PDA

View Full Version : How HOT is it where you live?

chocolatepuppy
07-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Here in NE Ohio it's 97*F right now.:eek: You cannot breathe outside. Heat index is 103*F.:(

cassiesmom
07-07-2012, 01:11 PM
a) Too darn hot; b) 101F according to the thermometer on my neighbor's balcony. But it's supposed to be much cooler (high of 80F) tomorrow.

Randi
07-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Geesh, that's hot, and if it's humid too, it must be unbearable. :( I'm quite content with temps below 25C. This is our weather at the moment:

http://www.dmi.dk/eng/index/forecasts.htm

pomtzu
07-07-2012, 01:44 PM
I just checked the weather channel, and at my zip code it's 104 with a heat index of 107. It might go a little higher before it starts to drop for the day.

Relief is in sight - in the 80's on Monday and all next week. :D

Lillycat
07-07-2012, 02:13 PM
.....just ck'd ....102 ..."feels like" is 107....tomorrow, 96....but who knows?.....during the week s/b middle/high 80's.....who knows that either.....always ends up higher.....we really need rain....

momoffuzzyfaces
07-07-2012, 02:19 PM
It's 104 again here today. I'm afraid to even look at the heat index. Supposed to cool down to 96 tomorrow though. :love:

Karen
07-07-2012, 02:24 PM
It is nt THAT hot now, it was 90 earlier, but it is unbelievably humid as well. Now it is 86 F and sprinkling a little, but feels like it could pour any second!

chocolatepuppy
07-07-2012, 02:58 PM
From the Weather Channel>

[Day Jul 7
Today's High was 99°F at 2:05pm when conditions were Cloudy]

It stormed, now it's nice and cool at 89* Won't stay this cool long , the sun is back!:rolleyes:

mrspunkysmom
07-07-2012, 03:18 PM
It is 93 degrees. According to Weather Eye, it feels like 109. Weather Bug says it feels like 99. ???? I checked a chart and the 99 would be correct for 44% humidity. This is not as bad as 2 weeks ago. Then it really did feel like it was 109 or higher!

krazyaboutkatz
07-07-2012, 03:31 PM
It's in the 80's and should reach a high of 85 today. I'm so glad that we usually don't get much humidity here because I don't have A/C. CA is supposed to get hotter throughout the week though while the East coast gets cooler. The inland areas will be in the 90's. Luckily it'll cool down at night so I can open things up and cool my place down. I hope that everyone will get some relief soon.

Catlady711
07-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Currently 103.0 feels like 107 I'm staying inside more now that it's summer than I did when it was winter!!:eek:

pomtzu
07-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Per the weather channel we topped out at 106 at 4:05. It's still that temp with the heat index of 111. We need rain - the grass is brown and crunchy underfoot!

Let it snow...................:p

chocolatepuppy
07-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Let it snow...................:p

Y-E-S :cool:

Back up to 96* here again!!!;)

david p
07-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I live in Butler, Pa, about 40 miles north of Pittsburgh and the high today was 98 degrees with a heat index of 105 degrees! Now it's "cooled down" to 90 with thunderstorms in the area. Much too hot for me to go out in. Thank goodness for air conditioning!!

cassiesmom
07-07-2012, 05:17 PM
a) Too darn hot; b) 101F according to the thermometer on my neighbor's balcony. But it's supposed to be much cooler (high of 80F) tomorrow.

I went out to Walgreens -- it's down to 84F! What a difference! The wind has shifted and it's now coming from north instead of the west.

lizbud
07-07-2012, 05:40 PM
It was 106 here this afternoon. You know it's hot when you have to use pot holders to
turn the doorknob and open the back door.:eek: It's supposed to be cooler next week.

pomtzu
07-07-2012, 06:08 PM
It's after 7 p.m. and still 103!!! ICK!!! But a week ago when that wicked storm roared thru, it was still in the 90's at midnight, so I guess this doesn't surprise me. There are storms just to the north right now, but not headed this way. I'd go outside and do a rain dance, but it's just too darn hot. :eek:

kuhio98
07-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Yahoo weather says it's 62 F/17 C. I'm not sure we're going to get summer this year. :(

RobiLee
07-07-2012, 09:07 PM
In my part of Ohio the high was 105. The current temp is 87. I HATE IT! I am SO ready for fall and winter. A storm is supposed to come through tonight and I'm hoping that drops the temp some more.

Edwina's Secretary
07-07-2012, 09:44 PM
It is 68F...but it did get up to 72F earlier!

