PDA

View Full Version : He's home where he belongs...NEW PICTURES 7/15

moosmom
07-04-2012, 01:40 PM
I rehomed Spike about a month and a half ago.

The woman who took him had 3 BIG birds that did a LOT of screeching. They made my ringing ears ring more!! When I left him, he look at me like, "What did I do??????"

Well, I went to visit him today and was shocked by what I saw. He lost weight and hid. He was growling and hissing. I could tell he really wasn't happy. I told Mary I wanted to take him back and would gladly refund her adoption fee. Even Mary's boyfriend said he knew he wasn't happy. She agreed, but refused to take the money back.

So, Spike is back home. He's under my bed which I kinda figured would happen. Just for his own safety, I put up the baby gates in the doorway. They're now down. I came back and 4 of the cats had scaled the gates. He'll come out in his own time. Chobani Yogurt, his absolutely FAV didn't budge him! He used to come flying out of the bedroom when I opened the container.:(

I just feel awful that I put him through that. I'm on the verge of tears with guilt.:(:(

I promise I'll post pictures once he does come out of hiding and realizes he's not going anywhere.

katladyd
07-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Welcome home, Spike! You had no idea what would happen, so don't feel guilty. Spike will come out when he is ready to. Just reassure him that he is never leaving again. :love:

pomtzu
07-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Oh dear - how awful for poor Spike - but you had no way of knowing, Donna. Luckily you went to visit and got him out of an unhealthy environment. Hopefully he'll come back around soon, as soon as he realizes where he really is, and that he is in friendly territory again.

Catty1
07-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Donna, he knows his real mom! You didn't know what kind of home he would have. Give him extra cuddles for me, which I am sure you will be able to do soon.:):love:

phesina
07-04-2012, 03:30 PM
Oh,Donna. How heartbreaking. I know you did your best, and I wish I could help ease your feelings of guilt. You didn't know, and those people should have let you know things were going badly much earlier.

The important thing is that Spike is back HOME now, and he will know nothing but love and good care for the rest of his life. God bless you and him both.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and cats

Laura's Babies
07-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Poor baby! I am so sorry he went through that but now he is HOME!! I don't understand why the people didn't bring him back before it effected him that bad..

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Poor baby! I am so sorry he went through that but now he is HOME!! I don't understand why the people didn't bring him back before it effected him that bad..
I agree. I'm so glad that you decided to visit him and bring him back home with you again. I hope he'll begin to calm down soon and enjoy being in your home again. Good luck.:)

maerlyn
07-04-2012, 08:10 PM
We care so deeply about our furchildren that guilt is never far from the surface when things aren't quite right. You have no need to feel guilty; you did what seemed the best for Spike, and it's not your fault that it didn't work out. With all the love with which you're surrounding him, he *will* recover. And never forget that he doesn't and won't blame you, so please don't blame yourself.

issop
07-04-2012, 09:46 PM
kitty is safe with you.. thats the main things.. he feels he is back where he belongs but needs to adjst to everything all over again. please feel good . you did the right thing to take him back with you.. let bygones be bygones.. you love the kitty and thats what counts.. 20120704.1946

momoffuzzyfaces
07-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Thank goodness you went to visit him!!! Don't beat yourself up over this. You had no way of knowing what that home would be like. He's home where he belongs now. (((HUGS))) to you both. :love:

mrspunkysmom
07-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Donna, you did the right thing by doing a wellness check. Now he is back in a good place. The lady that adopted Bertie/Bella from me was checked out by a rescue group and submitted vet references. I kept track of her for a while.

Spike is NOW in good hands and I am sure you will figure it all out. Spike being home is what is important!

Spunky: Cheer up Spike, you are back home. Consider it an adventure! Love from Mr. Spunky and the rest of the crew!

PS. How does Yogurt taste?

cassiesmom
07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Oh, Spike! I know you will readjust with time and come running when you hear the yogurt container being opened. Meowmie is glad to have you back! (i am too:love:)

momcat
07-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Donna,
I know you well enough to say you have nothing to feel guilty about. Spike is probably a bit confused right now but with your love and patience he'll soon know he's not going anywhere. All he needs is the chance to get reaquainted with his fur (and non-fur) sibs, realize his home is still the same, and you love him beyond measure. Before you know it, he'll be bugging the daylights out of you for his yogurt.

