PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Summer Cat-Olympics

cassiesmom
07-09-2012, 11:48 PM
The 2006 Winter Cat-olympics Are Just A Matter Of Weeks Away!

From Beautiful Torino, Italy-some Of The Events Scheduled Are

Cold Weather Cat Piling.
Synchronized Sleeping.
Kitchen Floor/milk Ring Hockey
Tile Floor Speed Skating (team And Individual Events) And
Lap Curling.

The Events Are Open To All Cat-estants And All Nationalities.

Please Prepare Your Kids To Enter!

Thank You,

2006 Cat-olympic Organizing Committee.

Are there summer games?

catmandu
07-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Is there a Whiskas Temptation Eating Event, a Chinese Fire Drill Mouse Chase and a everyone race to the same dish event, even though thereare three dishes excatly the same!!
:cool::cool:
If so I know some Found Hotel Cats who could take home the Gold:cool::cool::cool:

Randi
07-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Fister joined the 2006 winter Olympics, but he is now a senior and not in the best athletic form, so I wonder what he would like to join. If there's a shouting contest, I'm pretty sure he has a good chance of winning. He tells me he is open for suggestions, though. :D

Of course, I could enter Borgeoise who I will be visiting soon. She is only 8 months old and extremely active. :eek:

This is Fister's entrance from 2006:

katladyd
07-10-2012, 12:17 PM
Kimba would definitely medal in the "High Jump from the Bookcase" event. Ming would do very well in "Couch Sleeping", and Mac would be a sure thing in the "50 Foot Dash to the Food Dish". :D

cassiesmom
07-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Kimba would definitely medal in the "High Jump from the Bookcase" event. Ming would do very well in "Couch Sleeping", and Mac would be a sure thing in the "50 Foot Dash to the Food Dish". :D

Cassie would like to join Ming in the couch sleeping event. Or the under-the-couch sleeping event.

happylabs
07-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Buddy and Mama will most likely enter the cat boxing and/or cat wrestling.

Cat Badminton using a paw and a catnip mouse would be fun.

All 3 of mine would be good at the Ribbon Curl

and I suppose in addition to the synchronized sleeping, we should also have synchronized purring?

momcat
07-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Considering some of the positions Groucho manages to get himself into, he definitely would be a contender in the kitty gymnastics events - both awake and sound asleep.

mrspunkysmom
07-10-2012, 10:35 PM
How about these for events:

Bath tub stopper hockey (you can substitute milk rings or bottle caps for the stopper)
Bath tub paw skating. Is real fun with ceramic coated tubs.

Best Box as a bed. Requirements are 1) no space left over and 2) no more than 10% of body overhang (0% is preferable)

Laser Bug chase - that cat must chase and not give up. Longest time requirements

DJFyrewolf36
07-11-2012, 04:33 AM
Spook is entering the insect hunting competition this year. She is in top form and practicing every day! :rolleyes: :D

dehlers43
07-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Franklin has been working hard to make the Vocalized Begging and Twist Tie Fetching Teams.
Chelsea is perfecting her choreographed bird watching routine and has added some lovely but difficult back-arching and tail-swishing elements.

happylabs
07-11-2012, 12:49 PM

Bath tub stopper hockey (you can substitute milk rings or bottle caps for the stopper)

Best Box as a bed. Requirements are 1) no space left over and 2) no more than 10% of body overhang (0% is preferable)

Laser Bug chase - that cat must chase and not give up. Longest time requirements

Spook is entering the insect hunting competition this year. She is in top form and practicing every day! :rolleyes: :D

Love all of these!

I think Tink would win in the bug hunting. She is relentless and does not give up long after the other two cats have gone to bed. I have seen her stare at the ceiling for very long periods of time!

astrid
07-11-2012, 03:57 PM

Sophie is practicing Best Box as a Bed so hard! She wants the gold medal BADLY!

mrspunkysmom
07-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Sophie is practicing Best Box as a Bed so hard! She wants the gold medal BADLY!

Number 3 is a winner!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-16-2012, 06:50 AM
My girls are busy making up their minds about where to participate...!

Inka is doing lots of streching, she wants to be in an excellent shape!! You can see the beach on the background!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/OL1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/OL2.jpg
more stretching:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/OL4.jpg

Inka is also entering in the "Sleep on your human"-event
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/OL3.jpg

Maya wants to carry the Belgian flag! So she is trying to hold her tail as straight up as possible!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/flag.jpg

Snoopy is interested in the Soft bed sleeping event!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/bed10-1.jpg
she also want to win the gold for yoga!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/snoop-3.jpg
Snoopy also says she has the perfect outfit for our Belgian catletes
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/a1-6.jpg

Zazou hasn't made up her mind yet....

RICHARD
07-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Let's do it!

RICHARD
07-16-2012, 05:31 PM
I call upon all the cats of the world to assemble
in London on July 27th for the games of the 2012 Cat Olympics..

These Games are open to all cats, from every corner of the globe.

They will be a showcase of the best, the fastest, most talented felines of our times.

The only change for these Games is the Olympic slogan.......

Higher, Faster, Sleepier.

-Pierre Cat-bertain

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-17-2012, 06:10 AM
My girls will be there Richard!!
They have to show the cats of the world that Belgium is a super country for catsports!! They wanna win at least a few medals!!!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-17-2012, 06:18 AM
Maya also wants to participate in the elevator-butt-event!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/elevator-butt1.jpg

RICHARD
07-20-2012, 04:17 PM
One week to go........

