PDA

View Full Version : Think we need a new cattower....

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Hey humans of PT, we think we need a new scratchtower!!! Urgently!!
We are all big fans of this tower, but see for yourself, isn't it a bit like the tower of Pisa???
What if one day we all fall off? On our pretty noses????

See for yourself!!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/scheef1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/oopsbeetjescheef.jpg

pomtzu
06-28-2012, 09:09 AM
But maybe they like pretending they're in Italy...........:D

Bengalz
06-28-2012, 09:12 AM
That's a tough decision:confused: After all, it looks like this one has just got broke in for the right level of comfort:rolleyes::D !!

catmandu
06-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Actually a little brace at that tower and we think that your Cat Tower would be just fine!!!:love::love:

happylabs
06-28-2012, 09:22 AM
New Tower! New Tower! It is a unanimous vote from Tinker, Buddy and Mama. :D

I found a really nice tower at Petco when I was in the store last time and they are already put together if you buy them in the store. That was a plus for me. I haven't been back yet to buy it but it is going to be soon. :)

kaycountrygal
06-28-2012, 09:44 AM
hmmmm, That tower is definitely leaning. I used to have one and I put a thingy around it and actually attached it to the wood wall. Later Luke decided never to use it so I removed it and put wood putty in the screw holes. I also recall tower had a thingy that went at the top and I could wedge it between the top of tower and the ceiling but Luke was so big I also reinforced tower to the wall.

cassiesmom
06-28-2012, 02:02 PM
This one is being very wonderfully demonstrated :love: by the Girls! Hello, beautiful ladies!

Karen
06-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Now girls, if Dad is handy, there are probably just screws or bolts that need to be tightened or have washers added and it will be good as new!

mrspunkysmom
06-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Use supports until that won't work anymore. That tower looks like my first tower that I still have. Part of it broke off and I discovered the sisal columns had cardboard underneath and not wood.

Jane loves my blue tall tower. It's high and she sleeps and plays up top. It's holding up otherwise.

Your tower does have bolts that can be tightened but not if the sisal columns have become separated from the plastic supports.

Good luck.

Girls, if meowmie gets you a new tower, insist on all wood. :D

moosmom
06-29-2012, 08:52 AM
I think you're right!!! Talk about used. LOL

Pinot's Mom
06-29-2012, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the chuckle! ;)

Yes, many of them only need to be tightened, but I'm sure that's been done. NEW TOWER! Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't write that, I think NEW TOWER my keyboard is being taken over by a furry NEW TOWER force. :eek:

krazyaboutkatz
06-30-2012, 01:50 AM
Yes, it sure looks like a new tower is needed. My largest cat tree also has screws that can be tightened. Now when my cats jump up on the highest ledge, it squeaks. Good luck.:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-30-2012, 03:12 AM
Now girls, if Dad is handy, there are probably just screws or bolts that need to be tightened or have washers added and it will be good as new!

Nope master Karen, our dad has 2 left paws, oops hands:rolleyes:!!
He has green hands though, he makes our garden a real cat-paradise :)

moosmom
07-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Now, now girls...UtchiB here.

Don't bogart that "nip" garden Dad's planted. Send some our way!! Our Meowmie forgets to give it to us when we're stressed out.

momcat
07-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Hello my lovely Inka,
Oh yes, you and your sisters definitely need a new tower! Your safety and comfort are hanging in the balance. How terrible it would be if you fell off and landed on your nose - the horror :eek: You and your sisters could get ouchies.

Tell you what, my Sweet. Tomorrow at Cat Court my purralegal and I will start researching your situation under Belgium's kitty laws. Maybe that way you can gain some leverage here.

I'll definitely be in touch.

Purrs, headbumpies, kitty hugs, and kitty kisses,
Love,
Your devoted Groucho

Karen
07-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Nope master Karen, our dad has 2 left paws, oops hands:rolleyes:!!
He has green hands though, he makes our garden a real cat-paradise :)

Oh, dear. Maybe your human brother Jo could help? ;) I'd do it, but my arms do not ready that far from here! Enjoy your garden as you can, though I know your Dad makes that extra nice for you!