PDA

View Full Version : Catsitting Bourgeoise

Randi
07-01-2012, 01:26 PM
She’s a little calico girl, under a year old and extremely active! Her name is Bourgeoise, but I call her Beaujolais because I couldn’t remember her name, let alone pronounce it.

It’s my sixth day with her, I have another 4 days, then 8 days off and again 25 days split in two periods. Glad it’s only 10 min away on a bike.

I usually bring my lunch - sandwiches, so I can spend more time with her. She is very curious to see what I have, so up on the table she jumps - I’m getting used to it. LOL! Today, she went a step further. While I went back to the kitchen to get some pepper, she started opening my lunch packet, and I tell you, she will eat anything! She even started drinking out of my cup. It doesn’t matter if it’s milk or elderberry juice, but coffee she lets me keep for myself. To distract her, I went and got a little bowl with water and milk in, and I was left in peace while she drank that, However, a few minutes later, she had her huge tail dipped in my cup.

I brought some of Fister’s toys that he is not playing with and in the past few days, she has thoroughly enjoyed them all, almost shredded and killed three mice. Gosh, the energy she has!

She really is fun, but I’ve never seen a cat as active as her.

Will try to get some pictures soon.

momcat
07-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Oh Randi, she sounds wonderful! There's no question about it - the little ones have energy to spare. Your story about her going after your lunch brought back a memory about Groucho as a baby. I was getting my lunch together for work the next day and turned around to get something. Going back to lunch construction, Groucho was on the table with his head in the bag. The next day I had a lunch meeting at work. When I opened the bag there were 3 or 4 pieces of kitty kibble in with my stuff. My co-workers all commented on how sweet it was of him to share his food.

Sending lovies to Fister and the little one you're looking after :love: :love:

Randi
07-01-2012, 03:15 PM
LOLOL! That is SO funny - and nice co-workers who understand such things. :) I can just imagine what people would say in certain companies. :p

I will deliver your kisses to Bourgeoise an Fister. :love:

momcat
07-01-2012, 11:26 PM
LOLOL! That is SO funny - and nice co-workers who understand such things. :) I can just imagine what people would say in certain companies. :p

I will deliver your kisses to Bourgeoise an Fister. :love:

Where I work, we animal lovers are in a definite majority. We also have an animal friendly courtyard and frequently get some cute visitors. A year ago this past March, a mother cat gave birth to her 6 beautiful babies along a building in the courtyard. Two of my co-workers do animal rescue and they were right there to help mommycat and keep the babies safe. The kitty family was taken to Marci's house where they would be safe and warm while bonding then later were taken to the rescue Danni is connected with. All the babies and mommycat were adopted! Not much work got done that afternoon.

Barbara
07-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Hmmmm, this sounds as if she was Kiri's long lost sister. Can't wait to see pictures;)

phesina
07-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Bourgeoise sounds adorable, and you're clearly having a wonderful time and doing a wonderful job taking care of her, Randi.

Well done, Randi and Bourgeoise (and Fister too)!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

catmandu
07-03-2012, 09:59 AM
That sounds as though Bourgeoise is quite a Kitten, and who knows , amybe she and Fister will hit it off and bring some spark to your Owesome Orange Man.:love::love::love:

Randi
08-19-2013, 11:52 AM
I’ve been visiting Bourgeoise for a month again, her family took a vacation. She’s a sweet girl, one year old and easy to look after. :) This time, I brought Fister’s PetMate, a piece of sisal carpet she used for scrathing, and a tunnel. What she loves the most, though, is to play with a string (two shoe laces tied together), small mice thrown in the air and to drink from the tap. She did eventually drink from the PetMate, but at first, she was a little hesitant, because of the slight noise it makes. She will let me brush and hold her, too.

Personally, I think they should get a sister to play with, since she’s bored being alone and the family are away several times a year. Perhaps next time they’re away for long, I’ll suggest I take her home.

Here are some pictures of her:

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=56990&d=1376930002

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=56988&d=1376929934

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=56992&d=1376930160

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=56991&d=1376930030

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=56989&d=1376929971

pomtzu
08-19-2013, 12:00 PM
She is GORGEOUS!!!! I can imagine how soft that lovely fur feels. Give her some lovins from me please, Randi.

krazyaboutkatz
08-19-2013, 12:15 PM
She sure is gorgeous.:) I bet she does get very lonely being by herself for that long.:( Maybe the family will decide to get another cat.;)

Karen
08-19-2013, 12:34 PM
What a gorgeous girl! And I like Beaujolais better than her actual name, too! ;)

Randi
08-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Ha Karen, that's actually what I've been calling her, since I'm not sure I can pronounce her name right (the family is French).

