PDA

View Full Version : Cool Fuzzbuttz

pomtzu
06-27-2012, 01:24 PM
In the hot weather, The Fuzzbuttz really enjoy a cool treat now and then. Sparky LOVES freeze pops, and of course ice cream and yogurt too. Finicky Myndi just wants ice cream. I took these pics of them last week, enjoying their cool treats on a hot day. Of course it was cool in the house, and they reminded me that they didn't appreciate having to go outside in the heat for anything, so I rewarded them for their inconvenience. :rolleyes:

happylabs
06-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Very cute. I bet they enjoyed their treats. Casey used to love yogurt too!

cassiesmom
06-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Hello, cool Fuzzbutts enjoying a sweet treat :D! :D

Freedom
06-27-2012, 05:26 PM
so I rewarded them for their inconvenience.
Spoken like a true PT mom, ha haaa. I see they have you well trained, Ellie! Next, you will be making grocery runs just for them!

Does Sparky get a sugar high from those freeze pops and start running around? LOL Myndi has more specialized tastes, and of course Sparky shares in that as well, smart guy! I enjoyed these pics very much, thanks Ellie!

pomtzu
06-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Spoken like a true PT mom, ha haaa. I see they have you well trained, Ellie! Next, you will be making grocery runs just for them!

Does Sparky get a sugar high from those freeze pops and start running around? LOL Myndi has more specialized tastes, and of course Sparky shares in that as well, smart guy! I enjoyed these pics very much, thanks Ellie!

Special grocery runs - yup - did that last weekend. They get chopped boiled potatoes and a canned veggie in with their food, and I was out of potatoes, so had to go in town and pick up a bag. If it had been something I needed, it would have waited till my next regular shopping trip!

No - no sugar high, since he doesn't get a whole pop. He's comical the way he eats them - he starts out licking, then ends up biting chunks of it off. He does the same if I make him a small ice cream cone - starts out nicely licking, then ends up biting off chunks of ice cream. Myndi has much more refined manners tho, and will only lick her ice cream from a bowl! ;)

cassiesmom
06-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Special grocery runs - yup - did that last weekend. They get chopped boiled potatoes and a canned veggie in with their food, and I was out of potatoes, so had to go in town and pick up a bag. If it had been something I needed, it would have waited till my next regular shopping trip!

Yepper... if it's something for me, it waits; if it's for the cat, out I go :rolleyes:

:love: Sparky and Myndi :love: Hugs from one of your many admirers,
Elyse

chocolatepuppy
06-27-2012, 10:16 PM
It looks like a few pups might be spoiled rotten! ;)

Karen
06-27-2012, 11:11 PM
This made me think of something - if your dog gets sugary treats, make sure you do brush their teeth, as they can be as prone to cavities as people can. So sorry, Sparky, but I figure'd I'd better tell mom this!

mrspunkysmom
06-28-2012, 02:27 AM
RB Maggie and RB Rose loved ice cream.

Cute pix. They do tug at our heart strings.

kaycountrygal
06-28-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm laughing. Heaven Forbid if I should run out of cat food or dog food. I make sure I keep a big supply on hand for Luke cat as I order his online. I shudder to think what would happen if he did not have his food LOL. I would have to go to a pet store 20 miles away and buy it where it costs more than where I order.

Anyway back to your babies, they are precious and you sure treat them good but I totally understand. They're so sweet... hope they appreciate you AND air conditioning. Kay in NC

Lilith Cherry
06-28-2012, 01:28 PM
OOh lovely cool doggies! It is nice to be spoiled isnt it!:p

mrspunkysmom
06-28-2012, 10:16 PM

No - no sugar high, since he doesn't get a whole pop. He's comical the way he eats them - he starts out licking, then ends up biting chunks of it off. He does the same if I make him a small ice cream cone - starts out nicely licking, then ends up biting off chunks of ice cream. Myndi has much more refined manners tho, and will only lick her ice cream from a bowl! ;)

Oh, yeah. I make trips just for the crew. Aren't they so funny about their habits? Spunky will only eat from a bowl. Sam prefers to be hand-fed. Jane eat mostly dry and a nibble of wet food and no human food. If Jane doesn't like what I put in a bowl, she sits up and waits for the next course. She taught the boys this behavior. At least she doesn't get food on her head and neither do the fellas now. I have to thank her for that. Gotta lov'em .

pomtzu
06-29-2012, 05:55 AM
Oh, yeah. I make trips just for the crew. Aren't they so funny about their habits? Spunky will only eat from a bowl. Sam prefers to be hand-fed. Jane eat mostly dry and a nibble of wet food and no human food. If Jane doesn't like what I put in a bowl, she sits up and waits for the next course. She taught the boys this behavior. At least she doesn't get food on her head and neither do the fellas now. I have to thank her for that. Gotta lov'em .

Oh yeah - I have to laugh at them and always wonder where they get some of the silly notions that pop into their cute little heads! Sparky can have some strange behavior when it comes to his meals. One day he'll eat like it's his last meal ever, then the next day, he lays down in front of his bowl and just looks at it - like he's waiting for it to turn into a big juicy steak or something else real yummy. Myndi's cleaned her bowl out, and Sparky is still just staring at his. :rolleyes: So I've found that if I take his food and dump it into Myndi's now empty bowl - he'll eat it! Go figure. And Myndi - she has to spend a minute barking at her food before she starts to eat it. Maybe she just wants to make sure it's not alive and isn't going to jump out of the bowl at her. :confused:

You're right! Gotta lov'em...............:)

Roxyluvsme13
06-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Two of my favorite PT pups :D. They are as cute as ever and I'm glad they're keeping cool in this awful heat!

Lily absolutely LOVES ice cream, freeze pops, ice, anything like that.

krazyaboutkatz
06-30-2012, 01:40 AM
Cute pictures of two very spoiled dogs. This is just how it should be though.:)

Daisy and Delilah
06-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Awwwww......Sparky and Myndi are so cute, Ellie!!! They're a couple of cool customers :) Great job at keeping them chilled in the heat. Florida dogs won't go outside in the summer at all. There's alot of coaxing and carrying going on.;)

ChrisH
07-01-2012, 07:29 AM
So very cute. :D

Haven't discovered if Alfie likes popsicles/ice cream yet, but expect he will. :).