PDA

View Full Version : No way I'm bringing this back.

Mallerie23
07-19-2000, 04:05 PM
whenever I throw a ball for my dog to fetch, she either sits there an whines or gets it, but wont give it to me. all she wants to do is hold the ball in her mouth while she growls and looks at me. then she runs away while I try to get the ball from her. she is a Jack Russel. she is either too hyper or too....

Sandra Franklin
07-21-2000, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Mallerie23:
whenever I throw a ball for my dog to fetch, she either sits there an whines or gets it, but wont give it to me. all she wants to do is hold the ball in her mouth while she growls and looks at me. then she runs away while I try to get the ball from her. she is a Jack Russel. she is either too hyper or too....

George
07-21-2000, 09:57 AM
We call our dog's favourite game ..the foot game. He bounces around like a big rabbit with his rear end up while we try to step on his front paws. The game ends when he rolls over and trips us.

varnerjt
07-24-2000, 01:45 PM
The way that i taught my dog to bring his toy back is with a reward. Like a biscuit or something. When he comes back i make him sit and tell him to "Drop It". Once he does, i give him a treat. Needless to say, it didn't take him long to catch on. Try it, maybe it will work. Good Luck.
Taffanie http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif