talk about it!:rolleyes: Talk about EMBARASSING!!:D

ramanth
11-19-2002, 02:56 PM
:eek: Dixie a naughty dog?!

Silly girl. :D

K9karen
11-19-2002, 03:12 PM
GASP! :eek: SHOCK!!! :eek: EEK!!! :eek: OMG! :eek: DIXIE***BELLE**** DIXIE**** GIRL ..DIXIE ** WIXIE..HOW COULD YOU????
:confused: ((( psstt.... gotta admit, my sweet girl,,,,,I would have thought it was cute too...but don't tell your mommy.....Cody's slappin ya a high 5 paw!..shhhhhh!!) {{{xoxoxoxoxoxxoox,,aunt K9 sends hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Cincy'sMom
11-19-2002, 03:54 PM
Isn't that always the way? They behave most of the time, except when you REALLY want them to!!

Lori, a trainer here in town has 5 dogs-3 goldens. She uses her goldens for demos and gets so frustrated when these obdience champ, master hunters are jumping on people and not listening. While I know the frustation it is sometimes a relief to see even a trainer's dog isn't perfect!

K9karen
11-20-2002, 07:04 AM
Hey Sandra! Inquiring minds what to know..what did Star*Shine do at the vet? Are you SURE it was "OUR" girl???

Dixieland Dancer
11-20-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
You'd DIE if you knew what Cody did at the vet's last week! I still can't talk about it!:rolleyes: Talk about EMBARASSING!!:D

OK.... I'm really curious too. What did Cody do last week at the vets? Come on Sandra.... spill the beans!

Sudilar
11-20-2002, 10:22 AM
You'd DIE if you knew what Cody did at the vet's last week! I still can't talk about it!:rolleyes: Talk about EMBARASSING!!:D

Aww, come on, Sandra, share......
Killian and Shiloh want to know....
Inquiring minds want to know........

Logan
11-20-2002, 10:25 AM
I want to know too!!! Seems like Cody is usually the quiet one.......expect any trouble, especially the embarassing kind, to come from Starshine!!!! So fess up, girlie!! We want to know!!! :D Might make my bad Honey feel better to know there is another troublemaker out there!!!! :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-20-2002, 10:29 AM
I too am curious! Come on Sandra! Tell!

Logan
11-20-2002, 09:24 PM
Come on, Sandra. Don't forget to tell your story!!! :D

Pam
11-20-2002, 09:26 PM

C'mon Sandra, inquiring minds want to know! ;)

Sudilar
11-21-2002, 09:08 AM
.....Come on, Sandra.......you told Logan the story...........you like her best..(pouting).........hehehehe, pretty please??????

(whispering.....ok, guys, anymore ideas on how to convince her to tell us the story......it must be really good!!)

P.S. I borrowed the top lines from my kids. Sometimes it worked!;)

Logan
11-21-2002, 09:39 AM
LOL!!!! Sandra, I think you had better tell that story, and quickly!!! They think you're picking favorites!!!! :D

Sudilar
11-21-2002, 09:46 AM
Killi to Aunt Sandra,

Ohhhhh, I'm feeling sooooooo sick today.........I think I need something to make me feel better.............Oh, a nice embarrassing story would probably make me feel better.........Ohhhhh, I'm so illlllllllllll..............................

Love, Killi

hehehehehe (is it working yet????)

Logan
11-21-2002, 09:53 AM
I am going to interject a little something here...........Sandra had a rough afternoon, yesterday, which was related to a rescue effort she was making. It may account for her absence this morning. I made sure to tell her on the phone, yesterday, that we were waiting to hear the story. She asked me if I wanted to wait to see it in writing, but I said no!! I wanted to hear it from her, and it WAS hilarious (more funny than embarrassing in my opinion). Hehehe!!!

We might have to start swamping her with emails and Private messages, but I'll bet she can write out that hilarious story in a way that will have all of us chuckling!!! And it might brighten her spirits too!

Logan

Sudilar
11-21-2002, 10:56 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry Sandra had a bad experience with the rescue yesterday. Can she also share that story? I know how heartbreaking rescue can be. I already can relate a sad story and I've only just begun:
One of the dogs picked up out of animal control on Monday had a bloody paw. Seems that it is cancer and at the very least the paw has to be amputated (maybe the whole leg). I don't know how it is going to end because I am not going to ask. :(

Sandra, share with us, we will help you through the happy and the sad times. I know I will be calling on all of you to help me!

tatsxxx11
11-21-2002, 10:56 AM
I can't deny my Killi!!:) Check in this evening! Of course now with all this buildup you're all probably going to be disappointed!!:D

Sudilar
11-21-2002, 11:00 AM
WOOHOO!!!!!! Killi says thank you!!!!!! Did I ever mention to you that he is a very nosy dog??? Hehehehe! We will be waiting with baited breath!!!!

