PDA

View Full Version : Bottle bubs incoming!! *Pics added post 9*

snakemama
06-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Last night I was chatting with my sisten in law, and I told her how sad I was about ALL of my bottle babies passing away this season and how badly I wanted some more since in the last five years that I've been raising kittens I've only ever lost one other.

This morning, three 2 day old kittens were left on the doorstep of the clinic where she works. Coincidence? I THINK NOT! She's bringing them hoime for me tonight. There are two girls, a siamese-type and a calico, and a boy brown tabby.

I AM SO EXCITED!!

Pictures to come, of course. :D

Now my sister in law needs a litter of bottle puppies...

Karen
06-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Oooh, how exciting! We'll say a prayer that all these little ones make it!

moosmom
06-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Ah yes, sleep deprivation. I remember it well!!! But the rewards are SO great!

Hope you'll post pictures once they're settled. Would love to follow their progress!! THANK YOU!!

Catty1
06-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Best of luck with the little ones!

How could someone just LEAVE them on the doorstep of the clinic?!!? :mad: They should get a secret camera installed...

phesina
06-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Prayers for all these babies. And many thanks to you for caring and doing so much!

God bless,
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
06-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Bless you, and purrayers that the little ones survive and do well. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
06-23-2012, 04:01 PM
These days people will dump kittens almost any where.:( They sound adorable. I hope that all 3 of them will continue to thrive in your care.:) Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures.

momcat
06-23-2012, 04:15 PM
These little newborns couldn't possibly be in better hands! Because of you the babies will be cared for, safe, enjoy full tummies but above all else they'll know nothing but love. Thank you and bless you for caring enough to help these tiny kittens in need!

PS: Groucho is sending you lots of headbumpies, purrs, and kitty kisses to thank you for helping the babies. He'd love to see them go to PT homes where kitties get only the very best of everything. :love:

snakemama
06-23-2012, 09:53 PM
OK I was mistaken, it's two boys and a girl!

Here's the siamese-ish boy: (Juniper)
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9076/kitten1y.jpg

Here's Mister Tabby: (no name yet)
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8445/kitten2f.jpg

And Miss Calico seems to be more photogenic than her brothers: (Belladonna)
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6451/kitten31.jpg

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3560/kitten32.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9445/kitten33.jpg

Bengalz
06-23-2012, 11:59 PM
They are all so precious:love::love::love:. Thank you for taking these babies in:).

snakemama
06-24-2012, 01:39 AM
So SIL and I are time-sharing these kittens, three days with her then three days with me. I like this idea.

phesina
06-24-2012, 05:18 AM
ADORABLE!!!

God bless you all.

happylabs
06-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Ohhhhh myyyyyy goodness!!! Lil' baby kitties are so sweet! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I can't put enough hearts on this post!

chocolatepuppy
06-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Oh my gosh, the cuteness!:love: Bless you and your SIL for saving them!:)

Barbara
06-24-2012, 08:18 AM
Big aaawww!! Hope they get big and healthy in no time:)

Catty1
06-24-2012, 08:58 AM
THUNK! Falling over from too much cuteness! :love::love::love:

Praying they all thrive - they look pretty healthy; I guess Cute always does. ;) Looking forward to seeing them grow up!

snakemama
06-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Tabby boy's name is now Sedge.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/527781_10150976826189435_959888222_n.jpg

If their personalities stay as they are, then miss Belladonna will be a BRAT! LoL. Last night she was standing upright with her paws wrapped around the bars of her carrier, shaking the door of the carrier and screaming....it was two hours since her last meal and that milk wasn't heating fast enough darn it! Juniper is mellow mellow mellow....he has a great appetite, but he waits calmly and is calm while he's pottied and cleaned off afterward. Sedge purrs a tiny kitty "tap tap tap" purr as soon as you start petting him. <3 I'm so in love with these guys.

Catty1
06-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Gosh...I am just amazed at how different and marked their personalities are at such an age! But then...little miss Belladonna is a tortie, isn't she? Tortitude in one so young...*sigh*. :D

Bengalz
06-24-2012, 03:09 PM
... and they now all have names!! I love it - they are just adorable!!!

katladyd
06-24-2012, 03:51 PM
They could not be any more cute or precious!:love::love::love::love::love::love::love : How could anyone just abandon these babies? I will never understand things like this.:mad:

snakemama
06-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Gosh...I am just amazed at how different and marked their personalities are at such an age! But then...little miss Belladonna is a tortie, isn't she? Tortitude in one so young...*sigh*. :D

My sister was joking that she should name the calico something like "sweetums" to create the trifecta of evil....tortie + bottle brat + Law of opposite names. :)

For those that don't know, the law of opposite namse states that kitties with names like Cuddles or Snookums are always a challenge for vet staff to deal with, whereas kitties with names like Chaos or Lucifer are the easiest ones to deal with. :D

snakemama
06-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Juniper says "I LIKE FOOD!"
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/555784_10150978102114435_2096823701_n.jpg

Sedge is a messy eater. He always gets formula dribbling down him
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/181312_10150978100509435_365381264_n.jpg

Aaaaand Miss Sassy Pants has a soft side.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/311514_10150978099409435_210352981_n.jpg

snakemama
06-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Oops, I forgot one...