Welcome home, Spike! You know where you're loved and you're there to stay :love: :love: :love: :love:

moosmom
07-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Spike came out around midnight. I got up with him to supervise and he was growling a lot. When I laid down on the floor to get closer to him, he ran back under the bed.

Rather than put he babygates back up, I've decided to close the bedroom door with the fan going while I'm gone. He'll be able to lay on the bed, in front of the window, whatever he wants to do to get adjusted.

The thing is when I brought Spike to Mary's house, I thought for sure he'd adjust to the noise. I think deep down inside, Mary knew it was best for him to come back. She called yesterday to see how he was doing and was so apologetic. It's not her fault. Her heart was in the right place.

Thanks for your support, everyone! I will keep you posted.

catmandu
07-05-2012, 09:19 AM
That is great that Spike is back home, and soon we know that he will be with his Cat Companions once more sharing his love.
As the great line in the Wizard of Oz went , theres no place like home:love::love:

cassiesmom
07-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Moosmom, I hope Spike is settling back in with you and had a good day today :love:

moosmom
07-06-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm in tears right now. Tears of joy that is!!

Look!!! He's back in his favorite spot, my bedroom window. 54124

I love this boy SOOOO much!!! Thank you all for your support. It means a lot to me.

:love: :love:

Donna and the rest of the fur crew

krazyaboutkatz
07-06-2012, 09:25 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:) I'm sure that in time he'll get back to his old self again.:)

cassiesmom
07-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Yay, Spike! You are such a handsome kitty guy! :)

Catty1
07-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Hello, gorgeous boy! :love: You are home and safe now...you'll be happy and snuggling with your buddies in no time!:D:love::love::love:

katladyd
07-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Way to go, Spike!:D

phesina
07-07-2012, 04:53 AM
Ohhhhhh..... so nice!!!!! Spike is HOME now!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
07-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Oh he's such a handsome fellow. Baby steps. he's re-acclimating to his old home! Soon this will be behind you! :love: :love: :love:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Yay!!! Spike!!! You are home where you belong now!!! Luvies from me and my cat gang!!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

momcat
07-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi Spike! It's great to see you back where you belong, with your one-and-only- furever Meowmie and all of your kitty sibs. You may be a bit confused right now with the recent changes in your life but you'll soon realize everything is as it should be in your furever home. Relax, settle in, and retake all of your favorite spots - they're all yours again! Sending you lots and lots and lots of lovies! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

cassiesmom
07-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Hi, Spike! How are you settling in? I hope you are still sitting in your window seat! *kiss*

smokey the elder
07-13-2012, 09:32 AM
What a handsome boy Spike is!

moosmom
07-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Everything is back to normal. He and I jockey for air from the box fan at night, him running out from under the bed when he hears me mixing my Chobani yogurt! Yup, like he's never left!!!:D:D:D:D

Catty1
07-14-2012, 12:33 PM
YAAY! His mind - and especially his heart - know he's HOME!:D:love::love:

Bengalz
07-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Lessons learned ... we should never underestimate a cat's intuitive sense of knowing where he belongs:love:. Well done Spike!!

phesina
07-14-2012, 03:37 PM
FABULOUS!!!!! HOME now, for good, dear Spike!

katladyd
07-14-2012, 07:43 PM
No matter how crowded it is, Spike loves his home...and YOU!:love: It don't get no better than that!

mrspunkysmom
07-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Everything is back to normal. He and I jockey for air from the box fan at night, him running out from under the bed when he hears me mixing my Chobani yogurt! Yup, like he's never left!!!:D:D:D:D

Oh that is catastic! He just had to get his bearings! Welcome home, Spiker Dude!

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2012, 02:48 AM

This is wonderful news!!!:D

moosmom
07-15-2012, 05:57 AM
This says it all!!!!

phesina
07-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Oh, my goodness.. how lovely!

Can't get much more at HOME than that, can you, Spike!

mrspunkysmom
07-15-2012, 12:41 PM
IS that UtchieB? So Spike is acting as his warmer again? Cat-tastic!

This says it all!!!!

Randi
07-15-2012, 01:28 PM
How wonderful! I'm so glad you followed up on him. Now, he is back with his friends and relaxing. :)

moosmom
07-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Mrspunkysmom,

Yup! That's the "Utchman" with his own personal bun warmer.

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2012, 04:55 PM
AWWWW!!! What a precious picture.:)