PDA

View Full Version : The disappearing civic arena

bobsmom
07-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone. Haven't been on in a while. I feel like venting and my husband has heard enough.

Any hockey fans out there? Any Penguins fans. Anyone remember the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh? Well... my husband has been taking a picture of it now for 9+ months. He made a time lapse photographic video and posted it on Youtube. it seems to be going VIRAL. Getting calls from people, was on TV, getting picked up at all kinds of sites, comments from all over the world. All cool... EXCEPT that others are NOW ripping him off. They have simply copied his from the internet, and "re-posted it as their own". And they have monetized them (allowing ads to run) - making money off his original.

It really ticks me off, but he says, "So what". He's really not bothered by it. Am I just being overly sensitive??? It just seems so unethical. If you stumble upon it - make sure not to select these imposters!!! His is Daygraphics2012 (he used to be a member - BobsDad). The URL is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvHpOmD8Zlg.

Let me know if I am just being a baby.:mad:

Karen
07-05-2012, 01:22 AM
It is very hard to catch these people, but he can complain to YouTube and get the others taken down - of course they will probably repost it under some other username, but it might be worth it just to harass them, and maybe get them kicked out of YouTube for a bit.

Really cool video - he is a far more patient person than I!

david p
07-05-2012, 08:16 AM
Too bad they couldn't have used the Mellon Arena for another purpose instead of tearing it down. The higher ups didn't care about about history, just money. I'm orginally from Penn Hills and have been there many times. It was a shame to lose such a historic building.

bobsmom
07-05-2012, 10:05 PM
I gave up complaining. i guess that it is good that others are copying and reposting. it must be a form of flattery. Interestingly, it was on Sports illustrated today (as video of the day) and the Huffington Post. It keeps popping up lots of places.:p

bobsmom
07-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Remember... if you want to view it. View at the "REAL" site - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvHpOmD8Zlg

Karen
07-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Does the Huffington Post and the other places link to or credit his original?