(shyly) Thank you, Aunt Sandra! We love you!!
Killi

Logan
11-21-2002, 11:19 AM
No way will anyone be disappointed!!! Not if you tell it the way you told me yesterday!!! :D :D :D Of course, these folks need a mental picture of our little, tiny Sandra, with two big dogs before they even hear this story!!!! :)

Sudilar
11-21-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Of course, these folks need a mental picture of our little, tiny Sandra, with two big dogs before they even hear this story!!!! :)

NOW to be really pushy.............Sandra, do you have a picture of you, so we can get the full effect of the incident?????? Hmmmmmm? We know how lovely and large the most stunning Star***Shine and completely gorgeous Cody are.....but I don't really recall a picture of you.....................

Sudilar
11-21-2002, 02:25 PM
Ohhhh, aren't you all gorgeous!!! And so young, too!!

Thanks for sharing, Logan! :D

trisha0503
11-21-2002, 02:40 PM
Awwww :) You are all beautiful! I'm so glad to finally see the pictures of Helen, Logan and Sandra :) :)

K9karen
11-21-2002, 03:08 PM
I've seen the photo before but I STILL want to just grab you all and give you big tight {HUGS!!!!} Someday soon I hope

Rachel
11-22-2002, 06:28 AM
We're still waiting....

Sudilar
11-22-2002, 10:51 AM
Yup.

Cinder & Smoke
11-22-2002, 07:12 PM
... You'd DIE if you knew what Cody did at the vet's last week!
I still can't talk about it!:rolleyes:
Talk about EMBARASSING!!:D

Followed by:

Check in this evening!
Of course now with all this buildup you're all probably going to be disappointed!!

HEY CODY! ~

How long we gotta wait :( fur yer Vet Tail???

Weez been diyin ta DIE ta knowe whut ya dun! :p

Kamonne an FESS UP!
Yer FurFriendz REELEE wanna knowe! :D

gini
11-22-2002, 08:59 PM
Yeah, Sandra, I read through all three pages of posts and I still don't know nuttin' - except that Logan knows and we don't!!!

Sudilar
11-22-2002, 10:16 PM
Yup.

Logan
11-22-2002, 10:30 PM
Girl, you are making me look bad!!!! :o

gini
11-22-2002, 11:18 PM
HEE HEE!!!

Cincy'sMom
11-23-2002, 07:35 AM
We're still (patiently) waiting....

Sudilar
11-24-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
We're still (patiently) waiting....

Yup.

zippy-kat
11-25-2002, 12:51 AM
Can we hear it yet?
Can we hear it yet?
Can we hear it yet?
Can we hear it yet?

Corinna
11-26-2002, 11:08 AM
Hey we are all dying to know!!!!!

wolf_Q
11-26-2002, 11:10 AM
Tell! Tell!

Cookiebaker
11-26-2002, 05:00 PM
Eeee I'm so curious! Pretty please?? :D

zippy-kat
12-01-2002, 02:20 AM
:D we haven't forgotten :D

gini
12-01-2002, 09:13 AM
SANDRA!!???

There!! I don't think she could hear us!:D :D

Sudilar
12-01-2002, 01:13 PM
Oh Sandra, can you please tell us.......not only poor Killian needs to hear a funny story, but dear Gaylord isn't feeling well from his Emergency Vet visit this morning either and when he gets home, I'm sure he will need to hear something to cheer him up, when he comes out of the sedation. ........Please, please.....(I don't want to come up with any more sick furbabies to try to win you sympathy into telling the story........). Will post later about Gaylords adventures. He really is a sweet guy! Killi and Shi miss him when he's gone....

Cookiebaker
12-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Sudilar
Oh Sandra, can you please tell us.......not only poor Killian needs to hear a funny story, but dear Gaylord isn't feeling well from his Emergency Vet visit this morning either and when he gets home, I'm sure he will need to hear something to cheer him up, when he comes out of the sedation. ........Please, please.....(I don't want to come up with any more sick furbabies to try to win you sympathy into telling the story........). Will post later about Gaylords adventures. He really is a sweet guy! Killi and Shi miss him when he's gone....

What happened to Gaylord????? Is he OK?? I'm worried about him now!! :confused:

Corinna
12-03-2002, 01:32 PM
Ok Sue and Sandra you can't leave hints or statements like that and just not get back to us.
How shall we punish you? 1/2 hour of cat kisses!!
No thats too rough!I know 15 minutes of my lady dogs kisses very excitable Newfy.

Sudilar
12-03-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
How shall we punish you? 1/2 hour of cat kisses!!
No thats too rough!I know 15 minutes of my lady dogs kisses very excitable Newfy.

Hahaha, Corinna, that would be Heaven!!!!!! (even the cat kisses, but I am allergic!)!!

Here's Gaylords story:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17787&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Cisco's Mom
12-03-2002, 06:07 PM
Sure sounds like to me she just wanted to show off all her talent!