PDA

View Full Version : It's a Yankee Doodle thursday...#487

RICHARD
06-28-2012, 07:01 PM
And I call it Macaroni Salad.

And egg salad, potato, jello and cucumber/tomato salad too!

--------------

I love the summer and the food.

I have been lucky enough to be able to grill everyday for the last 2-3 weeks.

Other than a few sides? It's been Grill City.

I have even smoked some ribs, No, not smoke some ribs, smoked some ribs!

If anyone wants a beer and sit on the porch with me, we can watch the squirrels run around, my tomato plants and welcome the fireflies?

DONE!

Karen
06-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Been forever since I've had macaroni salad! I'll take some potato salad, as long as it's the kind with hard-boiled eggs added in! Yum!

Pinot's Mom
06-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Just came in from watching fireflies...lovely.... :)

I'll join you for a bit! No food, thanks, just a cocktail and some company...

Lady's Human
06-29-2012, 03:50 AM
First meal of the year supplemented with fresh from the garden type stuff, had Bok Choi with steak last night.

Anyone got anything to cure white line fever? 2 round trips to DC in one week shouldn't happen to anyone.....

RICHARD
06-29-2012, 05:53 AM
First meal of the year supplemented with fresh from the garden type stuff, had Bok Choi with steak last night.

Anyone got anything to cure white line fever? 2 round trips to DC in one week shouldn't happen to anyone.....

A few hours in a hammock with a tableside pitcher of cold tea should do the trick.

DONE!

(If you see the prez, tell him I said hi?);)

PM,

I have some scraps of wood that I can toss into the firepit, if you are so inclined. And the local classic rock station in the background....

A lemonade with a splash of fortification?

DONE!

Karen,

I love the macaroni salad....done with the little 'pipe' style noodles, a little celery and bellpeppers, too.

Potato salad, Hardboiled eggs on top!

DONE!

pomtzu
06-29-2012, 06:37 AM
I have a big bowl of potato salad (with chopped hard boiled eggs mixed in) that I made yesterday. Rather early yet for that tho, but it's here for later if anyone would like some. There's also chicken salad that I made too. Too darn hot for any hot meals.

I was sitting on the back porch last night right at about sunset, and I was being bombarded by dragon flies (we always called them "darning needles", as kids, tho they were a smaller species). Couldn't figure out why they were swarming around me, then realized that they were after the lightening bugs, and other bugs too. It just wasn't dark enough to see them lighting up unless they happened to land close to me.

If there's any coffee, I'll take a cup please, before it gets too hot. Another scorcher today, so it will be cold drinks the rest of the day.

TRY to stay cool, everyone.

smokey the elder
06-29-2012, 08:07 AM

Maybe some Irish Coffee, mostly Irish?:D

Lady's Human
06-29-2012, 01:26 PM
One coffee, long on the Irish, short on the coffee?

DONE!

pomtzu
06-29-2012, 02:50 PM
No takers on the potato salad or chicken salad? Okay - that's more for me! :D

I have plenty of cold drinks available - sorry Maggie - non-alcoholic - just tea, sodas and juice. It hit 101 here a while ago with the heat index of 110. Unfortunately I have to take the pups out for a potty call ~~~ UGH!

RICHARD
06-29-2012, 03:41 PM
No takers on the potato salad or chicken salad? Okay - that's more for me! :D

I have plenty of cold drinks available - sorry Maggie - non-alcoholic - just tea, sodas and juice. It hit 101 here a while ago with the heat index of 110. Unfortunately I have to take the pups out for a potty call ~~~ UGH!

I'll do some Chicken Salad.

I had to grab some crackers and look for the Irish.

I'll pour Pom, DONE!

---------------------------------
Two Short Coffees, Tall Irish!

DONE!

I'll see if my radishes are ready for harvest...

DONE?

momoffuzzyfaces
06-29-2012, 05:10 PM
I'd love a big hamburger with the works and some potato salad and macaroni salad too, please? And a cherry rootbeer and 7 iced cat nip teas. :love:

are your maters ready for eatin yet Richard?

RICHARD
07-01-2012, 10:23 AM
I'd love a big hamburger with the works and some potato salad and macaroni salad too, please? And a cherry rootbeer and 7 iced cat nip teas. :love:

are your maters ready for eatin yet Richard?

I have one baby mater that's ready to go and Because I started late?

I have to wait. But that makes them taste so much better.

When I think of 'maters, I think of Phred and the kids.

I have to remember to take a picture of a sign I saw on the road the other day.

---------------------------

One burger, works, tater salad a CRB and 7 nip teas....iced!

