PDA

View Full Version : Etsy.com - Who uses it? Thinking about joining to sell my artwork/crafts...

CountryWolf07
06-30-2012, 03:55 PM
I've had a Etsy.com account for about a couple years now but never have used it to sell things - I'm thinking about finally doing that - any advice(s)? Any good experiences? How long have you used it - successful or nay? Feel free to share... I'd love to see some input! :)

Lillycat
06-30-2012, 05:25 PM
.....i have made a few purchases on Etsy.....and a friend from Church sells on Etsy.....she likes it and so do I.....

Karen
06-30-2012, 05:31 PM
I know Sparks19 uses it - and Glacier does, though she doesn't post here as much at the moment, you might PM her!

kuhio98
06-30-2012, 11:33 PM
I buy stuff off of Etsy all t he time. Never had a bad experience. But, I've never sold anything.

happylabs
06-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Love Etsy! I have bought all sorts of things there. Never had a bad experience either. Nice people who seem to care a lot about their items they make and sell.

neko1
07-01-2012, 09:57 AM
I've purchased some great things on Etsy, never had a bad experience. :)

Grace
07-01-2012, 10:21 AM
I've purchased several times from Sparks19; once from Glacier; and a couple of times from people I don't know. Never had any problems.

sparks19
07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Etsy can be very good if you can put the effort into it. It does take a fair bit of effort to get noticed on etsy... especially if selling something in a saturated market (jewelry for example lol). It seems things have been getting slower and slower for a lot of people around etsy. I've taken a bit of a break from there. my store is still open and i add new things when I have them but other than that I'm kinda just letting it be until summer is over and things usually start to pick back up.

I've been selling on etsy for something like 4 years now. Let me know what questions you have, if any :)

CountryWolf07
07-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Etsy can be very good if you can put the effort into it. It does take a fair bit of effort to get noticed on etsy... especially if selling something in a saturated market (jewelry for example lol). It seems things have been getting slower and slower for a lot of people around etsy. I've taken a bit of a break from there. my store is still open and i add new things when I have them but other than that I'm kinda just letting it be until summer is over and things usually start to pick back up.

I've been selling on etsy for something like 4 years now. Let me know what questions you have, if any :)

I was looking up on how etsy charges you to put up a listing, if I'm correct, it's about $1.75, almost $2 at least to do that, is that right? Let me know.

Glacier
07-03-2012, 03:52 PM
I was looking up on how etsy charges you to put up a listing, if I'm correct, it's about $1.75, almost $2 at least to do that, is that right? Let me know.

No, it's 20 cents per item. That will list it for four months. When something sells, they charge 3.5% of the sale price as an Etsy fee. You'll get an invoice from Etsy once a month for your fees. I just pay it out of my paypal account. Generally it's a pretty easy to use site.

The trick with Etsy is to list new items often. The most successful bead artists on there list items daily, often several times a day. I am terrible at that! If I list once a month, it's practically a miracle! I have a bunch of new beads I need to take pictures of and get up on the site!

My shop:
www.bieyedbeading.etsy.com

CountryWolf07
07-03-2012, 04:27 PM
No, it's 20 cents per item. That will list it for four months. When something sells, they charge 3.5% of the sale price as an Etsy fee. You'll get an invoice from Etsy once a month for your fees. I just pay it out of my paypal account. Generally it's a pretty easy to use site.

The trick with Etsy is to list new items often. The most successful bead artists on there list items daily, often several times a day. I am terrible at that! If I list once a month, it's practically a miracle! I have a bunch of new beads I need to take pictures of and get up on the site!

My shop:
www.bieyedbeading.etsy.com

Thanks so much! :) Yeah I do have some art items I want to sell so we'll see how that goes. Appreciate it! All I need to do now is to think of a shop name. Hmmmm.

sparks19
07-04-2012, 08:22 AM

Each time you list an item (or re list an item) it charges you .20 cents. So if you list 5 things... the fee is $1. Then they charge something like 3% or 3.5% on anything you sell. So on a $50 purchase my fee would be about $1.50.

Lillycat
07-06-2012, 10:03 PM
.....i am also bi-eyed......and when growing up had a bi-eyed german shepherd....

CountryWolf07
07-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Each time you list an item (or re list an item) it charges you .20 cents. So if you list 5 things... the fee is $1. Then they charge something like 3% or 3.5% on anything you sell. So on a $50 purchase my fee would be about $1.50.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/RMCBuckeyeDesigns - Site is up and running - Slowly adding items! :) Question, I only have PayPal & money order set up as the payment methods for the buyers to purchase my items - why does VISA, Discover, etc. show up yet I don't have the direct payment/credit card/debit card set up? (direct checkout)

sparks19
07-08-2012, 02:50 PM
http://www.etsy.com/shop/RMCBuckeyeDesigns - Site is up and running - Slowly adding items! :) Question, I only have PayPal & money order set up as the payment methods for the buyers to purchase my items - why does VISA, Discover, etc. show up yet I don't have the direct payment/credit card/debit card set up? (direct checkout)

Because people can pay with their credit cards through paypal even if they don't have a regular paypal account