PDA

View Full Version : A Midsummer Heat Carol

catnapper
07-08-2012, 09:15 AM
There was a major heat wave and all the kitties in town were melting away on the spots they sat. They slept and remained still all day long. They didn't want to eat during the day. They hid in the coolest spots of the house. As the temperature fell in the evening, they became more lively and their hunger kicked in. They asked the humans of the household for food. The humans told them they had their nightly meal and would not be getting anything more til morning.

Thusly, the lady of the house was visited by 3 ghosts of Midsummer Heat.

The first ghost arrived promptly on the stroke of midnight. The lady was sound asleep, content in her bed, with her own belly filled with the fresh fruits of summer (and ice cream). The first ghost was the Ghost of Midsummer Heat Past. She gently pressed her furry head into the sleeping face of the lady. The pressing became bumping, which turned into soft paws smacking lips, nose, etc. The Ghost spoke of all the midnight feedings the lady gave the kitties in the past. She talked about how generous and happy she was. The lady still would not leave her bed and the Ghost warned a second ghost would visit within the hour.

The second ghost arrived thrity minutes later. She was LOUD and WAS going to be heard. She was the Ghost of Midsummer Heat Present. She just meowed and cried and begged to be petted -- and fed. She listed the dire needs of her fellow felines... and their hunger from not having eaten all day while the heat raged. The lady again ignored this ghost. The lady was warned that another ghost would soon be visiting.

Within ten minutes, Ghost #3 emerged. This ominous ghost was the Ghost of Midsummer Heat Future. He was 20 pounds, and sat on her stomach and made happy feet on her bladder. He didn't say anything, just made kneeding motions that massaged a very full bladder.

Ok, ok.... i'm UP! I will feed you guys!

The lady fed her kitties, and fell back asleep listening to 7 kitties happily crunching on food. She learned her lesson and is keeping her kitties well fed in the evening since they are not eating during the day. She is also putting bowls of water out for the neighborhood kitties outside.

Merry Heat Wave to all and to All a Good Night~

Karen
07-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Awww, I understand, kitties! :)

Laura's Babies
07-08-2012, 01:43 PM
OMG!! I have laughed SO hard at this!! This was GREAT!!!!!!! THANKS!!!

kitten645
07-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Fantastic!

mrspunkysmom
07-08-2012, 09:11 PM
LOL :D Oh I so understand!

You wrote this yourself! Nice job!

Spunky knocks my computer when he wants food. He usually speaks for the others. I swear they work in tandem.

krazyaboutkatz
07-08-2012, 09:38 PM
I enjoyed reading this but I don't think that I would've enjoyed being woken up by 3 kitties in the wee hours.;)

catnapper
07-09-2012, 08:48 AM
I enjoyed reading this but I don't think that I would've enjoyed being woken up by 3 kitties in the wee hours.;)

Trust me, I wasn't happy. We had house guests at the time too, so they were even hungrier since they were hiding from the big bad guests :rolleyes:

I had a migraine all day yesterday because of their hunger and guests - I get migraines from lack of proper sleep. I fell asleep with Cameron squished between my husband and me, with Pouncer squished between Cameron and me. So the lineup went: Hubby, Cameron, Pouncer, me all lined up in a row :D Mikey wanted to lay on me like usual but Pouncer kept grumping at him. Plus Callie at my feet and Trixie licking her ears, making Callie grump :p All I needed was a circus clown or two in the room to make the situation even more entertaining :eek:

I didn't sleep much until Cameron fell asleep and then we put him in a lounge chair. Ahhhhh... sleep! Noooo... Flutter wanted FOOD! :rolleyes:

PS: I wasn't sure who snores were cuter, Pouncer's or Cameron's ;)

lizbud
07-09-2012, 10:19 AM
OMG!! I have laughed SO hard at this!! This was GREAT!!!!!!! THANKS!!!

Me too.:D:D It's good to see you've kept your sense of humor through it all.:)

catmandu
07-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Mikey Fluffy Tail thinks that I am a 24 hour valet , and lands by my head at odd hours for food.
We are praying for All Of Our American Friends who are stuck in this heat with no electricity:eek:

Freedom
07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Anyone with cats can relate to this Midsummer Heat Carol -- and we didn't even get the unbearable heat!

Well written. enjoyed this very much. Hope you recover and sleep well. Thanks for writing and sharing this Tail / Tale.

momcat
07-10-2012, 09:34 PM
fantastic!!!