DONE!

RICHARD
07-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Lamb kebabs with bellpeper, onion on a pita with garlic hummus....

Or a regular hotdog??

---------------------

The Nathan's hot dog contest is tomorrow at noon EST.

:D

pomtzu
07-03-2012, 03:57 PM
That kabob sounds delicious - minus the pita and hummus for me please. I have a fresh, cold fruit salad that would be nice with it tho - cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries & pineapple - and plenty to go around. :)

RICHARD
07-03-2012, 04:23 PM
That kabob sounds delicious - minus the pita and hummus for me please. I have a fresh, cold fruit salad that would be nice with it tho - cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries & pineapple - and plenty to go around. :)

Done.

I have been making fruit salad for the last few weeks and I was thinking about what other fruit I'd like!

PINEAPPLE! So fresh and acidy that it makes your tongue say, "What was THAT!":D

Kebabs, for you!

DONE!

Lady's Human
07-04-2012, 02:32 AM
But no, you sent us CONGRESS.....good god sir, was that fair?

RICHARD
07-04-2012, 05:01 AM
But no, you sent us CONGRESS.....good god sir, was that fair?

Congress?

conˇgress [ kóng grəss ]

1.conference or meeting: a conference or formal meeting of delegates or representatives, e.g. the representatives of a group of nations, to discuss matters of interest or concern

2.organized group: a society or organization of people with common interests and concerns

LMAO @ definition 2. I always thought 'congress' was a reason for politicians to get away from their SOs.;)

I'm doing coffee........

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
07-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Good Morning and Happy 4th everyone!

Barkeep, I think I have to try something I just saw on the Today Show - put a popsicle in a wine glass and top it with prosecco. Sounds very refreshing! That, with a bit of chicken salad sounds like the start of a nice little picnic. ;)

Lady's Human
07-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Tomato and Mayo sammiches, anyone?

Karen
07-04-2012, 05:56 PM
... with real tomatoes from the garden? Sure! I'll have one! And then I'll have another one with no mayo, just some good sharp cheddar, tomato and speck! Yumm!

RICHARD
07-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Good Morning and Happy 4th everyone!

Barkeep, I think I have to try something I just saw on the Today Show - put a popsicle in a wine glass and top it with prosecco. Sounds very refreshing! That, with a bit of chicken salad sounds like the start of a nice little picnic. ;)

What kind of popsicle?

I cooked chicken on the 'que, along with beef ribs and a 'mexi-corn' medley.

Potato salad too, so I think I fast chix salad is possible!

----------------

Oh man, Make my sammich on sourdough, hide the mater under a slice of jalepeno Jack and toasted under a broiler.

Sea salt, too, please?

(Sorry about that, a fresh tomato sammy is great, I didn't mean to go "food channel" on your offer!)

DONE!

--------------------------------

The recipe for Mexi-corn is this...

De-corn a few ears.
Red bellpepper, Hungarian wax peppers or anaheims, onions and some salt and pepper.

Wrap it in foil and toss it on the grill, about 20 minutes?

lemon pepper and butter when it comes off the grill......

Lady's Human
07-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Sorry, I don't do more than a few ingredients in recipes.

Besides, if you need a recipe for a sammich, you're overcomplicating things. :p

Karen
07-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I just got home from the NEwton fireworks a few minutes ago, and it waited until about ten minutes after I got home for it to start raining! Good timing this time! But guess what? As we were waiting for the fireworks to commence, it was getting pretty much full, and a family of three people and a big dog came over and asked if it would be okay if they sat in front of me! I said sure, asked if he was a Bernese, and when they were a little surprised I guessed correctly, said, "My husband and I run a website for dogs. We do Dog of the Day .com," and the daughter said "Ziggy was Dog of the Day!" She asked my name, and said, "Yes, [email protected], I remember, you emailed me!"

So that was my fun surprise. Ziggy did fine with his Dad just covering his ears until the last of the finale, which was extra loud, then he was ready to leave.

So I met: Ziggy (http://DogoftheDay.com/archive/2010/March/13.html) in person!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-04-2012, 10:23 PM
Tomato and Mayo sammiches, anyone?

Count me in with just a tiny sprinkle of salt over the tomato please. :love:

Lady's Human
07-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Count me in with just a tiny sprinkle of salt over the tomato please. :love:

That we can do!

RICHARD
07-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Sorry, I don't do more than a few ingredients in recipes.

Besides, if you need a recipe for a sammich, you're overcomplicating things. :p

Recipe?

Did I say anything about measuring?:eek: