PDA

View Full Version : Stray Cats Seeking a Home - Person who was Feeding them has Stopped Feeding them Urgent Help Needed

Anikaca77
07-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Location: Centre County, PA - I'm willing to help transport too!!

I’m posting this up to see if anyone is willing to help lend a hand or a home. I was informed about these cats last year around summer time and I went to check out the situation and there was a wonderful lady who was coming by about once a month or so to trap the cats that were loose and TNR (trap, neuter, release) because this lady and her son were feeding the cats.

I stopped by their house to check on the cats and her son informed me that he stopped feeding the cats 3 weeks ago because they keep going under his trailer and he can’t afford to replace the siding of the trailer. I asked him if food was provided if he would feed them, he said no.

I’m asking for anyone who has an extra room in their place to open it up to one of these sweet cats. Even if you just want to foster them that would be wonderful. They will be wonderful pets with some extra love and care. They are all fixed, except 1 female, which I can get her fixed.

I asked the guy if it was okay if I fed them a little bit of food and he said it was fine, the cats were meowing at me and wanting food so bad, I felt terrible for them.

There is approximately 15 cats that need a home. Here is a little information on the ones that I saw last night.

Females (6 so far):
2 - calicos (dark calico and grey mix calico) (young adults)
1 - Fluffy – long hair white and grey tiger (old kitty)
1 - Tiny kitten (tiger with calico markings)
2 – Long hair Torties (beautiful) (young adults)

Males (2 so far):
1 - Orange and white tiger
1 – Orange tiger

These cats deserve a chance to live a happy life. I'm going out there tonight to try to trap the tiny kitten because it doesn't have a tail and I'm not sure if it was born that way or not and it needs to be vet checked, so does Fluffy the old one with matted fur but I just don't have the extra room for both right now. If you are able to take in 1 cat, please let me know by sending me an e-mail at [email protected]

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

phesina
07-12-2012, 01:43 PM
Melissa, where are these cats located?

Anikaca77
07-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Just added the location to the top! Centre County, PA! Thanks!

catmandu
07-13-2012, 09:33 AM
We are praying that someone can help these Poor Cats!!!
I have at least Four Cats feeding here and I wonder what would happen if something happened to me!!!!
:cool::cool::cool:

Catty1
07-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Any progress, Melissa?

Anikaca77
07-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Hi All-

2 UPDATES SEE BELOW PLEASE! I CAUGHT the KITTEN with my HANDS!!

*UPDATE - URGENT CHIPIN HELP* *Possible Rectal Prolapse - Clear Discharge Coming from Anus - a little red protursion* Won't eat well, vet appt. set for 12:30 p.m today - Monday!

Please donate if you can. She is a sweet little girl and we are very worried about her.

The vet appt. alone will be $45, combo test is $30, they will need to check her fecal as well and depending if they do a smear and a float that will be about $40, if she has a prolapse, I'm not sure if she will need surgery or not to fix it.

She still has fleas, I gave her a bath in dawn and that removed some but not all and for flea medicine if she can have it will be $30. We are looking at around $145 not with medication or surgery if needed.

We are super worried about her and she hasn't been eating well for us, she eats when we are siting with her but she doesn't touch her food otherwise.

I've gone out and purchased a bunch of different canned foods but she is not interested in any of them. She will eat a little dry food when we are siting with her.

Chipin Page for Tiny Kitten & Millheim Cats

http://newringgold.chipin.com/millheim-stray-cat-colony

*UPDATE 7/13/12* I was able to get this tiny kitten tonight!!! I grabbed her while she was trying to eat....she could have cared less about my traps that I had set up in 3 spots! Anyway she is resting now and has plenty of kitten food, canned food, water. She does have some yellow eye discharge and we are going to take her to the vets on Monday, poor thing is so skinny*