Craftlady
07-07-2012, 10:16 PM
104 degrees was tops for us today. Storms coming in tomorrow afternoon will cool us down to mid 80's till Friday when it gets to 89 degrees.
Everything is so dry here. Fireworks were banned in our county this 4th of July. YEAH! Dogs were peaceful this holiday season :)

Catty1
07-07-2012, 10:17 PM
We had cool weather here in the west...but the scorching temps that plagued the East had moved our way. Woohoo...our first heat wave of the year! :eek:

It's going to be +31 to +32 C for the next couple of days, cooling down to +27 for the next several after that. The first two numbers = about 87 - 89 F. Not as hot as many of you...but there is some adjustment involved as we stayed cool for quite a while!

cassiesmom
07-07-2012, 10:38 PM
It's down to 74F! Yeah! That feels SOOOO much better! The humidity has increased slightly, 63%. The wind is definitely coming out of the north. Can I sleep outside tonight?

FeatheredMonkey
07-07-2012, 11:02 PM
I think we hit around 106*F today. Our humidity is up for Arizona, monsoon season!!

Jessika
07-08-2012, 01:25 AM
According to the news/weather channel, its been (on average) 102-105 here in St Louis... was 106 here today, with the highest being 108 in this heat wave... supposed to drop to 94 tomorrow... THANK GOODNESS! Cause my car's AC doesn't work and my boyfriend has been a gentlemen and driving me to work because a 35 minute one-way commute in a 110+ degree car is ridiculous!

chocolatepuppy
07-08-2012, 07:07 AM
Nice, cool weather predicted this week, the mids 80's!:D

pomtzu
07-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Still hot - mid 90's and humid for today (the 11/12th day straight of this heatwave), then tomorrow and the rest of the week is supposed to be mid/upper 80"s. It will be nice to walk out the door without feeling that someone threw a hot wet blanket on you, but it will be some time before the a.c. gets turned off - Sept at the earliest. Summer and the heat still has a long time to go yet. Still no rain forecast tho, other than "isolated showers". :(

chocolatepuppy
07-08-2012, 12:23 PM
No rain forcasted here either Ellie. Very dry here. It is nice to walk out the door and not feel like you walked into a wall!;)

Taz_Zoee
07-08-2012, 02:17 PM
I just took Taggart for a walk (let him run loose at the park....shhhh, don't tell:p) and it is only 72F here but it feels much hotter. This has been a mild summer so far. We are used to being in the 100's most of the time. So I'll take what we're getting right now! :D

Alysser
07-08-2012, 02:35 PM
I just came back from a trip down south and it was anywhere from 98-103 most days. Crowds, lines, plus heat - no thanks! My last trip south during mid-summer, that's for sure! Although it hasn't been much better here in good ol' NJ. I've always been one who prefers cold to heat, thanks to my old job, sooooo this isn't working for me. Alaska, here I come!

carole
07-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Gosh i have been seeing on the telly just how hot you guys are having it, it is awful,here i am on the other side of the world, cold today, jack frost has been out, and everything looks white, but the sun is out and it is going to be a glorious day here in NZ, hope it is NOT too hot today for everyone,keep cool.:)

moosmom
07-08-2012, 03:04 PM
While the humidity isn't as bad as yesterday or the day before, it's still hot. So much so that I didn't take UtchieB and Isis out for a stroll.

I don't know how the elderly or people with breathing problems handles this kind of air quality.

I also don't know how people in Florida deal with it all year long. Give me changes of seasons ANYDAY!

pomtzu
07-08-2012, 03:24 PM
It's 95 right now, but we did have a high of 98 at 2:05. Severe thunderstorm watch up till 10 p.m. but that won't bring enough rain to make any difference even if we do get any storms. We need several days of steady rain to do any good. At least it will be more normal temps next week - finally!!!

pomtzu
07-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Cut me a break - please!!!!! Right now it's 103 with the heat index of 108. It will probably go higher even, before it starts to drop for the day.

Randi
07-18-2012, 12:53 PM
We have just over 16C in Copenhagen and we haven't had much summer at all. When you cycle, you have to put a jacket on. However, it will be up to 22C over the weekend. :)

moosmom
07-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Severe thunderstorms coming here. It's getting dark and I hear thunder. The temp here is 93 with the humidity being unbearable!!! So much so that my little AC is pumping out cool air but it's not making a dent. My poor cats are spread out on my kitchen and bathroom floors where it's cool. Hopefully the storms will help cool it down.

caseysmom
07-18-2012, 01:41 PM
It has been really nice in northern california the last few days...mid 70's, we will be back up to norms by the weekend...

Karen
07-18-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm hearing rumbles for thunder now, and am looking forward to rain! It's been 90+ degrees and muggy all week.

