PDA

View Full Version : Boots the Hunter

Willow Oak
07-05-2012, 04:02 PM
I am not proud. I am ashamed. Boots, my long-time companion of 11 years has brought to me a ..., a present. He is a good cat. A good and loyal companion. He is a good hunter. Too good. The world is now minus one rabbit.

Karen
07-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Don't be too ashamed, all cats are hunters by nature, and he was just following his natural instincts. Rest in peace, little bunny, hopefully your siblings will stay out of Boots' way.

Randi
07-06-2012, 07:02 AM
An early Birthday present, eh! How thoughtful of him, but poor rabbit. I hope it wasn't the mother of baby rabbits.

I love that picture of Boots. :)

aTailOf2Kitties
07-06-2012, 07:03 AM
one of my former cats used to find and kill baby bunnies on occasion. To this day we never could figure out where they were coming from- we never ever saw any adults rabbits in the area.

Willow Oak
07-06-2012, 07:20 AM
An early Birthday present, eh! How thoughtful of him, but poor rabbit. I hope it wasn't the mother of baby rabbits.

I love that picture of Boots. :)

A baby rabbit.

Boots has always been impossible when it comes to cameras. This time I placed the camera on the bench in front of me, pointed in Boots' direction. What he is doing here is keeping a watchful eye in my direction to assure himself that I am not trying to take a picture! I tried nonchalantly to rest my hand in front of me, trusted that I had Boots in the frame, and pushed the button.

catmandu
07-06-2012, 09:39 AM
I will never forget the day when the Two Older Porch Cats ahd caught an Easter Bunny and there was Little Michael in for the kill!!!
:love::love:
It is sadly the nature of the Beast, even when they have lots of food.
:(:(

Don Juan's mom
07-08-2012, 05:03 PM
Boots was fulfilling his natural duty as a predator, eliminating one slow and stupid bunny from the gene pool. Hey, we never saw Bugs get turned into rabbit stew, did we!