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3567/belladonna2.jpg

snakemama
06-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Miss calico appears to be on her way out. :( She's very limp/unresponsive, and she has vomited. She was fine at her last feeding. I hate how fast they go downhill.

Catty1
06-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Oh NO. Is there nothing a vet can do? Sugar water? I am so so sorry...PT Prayers for a miracle. Please, creator, your little one....:(

krazyaboutkatz
06-25-2012, 01:37 AM
They're all adorable.:) I'm sorry to hear that Belladonna isn't doing well.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. I sure do hope that all three will continue to thrive and grow up to be happy and healthy cats. In my opinion the males are always much sweeter than the females and that's why I have so many males right now.;) Good luck.:)

phesina
06-25-2012, 04:35 AM
Prayers for Belladonna. Please hang on, sweetie.

catmandu
06-25-2012, 09:50 AM
We have heard that Our Eternal Momma Angels are on their way to help with those Tiny Little Cats of the Future and we pray that they all grow to be Big Cats!!!:love::love::love:

snakemama
06-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Little Belladonna didn't make it, but her brothers are still strong and hungry.

phesina
06-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry. Rest in peace, tiny Belladonna, you have been greatly loved in your so-short life.

Catty1
06-25-2012, 12:24 PM
{{{hugs}}} You must be heartbroken. Little Belladonna seemed so feisty. :love: I am glad her brothers are ok.

I feel angry at the person who dumped them at the clinic. I bet they aren't having the mom cat spayed either.

Sending love to you and to Juniper and Sedge. I bet they'll be big boys soon.

smokey the elder
06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
I'm so sorry about precious little Belladonna. The boys seem to be doing well!

Karen
06-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Heaven must have needed a baby kitten, rest in peace baby girl!

momcat
06-25-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm so very sorry and a bit choked up to hear that little Belladona went to the Bridge. In her life that was way too short, this precious little angel knew she was loved because you. :love:

Bengalz
06-25-2012, 06:55 PM
So sad about little BellaDonna - she was such a cutie and with such personality. She was lucky to have you even though it was brief.

cassiesmom
06-25-2012, 07:04 PM
HI God ~

Prayer Pups here ... wiffa request fur HELP with two tiny Baby Boy Kittens ...

They were splitted up from their mama-kat and now are Bottle Bubs...

Could You please put Your skrubbies on and fly down to help wiffa Feedin and Growin.

And Could You please give their Hooman a big {{{God's Hug}}} so she knows You are Helpin Out.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups
:love:

:love:edited just slightly from PHred's original:love:

Laura's Babies
06-25-2012, 07:11 PM
OH MY!! I have melted into a big ole puddle on the floor!! :love: There are not words enough to describe the sweetness, cuteness and adorablness.. I WANT another bottle baby!!!!!

I've never enjoyed anything as much as bottle raising Caramella and she'll soon be 2 years old and she is STILL MY baby and it has been, still is..... PURE JOY having her!

Edwina's Secretary
06-25-2012, 08:47 PM
I was so taken with Belladonna I was thinking of asking where in the US you live! (In case she wanted to come and live with Edwina and Eddie!) I am sorry for your loss. Here's hoping those boys just keep on getting bigger...

mrspunkysmom
06-25-2012, 09:24 PM
So sorry to hear about BellaDonna. :(

krazyaboutkatz
06-26-2012, 12:23 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Belladonna.:( RIP baby girl.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are going out to both boys.:love:

snakemama
06-27-2012, 11:30 AM
A big thanks to everyone for their kind words aout miss Belladonna.

Juniper and Sedge are thriving, eating around 15mls of formaula between them every 3-4 hours. I'm exhausted, but of course these boys are well worth the sleep deprivation! I'll try to get some pictures this afternoon.

krazyaboutkatz
06-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the update.:) I'm so glad to hear that Juniper & Sedge are both thriving. I hope they continue to do well and I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of them.:)

katladyd
06-27-2012, 12:57 PM
So sorry about Belladonna, that news just broke my heart. I am glad the boys are doing well and I hope they grow up to be adorable, loving, kitties!:love:

snakemama
06-28-2012, 03:02 AM
They boys continue to thrive - and my sister in law has a third foster too, so we'll be juggling babies for a few weeks here. We were getting worried about not seeing much poop from either of the boys, but they more than made up for that today, eeeeew! LoL. Nothing like pre-wean kittens to make a person cheer when they see a big old pile of poop! Am I crazy? I probably am...oh well!

