PDA

View Full Version : A Few More New Pics Of My Orange/Buff Cats & Kittens -7-13-12 Radar Is Now Sick

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2012, 01:26 AM
I still can't get over how great all of my orangies&buff cats and kittens are getting along. It was so peaceful out in my living room tonight. I just had to take some pictures. Pearl wanted to come out so I let her out and she tried to cause problems.:( She went up to a sleeping Radar and immediately starting hissing at him. This of course startled all of the cats in the cat tree. I put her back in my bedroom and then I took some pictures. By then Reece had woken up and had moved from one of the perches to a lower level of the cat tree. If only Pearl & Ziggy would just learn to at least tolerate their younger brothers. They don't have to like them. I would like them to just be able to tolerate them enough to be in the same room with them without causing problems. Any way here are 9 new pictures. Enjoy!!!:)

I guess this is why they call this a cat tree:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/New%20Cat%20and%20Kitten%20Pics%20July%2012%202012/NewCatKittenPics-7-12-12001-croppedresized.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/New%20Cat%20and%20Kitten%20Pics%20July%2012%202012/NewCatKittenPics-7-12-12002-croppedresized.jpg

A very relaxed, sleeping Radar:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/New%20Cat%20and%20Kitten%20Pics%20July%2012%202012/NewCatKittenPics-7-12-12004-Radarcroppedresized.jpg

Reece Making Biscuits:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/New%20Cat%20and%20Kitten%20Pics%20July%2012%202012/NewCatKittenPics-7-12-12030-Reecemakingbiscuits.jpg

Rory looking cute:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/New%20Cat%20and%20Kitten%20Pics%20July%2012%202012/NewCatKittenPics-7-12-12018-Rorycroppedresized.jpg

More pictures coming up.>>>>

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Colby:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/New%20Cat%20and%20Kitten%20Pics%20July%2012%202012/NewCatKittenPics-7-12-12010-Colbyresizedcropped.jpg

Finnegan:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/New%20Cat%20and%20Kitten%20Pics%20July%2012%202012/NewCatKittenPics-7-12-12013-Finnegancroppedresized.jpg

Alani:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/New%20Cat%20and%20Kitten%20Pics%20July%2012%202012/NewCatKittenPics-7-12-12026-Alanicroppedresized.jpg

Blaze:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/krazyaboutkatz/New%20Cat%20and%20Kitten%20Pics%20July%2012%202012/NewCatKittenPics-7-12-12021-Blazecroppedresized.jpg

That's all for now.:)

chocolatepuppy
07-13-2012, 05:17 AM
How nice to wake up to a thread of your kittys!:D I hope Pearl & Ziggy will come around soon to their new little brothers.

phesina
07-13-2012, 06:53 AM
Amazing Orangeness!!!!! Thank you!

cassiesmom
07-13-2012, 07:18 AM
Yay, yay! A healthy dose of orangeness this morning! Hello, orange and buff kitty guys! And hello, Sky and Storm, Ziggy Stardust and Pearl!

catmandu
07-13-2012, 09:30 AM
:love::love::love:
What a Cosmic Clowder of Owesome Orangeness , all those Orange Cats all in one spot!!!
You certainly look great all together on your Cat Tower, and we can just feel the love and togetherness.
:D:D:D
We just LOVE Owesome Orange here and Miquelito^^ and Mikey and Monroe Fluffy Tails ^^ ^^ are sending all our friendliness!!!
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

smokey the elder
07-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Aww, an orange six-pack on the cat tree!

Bengalz
07-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Now that's good therapy :love:! You must be in bliss with all those little ones, content as can be, creating an aura of orange in your world:D. I love it!!

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks everyone.:) Radar may be either sick or just very tired out from playing too hard. I'm hoping it's the second one. I called my vet hospital to get some advice and since I was able to get him to eat a little bit of canned food, they told me to monitor him. This morning when I went to feed the kittens only Reece and Rory came running. Radar was still sleeping in a cat cube. He seems very lethargic and he wasn't interested in eating any of the dry food.:( He's usually the first one at the food bowl and he's a little piggie so I knew something must be wrong. After he ate some canned food he went back to the cat cube to sleep again.:( I know that Finnegan was playing with him a lot yesterday so I'm hoping that his body just needs some extra time to recover. Please send some prayers and positive vibes his way. Thanks in advance.:)

Catty1
07-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Prayers for Radar! Is his nose cold and wet? I hope it's just him being tired out...if one of my cats stopped running to the kitchen at food time I would be worried too!

Get well, little guy. :love::love::love:

Beautiful pics...you sure don't need your Vitamin C tablets with so much orange in your life!:D

Taz_Zoee
07-13-2012, 12:16 PM
They blend so nicely with the color of the cat tree. :) I just love seeing your photos. I hope Pearl and Ziggy will come around and be able to stay in the same room with the boys, eventually. I know exactly how it is when they don't get along. Stressful!

I hope little Radar is feeling better soon.

katladyd
07-13-2012, 02:16 PM
I love looking at all that wonderful orangeness!! As for Radar, my cats have all been eating less with the heat, even though I use the air conditioning a lot. As long as he is eating something and drinking, just keep an eye on him. I sure hope that precious little darling feels better soon!:love:

phesina
07-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Prayers and good wishes and healing energies for dear little Radar, that he and his appetite will shortly be back in fine form.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Scooter's Mom
07-13-2012, 07:23 PM
I love the photos!
I hope Radar is feeling better.

mrspunkysmom
07-13-2012, 09:48 PM
I see you added the new ones to your signature. All the orangies are so cute! How is Radar doing tonight? Hope he's feeling better.

krazyaboutkatz
07-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Thanks everyone.:) Radar is still lethargic and he isn't interested in food, water, or even chicken broth.:( All he wants to do is sleep. I just got off the phone with my vet hospital which is also an ER hospital and I was told that he should be seen tonight because he can become dehydrated and get low blood sugar quickly. Just to be seen it'll cost me $135 so I'll just have to charge it and hope that whatever is wrong with him isn't too serious.:( I'll update this thread later. Please continue sending prayers and positive thoughts his way. Thanks.:)

Catty1
07-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Oh dear. PT Prayers going out to Radar! I hope he heals quickly!:love::love::love:

Bengalz
07-14-2012, 12:13 AM
All paws and claws crossed for dear little Radar. Keep us posted when you can. Hugs and cuddles to you and the Krew:love:!

krazyaboutkatz
07-14-2012, 03:19 AM
I'm so glad that I took him in tonight because his temp. was 105.5.:eek: He's a very sick little boy.:( He has some kind of an URI and he was given sub-q fluids, some metacam, and some azithromycin. He'll be on metacam once a day for 4 days and azithromycin once a day for about 7 days I think. I'll also continue to give Radar & Rory tobramycin eye drops for 7 days. The vet was surprised that it took this long for him to get sick since I've had him since June 30th. I did tell him that he was on clavamox and some other eye drops but I guess he wasn't on them long enough or they just didn't do the trick. He said that some of my cats may get milder cases of this URI and some may have been already been exposed to it so they won't get it. I already know that Rory's right eye looks bad and has also been goopy so I hope that this is as bad as he gets. So far Reece has been fine and so have all of my other cats. I hope that they'll all continue to stay happy and healthy.

My vet finally got back to me by e-mail but it was while I was getting ready to take Radar to the vet and I didn't get the e-mail until much later. She told me that she could see him on Sun. at 11:30am but this would've been too long of a wait for him. I e-mailed her back to see if she could see one of my kittens at this time if they end up getting sick. I had also booked an appt. with her for Tues. at 8am but I won't cancel it until some time on Mon. just in case I may need it for one of the other kittens. I hope that I won't and I hope that Radar will make a speedy and full recovey. Please continue to send prayers and positive thoughts his way. Thanks.:)

phesina
07-14-2012, 05:48 AM
Oh, poor little Radar! We're so glad you took him in. Continuing prayers and good wishes and healing energies for him. God bless.

Freedom
07-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Those photos are amazing! I don't think I have EVER seen so many orangies (and buff) in one home, let alone all together in one area! And Cindy took my thoughts (again!), they are well camouflaged in that tree, ha ha haaa.

Poor Radar. Sometimes, we have to remember we KNOW our furkids, we've had plenty of experience, and we need to go with our first impression. Sorry it cost you the ER fee, VERY glad you got Radar in when you did. Heal up widdle boy!

I wonder if it is the color that Pearl doesn't like? When we go to our small dog meet ups, if there are lots of bichons (usually the case) they all play in one area together and just ignore the other pups. There is definitely breed recognition in dogs (read about it in other situations, too). Even a Maltese (also white) may not be able to work in to the play, just gets ignored. There is not nearly as much research with cats, but your situation makes me wonder.

DJFyrewolf36
07-14-2012, 07:49 AM
Thank you for sharing pictures of your crew! I hope Radar is feeling better and that the rest of you kitties don't get sick.

Vermontcat
07-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Great pictures of all of your orange cats in your "orange tree".;)
I'm sorry to hear that Radar is so sick.:(
Maybe Pearl sensed something was wrong with him and that is why she hissed at him.
She and Ziggy may also be feeling overwhelmed by all the new orange cats in your home, sometimes it takes a while for cats to get used to just one new kitten.
Please give some hugs and kisses to all of your cats for me.:love:

cassiesmom
07-14-2012, 09:06 AM
All paws and claws crossed for dear little Radar. Keep us posted when you can. Hugs and cuddles to you and the Krew:love:!

From here too, fingers and paws crossed :love:

Catty1
07-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Wow - poor sick little guy! Thank goodness it is treatable! Radar, get better soon sweetie - I bet you'll be hungry within 24 hours.:)

Hugs to you and all your fursibs.:love::love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Aw so sorry Radar is sick. Lots of prayers on the way for you both. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks everyone.:) I forgot to mention that even if I taken Radar into my vet hospital earlier on Friday, he would've still been treated as an urgent care case because they had no appointments left. They were totally booked Fri.,Sat.,& Sun. It's a very busy place. Radar seems a little more alert today but he still wants to sleep and just rest in his cat cube. He didn't want to eat anything at 8am but I was able to open up his mouth and out a little canned food into it. I also squirted some water into his mouth with a large syringe used for force feeding cats. At about 11:30am he was able to eat a little dry food on his own but he still didn't want any canned food so I opened up his mouth and fed him some. I also squirted more water into his mouth with the same syringe and I'll continue to do this throughout the day. He gets his meds at night since this is when we started him on them. He still feels very warm to me just like he did last night so I hope that his temp will start going down to normal soon. I hope to see more improvement in him by tomorrow.

So far the other two kittens are doing well and so are the rest of my cats. Rory's right eye is still red and sometimes has goopies so I'm putting extra drops in it. I'm glad that I adopted 3 kittens instead of just 2 because now Reece & Rory have each other to play with but of course Colby & Finnegan have to join in the fun too.:) I'm glad that I can be home now but I do go back to work on Monday. I learned from Radar's foster mom that a few more kittens have been having the eye problems and sneezes so they've been treated or are currently being treated and they're all doing well so something is definitely going around. Please continue sending prayers and positive thoughts Radar's way. I'll continue to keep you updated. Thanks again.:)

krazyaboutkatz
07-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Those photos are amazing! I don't think I have EVER seen so many orangies (and buff) in one home, let alone all together in one area! And Cindy took my thoughts (again!), they are well camouflaged in that tree, ha ha haaa.

Poor Radar. Sometimes, we have to remember we KNOW our furkids, we've had plenty of experience, and we need to go with our first impression. Sorry it cost you the ER fee, VERY glad you got Radar in when you did. Heal up widdle boy!

I wonder if it is the color that Pearl doesn't like? When we go to our small dog meet ups, if there are lots of bichons (usually the case) they all play in one area together and just ignore the other pups. There is definitely breed recognition in dogs (read about it in other situations, too). Even a Maltese (also white) may not be able to work in to the play, just gets ignored. There is not nearly as much research with cats, but your situation makes me wonder.
This is very interesting. I wonder if it is true in cats too. The orangies and buffs seem to really get along very well together. Sky has also been accepted by them though. I keep telling him that with his wonderful laid back personality that he could be an orangie too.;)

Great pictures of all of your orange cats in your "orange tree".;)
I'm sorry to hear that Radar is so sick.:(
Maybe Pearl sensed something was wrong with him and that is why she hissed at him.
She and Ziggy may also be feeling overwhelmed by all the new orange cats in your home, sometimes it takes a while for cats to get used to just one new kitten.
Please give some hugs and kisses to all of your cats for me.:love:
Maybe. Well I've almost had Alani & Blaze in my home for 2 years and both girls still don't like them.:( I continue to put feliway/comfort zone plugins into 2 of my outlets so I hope that this is helping some. Hugs & kisses are being sent. Thanks.:)

momcat
07-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Hi Radar,
That really is a neat name! I was here with Meowmie checking in with my kitty pals when I saw that you don't feel good. I'm so sorry to hear that. It's important that you eat something and take a lot of drinks. But most of all, be sure to take your medicine, it will make you feel better. And I'd like you to remember what my Meowmie always tells me - the doctor is your friend and knows how to make you better.