I'm doing what I can to convince her family to get a sister/brother for her. ;) I spend about three hours with her every day. Will be cat-sitting again in October.

Scooter's Mom
08-19-2013, 01:05 PM
She is beautiful!
Pet her for me... how nice that you're sharing toys with her.

Barbara
08-19-2013, 01:31 PM
She looks like a Norwegian-ver y very pretty:)

phesina
08-19-2013, 02:07 PM
What a beautiful girl!!! Please give dear Beaujolais some pets and skritchies from me.

I bet she's lonely, being alone so much when her people go away so often. What a good idea, for you to take her home, Randi!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
08-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Try this: boor - zhwaz. That should be close to her real name! She is STUNNING!

Randi
08-19-2013, 03:04 PM
"boor - zhwaz". I finally got in the habit of saying just that - after having called her Beaujolais and Bonjour. LOL!

katladyd
08-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Oh, Randi, she is just so beautiful!! I want to put my head through the monitor and just nuzzle all that soft fur!:love:

cassiesmom
08-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Bourgeoise, you are a very beautiful lady! I agree that you should go to Randi when your people need to leave again. Your coat is so fluffy and long, I would love to pet you! I am sure Randi will give you plenty of petting for everyone on Pet Talk!

mrspunkysmom
08-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Oh my what a beautiful kitty. Bourgeoise, you are most fortunate for such a caring cat sitter.

I’ve been visiting Bourgeoise for a month again, her family took a vacation. She’s a sweet girl, one year old and easy to look after. :) This time, I brought Fister’s PetMate, a piece of sisal carpet she used for scrathing, and a tunnel. What she loves the most, though, is to play with a string (two shoe laces tied together), small mice thrown in the air and to drink from the tap. She did eventually drink from the PetMate, but at first, she was a little hesitant, because of the slight noise it makes. She will let me brush and hold her, too.

Personally, I think they should get a sister to play with, since she’s bored being alone and the family are away several times a year. Perhaps next time they’re away for long, I’ll suggest I take her home.

Here are some pictures of her:

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=56990&d=1376930002

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=56988&d=1376929934

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=56992&d=1376930160

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=56991&d=1376930030

http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=56989&d=1376929971

mrspunkysmom
08-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Try this: boor - zhwaz. That should be close to her real name! She is STUNNING!

Or boor - zhwaz - zee.

Thanks Candance, I was trying to figure out how to help her pronounce it.

She is a stunningly beautiful cat. Her coat reminds me of old driftwood...Somewhat bleached with a variety of colors and a certain sheen. I happen to like driftwood.

Bengalz
08-19-2013, 08:07 PM
She is really stunning! I love her coat colours - so pretty:love:. This must be so good for you Randi and I think Bourgeoise is very fortunate to have a special friend like you to care for her when her purrents are away:).

Catty1
08-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Or boor - zhwaz - zee.

Thanks Candance, I was trying to figure out how to help her pronounce it.

She is a stunningly beautiful cat. Her coat reminds me of old driftwood...Somewhat bleached with a variety of colors and a certain sheen. I happen to like driftwood.

RIGHT - I forgot the last "zee" part. :o :D

Gorgeous girl!

mrspunkysmom
08-20-2013, 08:47 PM
RIGHT - I forgot the last "zee" part. :o :D

Gorgeous girl!

You didn't forget it. I've heard that pronunciation, too. I looked up the meaning and pronunciation to refresh myself. Vocabulary is not my thing.

Catty1
08-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Oops - for it to have the "zee" on the end it would have to end with "ie". Bourgeoise is an adjective; bourgeousie is a noun.

mrspunkysmom
08-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Oops - for it to have the "zee" on the end it would have to end with "ie". Bourgeoise is an adjective; bourgeousie is a noun.

okey-doke. I'm not sure what the spelling was that I checked. There are so many words that have multiple pronunciations. Sigh.

moosmom
08-24-2013, 07:41 AM
She is STUNNING!! A Norwegian Forest cat or Maine Coon is my guess. Very regal looking. If I were petsitting, I'd make her go poof!!!! J/K

cassiesmom
08-24-2013, 08:10 AM
I can't get over how beautiful Bourgeoise is. I hope she gets to stay with you when her people have to go away again, Randi ... I bet she would enjoy being with you and NOT being alone. She's gorgeous!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Oh my god... Bourgoise is absolutely fantastic!! what a beautiful cat!!!