View Full Version : Confessions of a male cat owner

kitten645
07-14-2012, 09:55 PM
:love::D:love::D:love::D

http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/confessions-of-a-male-cat-owner/

momcat
07-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Hi Cat Guy,
If you told me you had a cat I'd be major excited and ask you a gazillion questions about your favorite feline. Somewhere in there I'd ask if you had kitty's picture with you and if you'd let me see it. There's nothing wrong with a guy being owned by a cat, it says you're a sensitive and strong person who appreciates the often strange but hysterically funny quirks cats are known for - that's why we love them!

So, go ahead and brag about your little kitty and be sure to keep at least one kitty picture in your wallet. You never know, it just might seal the connection between you and that very special lady you want to impress!

mrspunkysmom
07-14-2012, 10:58 PM
I think this is a great article. I didn't know there was an issue with guys and cats. I like guys with cats.

It may be that guys with cats are self-assured and do not need an animal that adores them.

katladyd
07-15-2012, 01:22 AM
All of the best men I have ever dated were 'cat men'. They're wonderful people!:)

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2012, 02:41 AM
I think it's great when men can admit the they like/love cats. Even better when they actually own one.:)

Bengalz
07-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Kudos to you Cat Guy! It is a well known fact that cats are pretty selective about people and who they choose to hang out with. The fact that you are owned by a cat who obviously loves you speaks volumes - you must be pretty special yourself:). If the ladies you date don't get this, it's time to find a lady who does get it. Be assured your cat will let you know who that lady is:). As for others thinking of you as a "wuss" for liking cats, that would be their problem, certainly not yours!

P.S. I wonder if Cat Guy has found PetTalk yet??

pomtzu
07-15-2012, 04:03 PM
My son is a big burly guy - tattoos, pierced ear, drives a Harley. He's really a big marshmallow, but you'd never know it to look at him - and he has always loved and had cats all of his adult life. Maybe his love of them came from growing up with always having cats in the household. I admire a man who admits that he loves cats just as much as I do! :)

happylabs
07-15-2012, 04:23 PM
I would love to meet a cat guy, fall in love and live happily ever after!

phesina
07-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Me too!

pomtzu
07-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Never again. Once was more than enough!!!!! :p

Taz_Zoee
07-15-2012, 05:42 PM
My boyfriend was never a cat guy. Not that he didn't like them.......he just never had one. They had dogs growing up. Well when Taz and I moved in, that all changed. He is definitely a cat guy. Would he have cats if we weren't together? That's a good question. I'm not sure he'd be able to handle cleaning the litter boxes. :p Sometimes I think he spoils the kitties more than I do. :)
When I was dating, I never thought it was strange or "wussy" for a guy to have a cat. I thought it was awesome!! Honestly it shows a sensitive side right away that you might have to search harder for in a dog owner or non-pet owner.

5Cats
07-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks for posting that, it was funny! My late husband loved our cats and all cats as much as I do and was not embarrassed about it.

Edwina's Secretary
07-23-2012, 11:06 PM
For those who remember how Edwina came into my life - it was because my soon-to-be husband wanted a cat!

catmandu
07-24-2012, 09:26 AM
I still get an odd look once in a while, but thankfully I amso old that it doesnt matter anymore.:eek::eek:

Randi
07-24-2012, 10:00 AM
What a great article! He's my kind of guy. :)

AlleyCat
07-30-2012, 10:59 AM
Great blog! :)

Of course, any man in my life must love cats. As it were, my now-fiance came with 2 of his own. (He adopted them several weeks after we started dating 5 years ago. He claims he "reeled me in" with that. ;) )