PDA

View Full Version : interesting facts about cats...

carole
06-19-2012, 04:43 PM
I am sure most of us knew these already, but there were one or two i did not know interesting. Enjoy!!

Karen
06-19-2012, 05:16 PM
Some of them need a "most" instead of "all"! Manx cats tails are not long as other cats, Sphynx and Devon Rex have different coats that normal cats, and some cats like men better than women, etc. Specifics are fine, broad generalizations not so much!

carole
06-19-2012, 05:19 PM
i agree it was only something on found online that i thought would be interesting to share, but yes my nikki prefers my husband to me, although i dote on her completely, little traitor she is, she loves me too, but just not as much as hubby, but has been great, because of her he has developed much more love for cats in general than he had before, he liked them, but now he loves them, well nikki anyhow .:D

mrspunkysmom
06-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Some of them need a "most" instead of "all"! Manx cats tails are not long as other cats, Sphynx and Devon Rex have different coats that normal cats, and some cats like men better than women, etc. Specifics are fine, broad generalizations not so much!

I didn't know about the muscles, breaths, teeth, or tidbits. I know they have a lot of bones. I believe their heart beats faster and their normal temp is also higher.

Blues have a different undercoat or overcoat length that other cats. That's why the fur lays different. Just can't remember which.

The graphs in the 16-18 hour sleep fact are off. The yellow must mean awake time for the 18 hour graph, which would then be correct. The 16 hour graph is just wrong.

And Mr. Spunky prefers men as new people. He Loves me and likes my current lady friends since they take the time to converse with him. Been out of the man friend market for a while, so I can't comment on that. Perhaps when I feel better. . . .?

However, for the average consumer, this is probably informative. I'm always surprised how little people know about their pet and its breed.

carole
06-19-2012, 07:08 PM
ok everyone it was just mean't as an interesting bit of information, obviously it is in general these are the facts.:)

Edwina's Secretary
06-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Carole...I am so glad you posted this. I find it very interesting -- even though I have had cats for years now. I feel so much better to know that Eddie can't see the treat I put on the floor for him. All this time I thought him just rather thick!

Thank you!

carole
06-19-2012, 08:09 PM
you know what that was the one i never knew either, explains a lot .:D

Freedom
06-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Those were interesting, thanks for sharing it Carole! I knew they couldn't see a treat on the floor, it is the shape of the skull. I show them the treat, put it down and either they sniff it out or you see the head tilt so they can spot it more easily. WHile I knew it, I never could have TOLD You that! Ha ha haaa. NOW I know it and can share that tidbit.

They sure are mysterious creatures, and we love 'em!

Crystal is my "Traitor," I am clearly her slave here to feed her and clean her box. She love, love LOVES my Dad, and flirts with him constantly if he is home. :love:

carole
06-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Yep freedom i have one of those TRAITORS too :D she prefers my hubby to me although i do almost everything for her, but she just loves her daddy, and it is great to see, even though i feel a little envy at times, it has made him really realise what loving a kitty is all about, so bless my nikkita for that.;)

mrspunkysmom
06-19-2012, 11:34 PM
ok everyone it was just mean't as an interesting bit of information, obviously it is in general these are the facts.:)

I knew that. Just adding information. However, it always amazes me how even simple math, graphs, and ratios can flummox people. That was the one that irked me. :D

Never have known that much about cat's teeth, except for the fangs. Those are obvious. :D

mrspunkysmom
06-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Carole...I am so glad you posted this. I find it very interesting -- even though I have had cats for years now. I feel so much better to know that Eddie can't see the treat I put on the floor for him. All this time I thought him just rather thick!

Thank you!

I agree. Every time I give them treats, I think that they wouldn't make it in the wild. :D Now I know better. Might explain why I have to hand-feed Sam sometimes. :love: :D :love: Of course, he could be playing me. :p What do you think? :D