Taz_Zoee
07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
I just took Taggart for a walk (let him run loose at the park....shhhh, don't tell:p) and it is only 72F here but it feels much hotter. This has been a mild summer so far. We are used to being in the 100's most of the time. So I'll take what we're getting right now! :D

The week after I made this post it was up in the 100's. This week is much cooler (almost even cold at night). Actually, yesterday morning it was so misty I had to turn on my wipers on my way to work. I just wish it would make up its mind. Such drastic changes in the weather are hard to handle.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Cut me a break - please!!!!! Right now it's 103 with the heat index of 108. It will probably go higher even, before it starts to drop for the day.

That's about what it is here too. Going to be hotter by Friday. At least 106 with no end in sight. (I stopped looking at the heat index. I frighten easily) Our weather person said at noon at least 7 more days of this, probably more. We are under heat advisories until at least Saturday night. He also said looks like we will have temps above normal through September. I sure hope he is wrong.
Roasting in Kansas!!! :love:

chocolatepuppy
07-18-2012, 04:16 PM
We had 97* yesterday and a cool 90* for a high today.:rolleyes: The humidity is the worst! I like to be able to breathe! We did get some rain this afternoon.

pomtzu
07-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Per The Weather Channel we topped out at 106 at 2:05 - don't know what the heat index was tho - other than oppressive! It's getting dark out and I can hear thunder in the distance - strong storm warnings are up till 9 p.m. Maybe we'll get a little rain...........

Glacier
07-18-2012, 04:51 PM
I wish it was hot, even warm would be good. I'd like to stop using my woodstove for at least a little while this year. It's just wrong to need a SAD lamp in July in the Land of the Midnight Sun! We had frost twice last week! Today it's about 58F, raining and cloudy again!

Karen
07-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Well, and hour or so ago it finally rained - poured as a matter of fact, and the back yard is flooded with just an island for the little tree and a circle underneath that rises up. I stood on the part of the back patio that is not underwater and tossed some seed out there, and within minutes there were twice as many birds as usually, crammed into 1/3 the space! It's been so dry we needed the rain, we're not as bad off as the places that are in drought but still, I was happy for the rain!

kitten645
07-18-2012, 11:49 PM
I am so very sorry for those suffering such heat. I wilt very easily with the slightest heat. Keep safe and cool everyone!

Cataholic
07-19-2012, 06:29 AM
We had 97* yesterday and a cool 90* for a high today.:rolleyes: The humidity is the worst! I like to be able to breathe! We did get some rain this afternoon.

We did get some nice rain! Truly, it isn't the heat that gets me, it is the high humidity! It has been weeks now of oppressive heat and heavy humidity. I can't believe I am saying this, but, I welcome the fall....

Bonny
07-19-2012, 07:19 AM
We got .9 inches of rain yesterday & .5 inches of rain last week. Here in the corn, bean & hay belt it is going to be interesting.

I watered my sweet corn with 5 gallon buckets once a day since the drought started & cobs have formed but most without nubbins so don't know what the heat has done to the field corn ear development? The markets are talking $8.00 a bushel corn in September which means higher prices at the grocery stores. The corn can be made into silage but with less food value for the farm animals.

They are comparing this to the drought 1936. Our last drought in this area was back in 1988. The 1988 drought started with hardly any rain in May & June. Then the skies opened with rain that August. We have clay ground here so it holds the moisture like a sponge. Those that have a more sandy ground end up with burned corn. The larger operators that farm thousands of acres took out Federal Crop insurance to cover their investment. Hail also hit not to far from our area yesterday so hopefully those farmers have hail insurance. Some of it was golf ball size large enough to take leaves off of all the plants.

The drought will also have a big affect on trees. Old & young trees are being stressed severely. We have been watering the younger trees & have to haul water to quince their thrust. The gardens aren't as bad off for some reason. A drink of water in the mornings has helped the vine plants, etc.

I have talked to people from all over the country. Texas has had a drought for over a year & a half. Illinois farmers are plowing up their fields & every thing is brown. Minnesota has had monsoon season so plenty of rain there.

It sounds like the heat will be sticking around for a while yet. Am looking forward to winter!!

Roxyluvsme13
07-20-2012, 12:01 AM
It's been raining cats and dogs here in East Tennessee, but it was 91 today. Lots of thunderstorms and lots of heat... our grass is growing like crazy!

smokey the elder
07-20-2012, 09:44 AM
We had a wicked thunderstorm Wed. after a high of 97F. It was much cooler yesterday, and we're having much-needed steady rain today.

RICHARD
07-20-2012, 11:11 AM
It's been pretty warm, but last night we had a STORM and a half yesterday evening.

I started the grill and boy, was that fun.

The lightning close and the lightning was loud, but the rain - as nice and cooling as it was?

It got so bad that I could not see the house across the street.

