PDA

View Full Version : Triskadeckaphobia Thursday #489!

RICHARD
07-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Three Friday the 13ths this year.

How's about a movie night, Friday the 13th, popcorn and a few drinks?

It's a tad bit humid outdoors, but really mild, so I'll open up the bar to get a crosswind..

DONE!

Lady's Human
07-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Popcorn as long as it's not microwave popcorn.

Hows about popcorn balls? Orc should love those........

RICHARD
07-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Popcorn as long as it's not microwave popcorn.

Hows about popcorn balls? Orc should love those........

Homemade, served in a brown paper bag with what ever you like.

I have done a season salt popcorn before. Great with a cold beer.

Popcorn balls, I haven't seen one of those in years.

DONE!

mrspunkysmom
07-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Triskaidekaphobia!!!! Something which I do not suffer from!

I love Friday the 13th, the day. The movies, no so much, actually not at all.

I love home made popcorn. And some Lemonade. I'm watching Twister tonight.

Karen
07-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Just munched a handful of peanuts, no popcorn, but hey, should be fun anyway! Never been phobic about Friday the thirteenth one bit! Better have David keep the Orc busy with some chores outside while we make the popcorn balls, mixing hot caramelized sugar in liquid form, or hot molasses and Orc would be pretty disastrous! And lead to ants invading the place I am sure!

Lady's Human
07-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Guys, there's fresh hot donuts on the bar and a new pot of coffee, help yourselves. I'm going to go collapse into a food coma!

DJFyrewolf36
07-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Spook says that Friday the 13th is her day...well she says EVERY day is her day.

I'll take a cold one and some popcorn. Is it OK if Spook sits at the bar too? ;)

pomtzu
07-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Hot donuts??? - does that mean they're homemade??? I'm in for donuts and coffee on this gloomy Saturday. Light rain on and off all day, but hardly enough to help with this dry spell. At least it could rain during the week and not on the weekend - sheesh!!! :rolleyes: Good day for reading I suppose...............

RICHARD
07-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Triskaidekaphobia!!!! Something which I do not suffer from!

I love Friday the 13th, the day. The movies, no so much, actually not at all.

I love home made popcorn. And some Lemonade. I'm watching Twister tonight.

Homemade popcorn, lemonade and a front row seat!

DONE!

Karen,

Let's keep the Orc busy by putting him on the porch to shell peanuts and juice lemons.

Done!

LH,

I'd love me an apple fritter. I go to the super and always throw a look at the donut case. Thank god they don't always have them there.
DONE!

DJ,

A cold one and a seat for Spook.

DONE!

Pom,

It's a little overcast, thundering and rainy.

Good day for a book, movie or professional bowling on the tube....Just kidding....

DONE!

moosmom
07-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Make mine 13 Pom Martinis with 13 green olives. Don't forget the chips and salsa!!!

RICHARD
07-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Make mine 13 Pom Martinis with 13 green olives. Don't forget the chips and salsa!!!

Done and DONE!

A martini sounds good about now.

Pinot's Mom
07-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Hi y'all - we're back! :) Just returned from Bethel, NY - time to catch up...

Brought some wine from a local vintner up there - any takers? I'll take some popcorn to go with, and tell the story of the weekend.

We checked into the B&B and, much to my husband's delight, were told that due to the Catskill Mountainkeepers event the next day, there was a BEERTRUCK outside; we were told to settle in (to an upgraded room) and come help ourselves. We had good conversation with the proprietor and some others, and really good microbrews. We were not involved with the event; were there for other events, but Ela (owner of B&B, host of the event), said we were welcome, so we stayed all afternoon, listened to some good music, impassioned speeches (from, among others, Debra Winger), had good beer, excellent food and conversation. The next day, we went to the Woodstock museum at Bethel, had dinner at a good local place, and went back for the Furthur show that evening at Bethel Woods. This morning we went to the original Woodstock stage site, took a few more pictures, and came home. Really good weekend overall! Hope y'all had the same! :)

Karen
07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Hey, glad you had a good time! You were only about an hour and a half away from Lady's Human's crew, too! I'm far more partial to Upstate NY than the city for sure! ;)

smokey the elder
07-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Pinot's Mom, was that Pazdar's Winery? They come to the farmer's markets in Peekskill sometimes.

RICHARD
07-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Pinot's Mom, was that Pazdar's Winery? They come to the farmer's markets in Peekskill sometimes.

OMDL,

I just cannot help myself.......

Peeskill?

Isn't that being able to hit the bowl while standing?

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.:eek:;):D

-------------------------

Karen,

I loved SoCal.

Especially the area near ElLay. A little metro and the ocean and mountains. All in the same day.

--------------------------

PM,
Sounds like a great trip!

Glad you had a good time.

Pinot's Mom
07-17-2012, 11:55 AM

It's called Eminence Road Winery. Very small operation; non-filtered, minimal process, they stomp the grapes with their feet! Nice guy that runs it, though.

pomtzu
07-17-2012, 01:19 PM
OMDL,

I just cannot help myself.......

Peeskill?

Isn't that being able to hit the bowl while standing?

:D No-no-no Richard. It's PEEK-skill. :p

Karen
07-18-2012, 10:12 PM
One of those moments - there's thread called "The cat came back" so the old song in a minor key is running through my head!

So glad we got rain - drownpours even!