PDA

View Full Version : A question for my fellow kitties

momcat
07-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Hi fellow kitties,
I've been wondering about something. My Meowmie loves to cook and of course my supervision is required. She cooks lots of different things, sometimes she gives me what she made but sometimes she won't. Her excuse always is "It's not good for kitties." My very favorite thing is when Meowmie makes chicken. I love chicken and I always get some after it cools off, whatever that means.

Anyway, I was wondering:

Does your Meowmie like to cook too?
If so, do you supervise the process?
What's your favorite thing that your Meowmie makes?
Do you get some when it's done?

There are times when Meowmie says, "This is my food, I don't eat yours!" How many times have we heard that?

Your friend,
Groucho

catmandu
07-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Our Human Dad:love::love: does not cook that much, but whatever he makes we are welcome to a bite!!:D
Sometimes it is vegetables, and we dont eat a lot, except for potatoes and corn.:cool:
We LOVE Take Out , because we can smell taht its something good and we all get to share:cool::cool::cool:
We LOVE Our Huamn Dad :love::love:

Randi
07-16-2012, 09:43 AM
My mom likes to cook, but she ruins most of the food by putting it into a pan or a pot. It doesn't matter if it's fish, chicken, lamb, liver or duck, she ruins it!! However, even if I'm fast asleep 3 rooms away, I can hear when she starts taking things out of the fridge and cutting vegetables, so I'm right there to get some before she spoils it all - but you gotta be quick! :p

So... my favourites are raw fish and raw meat, but I will also eat boiled corn and green beans. ;)

Your friend with the good taste,
Fister

moosmom
07-16-2012, 09:48 AM
Hey G-Man!!

Yeah, my Meowmie likes to cook. Mostly chicken and veggies. Problem is Meowmie doesn't cook it fast enough for my liking. That's okay cuz I just stand on top of the fridge, supervising her, screaming at the top of my lungs till she relents.

Your friend,
UtchieB

Good morning Counselor Groucho!

Meowmie makes me fresh shrimpies when she makes her stiry fry. She tells me I'm her oldie but goodie and I can have ANYTHING I want!!!

Love,

Bartie

cassiesmom
07-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Dear Groucho,

Cassie supervises my every move in the kitchen - putting away groceries, taking medicine and cooking. Her current favorites are chicken, because she gets a few bites when it is cool; and cold cereal with milk. When she hears the cereal hitting the bowl, she's there! And she meows as I pour the milk, reminding me to put a little extra in the bowl for her! She also likes chicken from the local Chinese take-out, so I cut up a couple pieces for her. She looooooves the tiny shrimp you sometimes find in egg rolls. I made scrambled eggs for supper one night and she was hanging around me and meowing; so I gave her a tiny piece of the cooked egg, which she ate. She loves yogurt and if I leave a little on the foil lid, she'll lick it up. One time I brought home an Arby's sandwich and she was meowing, so I gave her just a few bites of the meat, which she liked. We don't have an Arby's very close anymore, though. She loves turkey from the deli department at the supermarket! And of course, tuna fish, nom nom! She would be happy if we had cereal with milk for breakfast every day; tuna fish for lunch and Chinese take-out for supper. That would make her extremely happy!

Could you please have meowmie and Soncat give you some petting, cuddles and lovies from us :love:
Hugs,
Cassie Cat and Elyse

katladyd
07-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Our meowmie cooks sometimes, she says she hates it but what she makes is pretty good! She makes a lot of things with beef and chicken. Of course, I love the milk left over from the cereal, chicken, and the pepperoni left over from the boy's pizza.
The other two don't eat or want much human food. Sillly cats!:rolleyes:

Mac

snakemama
07-16-2012, 02:09 PM
This is very interesting. We are not allowed in the kitchen. I think something is very wrong here. Dad says we can't be "underfoot" when Meowmie is cooking. I think we need to discuss this with them. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

-Kubey, Charlie, and Sherpa

Pinot's Mom
07-16-2012, 04:44 PM
This is very interesting. We are not allowed in the kitchen. I think something is very wrong here. Dad says we can't be "underfoot" when Meowmie is cooking. I think we need to discuss this with them. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

-Kubey, Charlie, and Sherpa

I think you need to talk to your lawyer! Oh, Groucho!

Anyway, of course I supervise in the kitchen, it doesn't matter if it's Mom, Dad, or Aunt MaryBeth. I hop up on the kitchen island to investigate. I don't care for a lot of 'their' food, BUT, if it involves CHEESE - well, that's a different story! I MUST have CHEESE! I really have to work for it, though, because Mom says it's not 'good' for me. :rolleyes: Oh, well, Aunt MaryBeth takes care of me! ;)

Purrs, Pinot

Edwina's Secretary
07-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Supervise?!?!?!?!? I do not supervise - that is work! As the Queen of Everything I merely wait. My share of the dinner is then served. On dishes! No plastic or paper! I do not need that clumsy silverware!

My pawpie - who is much more in tune with the demands of tummy - makes sure I am always taken care of. At times he cools the food off in his mouth - and makes sure there is no foreign sauce on it - before serving me.

He gives me ice cream - no thank you to yogurt! which has been warmed to the perfect consistency....for my desert...

Lady Edwina

Bengalz
07-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Of course I supervise!! Everything:p... when Mommy cooks she knows to save some of my favourite things just for me - chicken, turkey, salmon and prawns are my favourites:D. And ... tuna!!

I make myself very comfortable between mommy and daddy at dinner time and wait for my treats. Mommy says it's all daddy's fault - he and I often have snacks together;). He cools my food too - he's a good daddy:love:.

Now that it's summer and mom and dad like to have dinner outside on the deck, they usually bring my dinner out for me too - it tastes better out there:D.

Yes ... I hear "I don't eat your food ..." almost every day:p!

Eve

smokey the elder
07-17-2012, 08:48 AM
I had a cat, Almond, that had to be shut into the bathroom when we had sushi! She took off with a piece of salmon once.:D