A bunch of lightning related problems too!:eek:

cloverfdx
07-23-2012, 07:38 AM
Right this minute it is 7.2C/ 44.96 ºF. I fear spring is on the way, the days are getting longer and it is not as cold :(.

sparks19
07-23-2012, 11:39 AM
It is a hot one here. Not as hot as some days have been but its about 85 with 70% humidity. We went to the park this morning but the sun was just too punishing.

So we are back home and hannah is in the bathtub with nice cool water painting with shaving cream that I mixed with food coloring lol

Catty1
07-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Big change today - heavy rain showers this morning along with thunder! That usually waits until the afternoon. Still, there were 4 for our walking group, even if we did have to stand under someone's garage eaves to wait out a heavy one. Then we all ducked under a tree some 20 minutes later (the thunder had not been heard for some time), and it teemed again in our last 10 minutes. However, it was fairly warm, even if cooler this morning than usual.

+15 this morning (59F) and going up to 18 (64.4F). It is a relief after the recent heat wave.

cassiesmom
07-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Right now (7 AM) it is 72, windy and raining. Cassie was meowing for her breakfast about 30 minutes ago and I think there might have been some hail falling.

chocolatepuppy
07-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Suppose to be around 90* next two days. When will this end?

pomtzu
07-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Today it was 96 with the heat index of 106. We aren't even getting any rain like everyone around us - just a few showers now and then. I get wiped out just walking outside for a few minutes............:(

Kirsten
07-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Well, it hasn't been hot in Germany so far; actually, we had a really bad summer with a lot of rain and dark clouds; it was so depressing. Yesterday was the first day that really felt like summer, with a blue sky, and it was also getting warmer. Today we had temps in the 90s, but no humidity so far, so it was bearable. In fact, I enjoyed it a lot.

Hope that some rain will soon come to all the areas that need it so badly!

pomtzu
07-25-2012, 08:48 AM
Woo-Hoo!!!! It's a glorious day today! Crystal clear blue sky with not a cloud to be seen anywhere - nice breeze blowing - highs forecast for upper 80's and NO humidity. My kind of weather. :D Tomorrow??? - back up in the high 90's and humid. :mad: Well, I suppose even one nice day is better than none...........

cassiesmom
07-27-2012, 11:28 PM
It's 70F out tonight (11:30 PM as I am typing this) with a bit of a breeze from the north. I still have the A/C on because the humidity is 75% and since I face the south, I'm not getting any of the breeze. Last night at this time I think it was still 90.

RICHARD
07-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Satan came by and asked for a tray of ice.

--------------------

The P.M. showers and t-storms have been awesome.

Scalisti
07-28-2012, 10:02 AM
I live in TX where it's actually abnormal for the temperature to not go above 100 in July. So, I have to put ice bottles outside for my outdoor bunnies. Right now, I think it's inthe upper 90's.

BTW, this is my second post... my last post was 11 years ago! LOL. I guess I forgot about this site all those years.

kaycountrygal
07-28-2012, 10:13 AM
It was 95 yesterday and has been around that for a week or so. As others have said, the heat is bad but the HUMIDITY makes it even worse. When I take the girls out for a walk, I break out in a sweat immediately and tell them to "hurry up, that mama has to get back to the a/c" LOL. Naturally that does not hurry them at all. Actually LilGirl loves to just lie down & stretch out in the full SUN and Sissy has a tiny attention span-like a gnat I think--& it just takes awhile for them to do their thing. Anyway I'll be glad for at least less humidity.

We had a bad thunderstorm and lots of wind on July 25, blew down trees in my goat lot (goats are ok), mannnny twigs & limbs all around the house & driveway, blew chairs and my swings over, blew part of grape arbor over, many trees down in our area, no power for 6 hrs. It's all fixed now for the most part. I'm thinking "snow" ;) Kay in central NC

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2012, 12:38 PM
We are still frying in my little corner of Kansas. 105 today and 108 tomorrow, then cools down to 103 for Monday. :(

cassiesmom
08-04-2012, 04:21 PM
86F right now, but the better news is that it's raining! Actually, it is a storm complete with lightning and thunder. But we have not had a real soaking rainfall for a good week, maybe longer. The only bad part to the storm is that there's a wedding at my church today, and I'm sure the bride and groom weren't expecting rain on the big day. Grrrr.

cassiesmom
08-20-2012, 12:24 AM
It's been a lovely weekend in Chicago. Sunny with highs in the mid-70s. I heard about wild fires in northern California, and I know there are some PTers who live there, so I am just hoping that everyone in the western part of the U.S. is okay and not affected by fires.

cloverfdx
08-24-2012, 10:35 AM
About 2c at the moment lol.