PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Promotion of My Furkids

2kitties
11-19-2002, 10:54 AM
Rocky and Taz love to sleep in this room because it gets great afternoon sunlight and is very warm. Also, it has red walls. Did I read somewhere that cats see red better than other colors?

Here's Taz squishing in the pillows. What's with the tongue?
http://www.pickheaters.com/webpics/TazTongue.jpg

Here's Rocky sitting very gracefully. I interrupted a butt bath here and he's a little caught off guard!
http://www.pickheaters.com/webpics/rockysittingugly.jpg

Logan
11-19-2002, 11:10 AM
Well, there is never anything shamless about sharing your babies with us!! We love pictures. And nosy me LOVES your "red" room too!!!! :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-19-2002, 11:33 AM
I love that picture of Taz! Tubby sometimes has his tongue out like that too, but undoubtedly by the time I get the camera it's back in his mouth where it belongs. :)

And Rocky does look a little surprised. :)

NoahsMommy
11-19-2002, 12:12 PM
Beautiful room!! I just love the picture of Taz amongst the pillows. Such a cutie! :)

And Rocky, what a gorgeous view you have there!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-19-2002, 12:21 PM
Great pictures of your cute kids. Thanks for sharing them with us.:D

Vermontcat
11-19-2002, 12:28 PM
My cat Samantha would love to have a Red Room like your boys have! They look very happy on their bed with all of their pillows! :)

smokey the elder
11-20-2002, 07:42 AM
Poor kitty caught in the act of doing his private business!;) Feel free to be "shameless" any old time.:D

2kitties
11-20-2002, 09:10 AM
Thank you all. These little guys have me wrapped around their little claws! Tubby and Peanut's Mom, I catch Taz with his tongue out all the time. I am not sure it fits well into his mouth! He's got a slight overbite anyway.
I don't know why they like the red room so much. It could be the sunlight, or that red is a color cats see well, or maybe because I don't go in there very much! Hmmm

Vio&Juni
11-20-2002, 09:47 AM
Your kitties are amazing :)
I love your red room too, I planned one of my future rooms red too (everything is in the boxes now, waiting for me to find a nice place), but, actually, kitties see red as dark grey. Maybe they like dark grey, who knows.
Kitties see only the middle of the spectrum - from orange to violet, so the best color is blue, also they see well yellow and green. There was a thread about cat vision not so long ago on Cat General, very interesting. I myself found out a lot of things, I had no idea about.

jenluckenbach
11-20-2002, 07:11 PM
One of our rooms has a red rug. Maybe that is why the cats like ot so much.
I love your kitties.
I have known cats whose tongue always sticks out, but I have also caught them in "mid-lick" and I always ask them "Did your tounge get stuck out?!?"

neko1
11-20-2002, 07:16 PM
Love the first pic, black and red go great together!!

toughCookie
11-20-2002, 07:32 PM
wonderful pics ! and I also like the red room!

Neko, I can't believe how much your grey cat, the one on the far right of your avatar, looks like my cat.

Cataholic
11-20-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
I have known cats whose tongue always sticks out, but I have also caught them in "mid-lick" and I always ask them "Did your tounge get stuck out?!?"

Jen, I am curious, what is their reply?:D

2kitties
11-21-2002, 10:58 AM
:D Hee Hee Hee.
I'd like to know what he replies too.
I find that Taz's tongue sticks out alot. Also, when he washes himself, its almost like he forgets to put it back in his mouth.
Always amazes me how long cat tongues are!

Edwina's Secretary
11-21-2002, 11:17 AM
I think they like the red room because they look so good sitting in it! They are beautiful -- so is the red room (I had a red living room in my house before I got married. I want to paint my husband's office hunter green or red. He says it would make him feel claustrophobic! :( )

Cataholic
11-21-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I think they like the red room because they look so good sitting in it! They are beautiful -- so is the red room (I had a red living room in my house before I got married. I want to paint my husband's office hunter green or red. He says it would make him feel claustrophobic! :( )

Perhaps he could get some phobia counseling?:D