PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes Are Divorcing — It’s Official

Catty1
06-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Most divorces are sad...yet for some reason I feel relieved at this news, especially for Katie.

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/news/tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorcing-official-171520325.html

Grace
06-29-2012, 01:18 PM
This really surprises me. I hope he doesn't make her jump through hoops regarding custody of Suri.

Like you, Candace, I feel relief for Katie.

pomtzu
06-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I wonder how she stood him as long as she did??? I liked him way back when - in the Top Gun era - but after that he quickly turned into a pompous a$$. Hoping that it's civil - for Suri's sake.

happylabs
06-29-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't even know why people continue to get married these days, and especially actors and actresses. I'm staying single for the long haul.

Grace
06-29-2012, 02:32 PM
More info emerging - who knows how much is accurate.

She filed, in New York - he had no idea it was coming. The usual "irreconcilable differences." She wants sole legal custody and primary residential custody. That wouldn't surprise me - she wants to get Suri away from Scientology.

moosmom
06-29-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm with you Ellie. I KINDA liked Tom until he did the couch dancing bit. Then I was totally turned off by him and his pompous arrogance.

Karen
06-29-2012, 04:42 PM
I always find it odd when people say "gay marriage will destroy the sanctity of marriage" when people like this don't make it seem sacred or serious at all in the first place! Wasn't she wife #3? Couldn't be too much of a surprise.

moosmom
06-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Karen,

Yes it is wife #3. His first wife was Mimi Rodgers. People in the industry make a mockery of marriage and having babies out of wedlock. And to think SOME people look up to these geniuses.:rolleyes:

Cataholic
06-29-2012, 04:53 PM
I simply dont understand the dichotomy between people getting married, having a child, then divorcing and people having a child without being married. One gets the gold star while the other is portrayed less honorably. Isnt the end result the same???

moosmom
06-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Johanna,

I did not mean to offend anyone by my remarks. I have a friend who is a single parent by choice and I absolutely adore both of them (friend and kid). She's a great Mom, as are you.

What I was trying to say is it seems that people in the industry don't take divorce seriously. I mean, LOOK at the divorce rate for them alone.

If I did offended you, I apologize.

Cataholic
06-29-2012, 05:14 PM
You didnt offend me, but thank you for recognizing a person could be offended.

I am pretty comfortable with my lifestyle choice, and while I dont necessarily see much value in marriage, personally, know others do. I am just not sure the state sanctioned unity entitled "marriage" is really the ideal its all cracked to be. Its the people that make the unity, not the marriage that makes the people.

Catty1
06-29-2012, 05:20 PM
I suspect that divorces might be more common among celebs because the reasons for them getting married are so frivolous, perhaps many of the reasons being concocted by managers to help the star's image.

Like Rock Hudson, when being gay in Hollywood was a no-no. There have been similar rumours about Tom Cruise. Also - John Travolta. However, John hasn't done couch-dancing, has lost a son, and has had his own personal hell. In that case I wish the media would back right off. And Kim Kardashian????

Anyone who is rich and famous and manages to live an authentic life is my hero!

Lady's Human
06-29-2012, 05:30 PM
OMG, celebrities got divorced!!!

In other news, water is wet, the sky is up, and the weather will be light followed by long periods of dark.

pomtzu
06-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Anyone who is rich and famous and manages to live an authentic life is my hero!

You have to look hard. They are few and far between! :(

moosmom
06-29-2012, 07:01 PM
LH,

I hear ya. It's like...yada yada yada. :rolleyes:

Queen of Poop
06-30-2012, 07:44 AM
I am very happy for Katie. She's not looked truly happy for quite some time now.

Jessika
06-30-2012, 08:00 AM
OMG, celebrities got divorced!!!

In other news, water is wet, the sky is up, and the weather will be light followed by long periods of dark.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I didn't make national news when my ex-husband cheated on me, left me for another woman, and we divorced.

moosmom
07-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Tom Cruise seems like a control freak to me. Just an observation.

momcat
07-01-2012, 04:16 PM
This is news because.....?