There's going to be plans for another Catmobile trip coming up soon and all of us would love for you and your fursibs to come. So hurry up and get better, okay?

Sending you lots of get well soon purrs and headbumpies!

Your friend,
Groucho

chocolatepuppy
07-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers headed out to Radar. Get all better little guy.

katladyd
07-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Dear, precious, Radar, I hope you feel better very quickly and get back to eating and drinking on your own...and playing with all your fursibs!:love::love:

mrspunkysmom
07-14-2012, 10:27 PM
I hope Radar starts improving and feels better. It's no fun feeling sick. :( Hopefully you won't have to take him in Monday. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2012, 03:05 AM
Radar slept most of the day but he finally started eating more dry food on his own at 8pm and again around 11:30pm.:D He took his medicine at 10pm and was a very cooperative little boy. Then a bit later around 11pm I couldn't find him because he had finally left his cat cube. He was sitting in the hall and he looked so much better.:) I picked him up and he didn't feel as warm as he had before so I'm sure that his temp. has gone down. During his 11:30pm feeding he also wanted to eat some canned food but he couldn't finish it all. I think his stomach must've shrunk a bit from being sick but I'm sure in a few days he'll be eating normally again. Reece tried to jump on him to play with him and he just stood there. I don't think he feels good enough to play just yet. I've noticed that Finnegan has really been missing him because Radar's a little bigger than Reece & Rory so he's much easier to play with. The other two scream a lot because Finnegan is too rough with them. Rory's right eye still looks bad and he keeps having white goopies coming out of it. I sure hope that it won't get worse and that he won't break out with an URI.:( If he does my vet will see any sick kitten tomorrow at 11:30am and I also still have an appt. with her on Tues. at 8am so hopefully if it's going to happen it'll happen within the next few days. Thanks again for all of the prayers and positive thoughts.:) By the way I think that Radar will grow into a large cat because he's not quite 4 months old yet and he already weighs 5.28lbs. He probably usually weighs more than this because this was from Fri. when all he ate was a tiny amount of canned food all day. Finnegan at 8 months old only weighed about 6.6lbs but I think he's grown a bit and weighs a bit more now.

Bengalz
07-15-2012, 09:24 AM
I so glad Radar is feeling better - please give him a big hug for me :love:. Keeping my fingers crossed that the others don't get sick with this URI and that soon your krew will be happy and healthy:D.

katladyd
07-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Thank you for the update, kak! This was the first post I went to when I logged on this morning. I am so happy Radar feels better. It is just awful when one of our furbabies is sick!

mrspunkysmom
07-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Glad to hear he is feeling better. I was worried about you getting him into the vet, but I can see you prevailed. I hope he continues to improve. and the rest, too.

Good health prayers for you and the gang.

Taz_Zoee
07-15-2012, 11:41 AM
So glad Radar is feeling better and I hope he continues to improve. And I hope Rory's eye doesn't get any worse either.

Good healing thoughts coming from the East Bay! :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks so much everyone.:) This morning Radar was crying for his breakfast.:D All three kittens ate their dry and had some canned too. Radar still doesn't want to play with the others just yet but I did see him playing with the ball that's attached to his cat cube. Rory's eye looks a bit better so I hope in time that it'll clear up. So far Reece is still very healthy and he's so full of energy too. I got a call from my vet hospital this morning and they told me that my vet wouldn't be in on Tues. morning so they rescheduled me for Sun. July 22nd at 3:30pm just in case I need it. By then both Radar & Rory should be done with their all of their meds so I'll be able to see if they're fully recovered. Before all of this happened I had scheduled them for health exams on Sun. Aug. 5th at 2pm. Hopefully they won't need to be seen before Aug. 5th. Thanks again.:)

chocolatepuppy
07-15-2012, 08:14 PM
That's great news!:D Hopefully all the little kittens will be all better soon.

