PDA

View Full Version : Pinot is an elevator butt kitty...

Pinot's Mom
07-09-2012, 09:55 PM
...but probably not in the way you're thinking. ;)

This does not have to do with scratching the base of her tail. This has to do with the fact that she has no clue how to potty downward! She's now five - we've been dealing with this for the duration - I've heard various pieces of advice along the way, but she's a 'special case'. When she goes potty, as she does so, her rear end raises up and the spray goes straight outward. We are actually about to have a special enclosure made to encase three sides of her litter area. We have reached the end of options.

Where the heck did this behaviour come from??!!:rolleyes:

Bengalz
07-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Mom - Pinot is a very special girl:D:love: and as such, she has her own "special" ways to do things;). And ... she's a CAT!

Seriously I have no idea about this and sympathize with you on the clean up. However, as long as she is a healthy, happy girl I'd say let her do her own thing. Eve has to have company (usually) to go potty:rolleyes: and it's mom who takes her to her powder room:D. We have a little chat and things get taken care of, her way. I have never known a cat so fastidious ... she spends endless energy (and time) digging the biggest holes and then, an inordinate amount of time covering everything up!! Often she goes back to her box 2 or 3 times just to do the coverup! I usually clean her box immediately to prevent her OCD behaviour. It's bizarre but that's our Eve!

You could only imagine the discussions these two little girls would have if they shared a powder room:p:D :love::love:. Oh to be a fly on the wall ...

Edwina's Secretary
07-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Mom - Pinot is a very special girl:D:love: and as such, she has her own "special" ways to do things;). And ... she's a CAT!

Seriously I have no idea about this and sympathize with you on the clean up. However, as long as she is a healthy, happy girl I'd say let her do her own thing. Eve has to have company (usually) to go potty:rolleyes: and it's mom who takes her to her powder room:D. We have a little chat and things get taken care of, her way. I have never known a cat so fastidious ... she spends endless energy (and time) digging the biggest holes and then, an inordinate amount of time covering everything up!! Often she goes back to her box 2 or 3 times just to do the coverup! I usually clean her box immediately to prevent her OCD behaviour. It's bizarre but that's our Eve!

You could only imagine the discussions these two little girls would have if they shared a powder room:p:D :love::love:. Oh to be a fly on the wall ...

What does she do if you (or anyone!) are not home? Does she "hold it?"

krazyaboutkatz
07-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Here I was expecting to see a cute picture of Pinot doing the elevator butt pose. I'm sorry to hear that she's causing these potty problems.:( My RB Sunny used to spray the hooded part of the covered litter boxes with pee but luckily he was okay with the uncovered ones. I just had to put some doggie pee pads behind the litter box to help catch any pee residue and then when I cleaned the box I had to spray it with an enzyme cleaner and I found that Zero Odor worked best for urine odors. I hope you'll be able to resolve this problem soon. Good luck.:)

In case someone here doesn't know what the elevator pose is, I'll attach a picture of Sky doing it.;)

Bengalz
07-09-2012, 11:37 PM
What does she do if you (or anyone!) are not home? Does she "hold it?"

Great question! She uses her litter box normally when we're not home but she prefers to have mom around to talk to ;). I don't quite get why this happens but am happy to accommodate my little diva:D.

smokey the elder
07-10-2012, 08:53 AM
I had a CH cat, Diva (RB) who would meow at me to help her stay put while she did her business! Unfortunately, current CH cat Spike can do #1 OK, but #2 ends up in a trail starting at the litter box. :p

catmandu
07-10-2012, 09:25 AM
A few of My New Found Hotel Cats try to use the litterbox by remote control. not always the most successful approach.
Thank God I have cardboard around the box:love::love:

Freedom
07-10-2012, 09:46 AM
The demo photo is so cute, I did know the 'elevator butt' position, but nice to see the demo!

So Maggie, what do you do for Pinot? Boxes with hoods, to contain this? Why did that not work and a special enclosure has to be made? I was thinking, if you lined the sides of the 'hood' with pee pads, clean up would be, well maybe not easier but different? What are your plans?

Pinot's Mom
07-10-2012, 08:45 PM
Sandie, Pinot does not 'do' enclosed boxes, or high sides, or.....well you get it. We're actually lining the area around her box with plexiglas. We did that in one area and it worked, so it seems the best option.

mrspunkysmom
07-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Sandie, Pinot does not 'do' enclosed boxes, or high sides, or.....well you get it. We're actually lining the area around her box with plexiglas. We did that in one area and it worked, so it seems the best option.

I have the same issue with Spunky. I've been told he is a sprayer.

I have resorted to placing a rug under the litter area. It's in a corner. Against the walls are cut "bathroom wall" board sitting on the edges of the boxes. If Spunky aims, it is usually at the wall, so it catches it and drips into the box. So I spray OUT on the boards to clean them and it is much better. I'll have to try Zero Odor.

Other solutions did not work. He aims HIGH! He's a little booger but I do love him.

Freedom
07-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks Maggie. Photo would be appreciated, if / when you have time!