The participants have been arriving at Heathrow and the Olypmic Village.

------------------------------

Some of the Beach Events will be held at a special indoor facility.

Spectators are asked to bring their own scoopers!:D

cassiesmom
07-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Cassie would like to join Snoopy and Ming in the sleeping events. We think that precious Snoopy will take the gold! Cassie demonstrates her favorite spot, on the love seat, on the cushion sent by Auntie Helene (lvpets2002).
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u164/kchuk7/001-3.jpg

Edited to say- I have tried twice to re-size the picture so it is the same size as the photo of Maya in #18. I am not sure why Photobucket didn't save the changes. I'm sorry it is so huge!

RICHARD
07-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Thye physical events will take place the first week of the games.

Sleeping events will take place during the second week after all their energy has been used up.;)

RICHARD
07-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Two more days before the start of the Games...........

Hockey, Gymnastics (stretching/elevator butt/ribbon chasing) Soccer, Laser Chasing are on the agenda!

happylabs
07-26-2012, 12:25 PM
My girls are busy making up their minds about where to participate...!

Inka is also entering in the "Sleep on your human"-event
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/OL3.jpg

Great pics! Love the sleep on your human event. :love:

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Great pics! Love the sleep on your human event. :love:

Thanks!! I was fast asleep when my hubby took this picture!! And Inka, she loved it all :);)

cassiesmom
07-26-2012, 03:25 PM
I am very impressed by Sophie's, Snoopy's and Inka's entries in the sleeping events! They are so sweet! :love: Sophie, Snoopy and Inka, sweety girls! Maya's purr-fect elevator-butt form gives me a huge smile ==> :D Cassie isn't too concerned about receiving a medal because she is busy... sleeping.

RICHARD
07-26-2012, 04:33 PM

pomtzu
07-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Pepper is overwhelmed with all of the various events, and decided to lay on the sidelines and just contemplate which ones she might decide to compete in.54315

catmandu
07-27-2012, 09:23 AM
:love::love:
I bet that My Mikey Fuffy Tail would win the Olympic Whiskas Temptation Race, he is running at the speed of sound when he hears that shake, shake shake.:love::love:

astrid
07-27-2012, 12:34 PM
:love::love:
I bet that My Mikey Fuffy Tail would win the Olympic Whiskas Temptation Race, he is running at the speed of sound when he hears that shake, shake shake.:love::love:

OMG! Sophie will compete on that race too!
Also, on the Tuna Eating Contest..

cassiesmom
07-27-2012, 11:23 PM
I found this thread from the 2004 Cat-Olympics in the Olympics Poll discussion!!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?55679-Lily-is-ready-for-the-Olympics!!-Who-wants-to-join-her&highlight=2004+olympics

astrid
07-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Look what I got my e-mail! :D:D

RICHARD
07-29-2012, 11:22 AM
The prelims in Nipping, String chasing and temptation begging have been held.

This judge was awoken at 4:30 this morning for a training session for the Temptations begging.

The LFOOC (the El Fook-London Feline Olympic Organizing Committee) has loosened the rule regarding Catnip for the games....:)

RICHARD
07-31-2012, 07:24 AM
The qualifying rounds for the laser pen chase were postphoned due to the human who didn't get new batteries for the competition.

--------------------------

The Olympic Village is packed with many catestants looking to swap different packages and flavors of Temptations.

--------------------------

The prelims for milk top hockey are tonight.

happylabs
07-31-2012, 07:59 AM
Cat napping seems to be a big event for today.

RICHARD
08-02-2012, 12:35 PM
And there's a gold medal for tossing up hairballs..........

Ed D. Katz, USA! For tossing up a great multicolored puddle in the hallway!

Pinot's Mom
08-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Pinot has been competing in the water sports; artistic wizzing. She got a perfect score for her arc.

mrspunkysmom
08-02-2012, 09:43 PM
I'll have to get up to speed on posting our success in the Spunky Olympiad. But in the meantime, I have a photo that Ramanth liked and it showed on my wall.

enjoy! I wish it would show full size and not as a thumbnail.

Kirsten
08-03-2012, 04:31 AM
I'll have to get up to speed on posting our success in the Spunky Olympiad. But in the meantime, I have a photo that Ramanth liked and it showed on my wall.

Hilarious! :)

Luna and Lily, btw, were very successful in the 2004 Cat-Olympics, I think they're still holding the record in synchro-sleeping; but they're seniors now and have retired. Also, most likely Lily would be disqualified due to the extensive use of prohibited substances, namely catnip... ;)

astrid
08-03-2012, 10:14 AM

Love it!
I had to post it on my wall too:)

Don Juan's mom
08-04-2012, 06:31 PM
My step-kitty Remy is working on her gold medal routine for The Great Escape. Two nights ago, she managed to 1) push open the (unlocked) deck door; 2) pull open the screen; 3) leap/scramble her way up the post to the roof and 4) dash downstairs to visit with the neighbors.

We're thinking of nominating her for "My Cat From Hell."

cassiesmom
08-04-2012, 11:52 PM
I'm thinking that maybe Cassie should be a participant in the Claw Clipping Wiggle-Gymnastics event. She lets me clip her right back claws, but gets all squirmy when I try to do the left!

(Seriously: She was front-paw declawed when I adopted her. As part of adoption I agreed that I would not have her back paws declawed. She used to get rid of them really well on her own by running kitty sprints, but as her age slows her down and she doesn't sprint, she needs the occasional pedicure.)