smokey the elder
07-16-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm glad Radar's on the mend!

cassiesmom
07-18-2012, 12:14 PM
I am just checking in for an update, and I'm glad Radar is better! What a terrific vet's office, to let you know they are cancelling your appointment but rescheduling you in the same call! Big prayers that everyone will remain healthy :love:

snakemama
07-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Yay, I'm so glad that he's still improving!!

mrspunkysmom
07-18-2012, 11:34 PM
So how is everybody doing? I hope Radar is still improving. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Thanks for asking. Yes, I'd say that he's now back to normal. He eating and drinking well and running around and playing again too.:) He's almost finished with his medicine. Tonight was the last dose of eye drops so I also hope that Rory's right eye will finally be cleared up. I'm hoping not to need to use the vet scheduled appt. on Sun. I wanted to be able to bring in all 3 kittens together for a multi-pet discount in early Aug. when they're a bit older.:)

Barbara
07-19-2012, 09:08 AM
I am so glad that I am seeing this now that poor little Radar is better. These pics are wonderful: such a great decoration in the room- a tree with so many color matching kitties:)
I am sure Reece has some Aby in him- the ticked fur tells it all ;)

catmandu
07-19-2012, 09:21 AM
All of our Orange Angels led by Michael :love: are with Rdadr now, helping him get better:love:
We are sending all of our prayers that Radar is better soon:love::love:

cassiesmom
07-21-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm glad Radar seems to be back to himself, and I hope Rory's eye looks better too! Thinking of all the kitties at Radar and Rory's house today :love: x11 !!

krazyaboutkatz
07-21-2012, 07:16 PM
I am so glad that I am seeing this now that poor little Radar is better. These pics are wonderful: such a great decoration in the room- a tree with so many color matching kitties:)
I am sure Reece has some Aby in him- the ticked fur tells it all ;)

Thanks Barbara. Radar continues to do well. He almost done with his antibiotics. This is the reason I had to also adopt Reece the following day. He reminds me of my RB Sunny only in a slightly different color. He's also a monkey cat and is full of energy.:)

I'm glad Radar seems to be back to himself, and I hope Rory's eye looks better too! Thinking of all the kitties at Radar and Rory's house today :love: x11 !!

Thanks Elyse. Yes, Radar continues to do well. Unfortunately Rory's right eye is still extra sensitive and squinty.:( When I got home Thurs. night, Reece's right eye was very teary and he had clear liquid running down his face. It still continues to be clear and runny.:( I'll be taking both Rory & Reece to my vet tomorrow for their 3:30pm appt. I e-mailed my vet to make sure that I could bring in both cats since I know she's usually overbooked. She said I could as long as I get there early. I'll get there by 3pm. I also told her that Rory's already been on 2 different eye drops for a week each so I don't know what she'll end up recommending. I hope that everything will go well. Radar is lucky that he's doing well so he gets to stay home.:)

cassiesmom
07-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Oh, three kittens, I hope you all are on the mend now! Kisses to everybody from me :love:!

mrspunkysmom
07-25-2012, 01:01 AM
I hope all are continuing to improve and that no one else, cat or human, gets sick!

krazyaboutkatz
07-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks Elyse & Anne.:) I took both Reece & Rory to see my vet on Sunday. By then both of their eyes were goopie. Their temps were normal and they're still eating, drinking, and playing. Since the meds before seemed to only irritate Rory's eyes, my vet said to just use a moisterizing eye drop like refresh tears. They only have mild URI's and she also said that antibiotics wouldn't help because it's a virus not an infection. They're already fully vaccinated so we just have to let it run it's course. I'm also applying a warm compress several times a day to help to clean the gunk out of their eyes. They seem to be looking a bit better.

Radar is still on his antibiotics and it's been causing him to have diarrhea.:( Some times he steps in it and then gets it all over himself.:( I think he has one or two days left on the medicine so I hope that soon after he stops that he'll get back to normal again. My vet also said that he most likely started out with a URI and then some how developed a secondary bacterial infection. This morning Sky's right eye is very squinty & goopy.:( He's been hanging out with the kittens too much. So far the rest of my cats are fine. I hope that all of this will clear up quickly.

phesina
07-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Here's hoping and praying that all your babies' eye troubles are over soon and they are back to normal. They are all so lucky to have such a good Meowmie who takes such good care of them!