The new one is 8 weeks old so she doesn't need any bottle feeding, but she's a skinny little waif so we're going to give her some time to unwind, gain some weight, and just be a kitten before she's spayed and adopted out. She's FeLV and FIV negative, and her fecal results should be back tomorrow, so assuming all is well she'll get her food and loving and be on her merry way! Pictures to come soon, of course. She needs her beauty sleep tonight!

cassiesmom
06-28-2012, 06:40 AM
They were born on June 21, right? So they are one week old today :D Would their mom-cat still be providing stimulation for them to pass urine and stool? I don't think it's crazy to keep tabs on what they put out. Since you're already measuring how much they take in and watching for growth. You'd be taking further action if they were not stooling, so I'll say it: Yay, kittens! You are eating and ... uhmmm ... pooping!

Bengalz
06-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Well done boys!! No matter what the age;) pooping's good !! :D

mrspunkysmom
06-28-2012, 08:15 AM
They were born on June 21, right? So they are one week old today :D Would their mom-cat still be providing stimulation for them to pass urine and stool? I don't think it's crazy to keep tabs on what they put out. Since you're already measuring how much they take in and watching for growth. You'd be taking further action if they were not stooling, so I'll say it: Yay, kittens! You are eating and ... uhmmm ... pooping!

I think the momcat continues to provide stimulation for a few weeks just to be safe. At least until they are up and moving well. You could always ask Briana since she has recent experience with this.

snakemama
06-28-2012, 01:28 PM
I keep stimulating my kittens until they're 4-ish weeks old or until it's clear that they don't need it anymore. :) I know they don't make much poop when they're on formula, but it had been days since we saw any from either one so we were getting concerned. Believe me, both me and the kittens are happier without any kitten enemas going on!

momcat
07-03-2012, 07:38 AM
How are those adorable babies doing?

happylabs
07-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Any new photos?

snakemama
07-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Oooops, haven't taken photos in the last few days because we've run into some problems. We had allowed the boys to stay together because there had been no problem with them sucking on one another. Big mistake. :(

Sedge sucked on Juniper's eye in between feedings, so badly that it may have ruptured. We're not sure currently because it's massively swollen and oozing huge amounts of pus. He's on both an oral and a topical antibiotic and he's getting frequent hot compresses to his face to try and get as much of the pus out of the eye as we can. As the swelling goes down and the pus comes out we'll be able ot see if the eye is ruptured, and if not how badly damaged it is. :( I hate having them be alone so young, but this cannot happen again. Poor baby.

Catty1
07-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Major PT Prayers that Juniper's eye is ok! You'll be able to put them back together when they get a little older, I think.

HUGS! They are alive and thriving. Ya done good!

phesina
07-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Prayers and healing energies that Juniper's eye will get better and the two will be able to get back together again before long. God bless you for taking care of these babies.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Juniper's eye.:( I sure hope that it'll be okay and that he won't have to lose it. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. I also hope that both boys will continue to do well and thrive in your care.

mrspunkysmom
07-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Sorry to hear about Juniper and his eyes. Healing purrayers on the way!

snakemama
07-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Good news! Juniper's eye was carefully opened (per the vet's advice, in order to get some answers) and it is NOT RUPTURED! The rest of teh pus has been drained, and he looks like he feels a million times better wihtout all that pressure on his eye. :)

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Whew!!! I'm so glad to hear this wonderful news!!!:)

mrspunkysmom
07-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Good news! Juniper's eye was carefully opened (per the vet's advice, in order to get some answers) and it is NOT RUPTURED! The rest of teh pus has been drained, and he looks like he feels a million times better wihtout all that pressure on his eye. :)

Fantastic! I love Good News! :love:

Catty1
07-04-2012, 11:30 PM
WONDERFUL! So glad to hear this!:D:love::love::love:

katladyd
07-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Doin' the Happy Dance over this news! I am so glad Juniper's eye will be okay!:love::)

phesina
07-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Oh, what wonderful news to wake up to!!!!

momcat
07-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Thank you for this wonderful update! You got my day off to a great start!!! Please give that little sweetheart some lovies for me? :love:

snakemama
07-08-2012, 02:19 AM
I attempted to get pictures tonight, but it's not happening without a helper! Juniper's eye is almost back to 100%, you can hardly tell which one was damaged! I'll try to get pictures up soon!

krazyaboutkatz
07-08-2012, 02:38 AM
This is great news.:) Will you be working tomorrow and if so will you be bringing both kittens to work with you? If so I may stop by because I think I need to start buying Wellness canned food in the larger cans now since my cat family has grown so much.;)

snakemama
07-08-2012, 11:30 AM
This is great news.:) Will you be working tomorrow and if so will you be bringing both kittens to work with you? If so I may stop by because I think I need to start buying Wellness canned food in the larger cans now since my cat family has grown so much.;)

I am working, but my sister in law is picking up the kittens this morning and taking htem for a few days so I can have a break. :)