PDA

View Full Version : Biopsy Results - surgery August 29

Queen of Poop
06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I require surgery. I will be meeting the surgeon on June 25 to book it and get further details.

Catty1
06-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Thinking of you and wishing the best. Hopefully getting the details will make this a bit easier on you...at least you will know what is going to happen. :love::love:

Karen
06-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Okay, here's hoping that you will have good results!

Queen of Poop
06-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Sorry for the short initial post. I'm a bit shocked. For those who do no recall, I had a bad PAP. Went for the colposcopy test (nasty). The biopsy samples came back with more high grade (bad) cells than low grade (good) cells. Because there is such a large area of bad cells I will have laser surgery while asleep. I will find out all the gory details, including the date, next Monday (June 25) when I meet the surgeon.

Not a happy camper. But, it's me, nothing ever is easy.

Karen
06-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Better get those bad cells gone now than let 'em morph into anything worse! We'll be thinking of you!

phesina
06-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Prayers and loving good thoughts for you, Gayle. God bless.

Love :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: from Pat and cats

cassiesmom
06-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Better get those bad cells gone now than let 'em morph into anything worse! We'll be thinking of you!

Agree agree agree! Get those bad cells gone! Let's see, June 25, that is one week from today. I'll be praying.

Pinot's Mom
06-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Prayers from here, Gayle; if there's anything I can do, please let me know.:love:

Freedom
06-18-2012, 06:54 PM
I can well imagine this is a shock! The whole process, step by step, has been. Darn!

Well, the bad cells have been found and now you are going to take steps to deal with it. I know, the silver lining isn't always easy to take to. Hugs, Gayle!

mrspunkysmom
06-19-2012, 12:02 AM
I am sorry to hear this. Praying the doctor can remove all the bad cells and get you back on the right track.

momcat
06-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Many prayers are being prayed that everything will work out just fine. You know you can count on your PT pals for anything you might need or want!

[[[[[HUGS]]]]] for you!

gini
06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Gayle I will light a candle in prayer for you that the bad cells will be removed and only your good health will be left for the future. You have had enough!! I am so sorry for that.

chocolatepuppy
06-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Praying for you Gayle. (hugs)

Alysser
06-20-2012, 09:22 PM
So sorry you need surgery! Here's hoping for the best, you need a break!:love:

Queen of Poop
06-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Thank you everyone for the kind words. This afternoon I meet the surgeon and we set the date for my surgery. Hopefully it is sooner than later. Will advise later.

Cali has been using her "cat magic" to make me feel better. She's pretty much been all over me. Lots of snuggles and purrs. She's such a love.

Karen
06-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Thank you everyone for the kind words. This afternoon I meet the surgeon and we set the date for my surgery. Hopefully it is sooner than later. Will advise later.

Cali has been using her "cat magic" to make me feel better. She's pretty much been all over me. Lots of snuggles and purrs. She's such a love.

That's a good fur nurse you've got there! Give her a kiss from me!

phesina
06-25-2012, 12:24 PM

Ohhhhh, how sweet of Cali. What a loving girl she is! She knows when Meowmie needs some extra added attention and devotion.

Prayers and good wishes are coming from us to you, Gayle, as you and your doctor map out your plan of action. God bless.

Love from Pat and cats :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
06-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Hoping the surgery consult goes well. My 6 are sending you virtual cuddles and lovies. Virtual is better. Sam, Bob, and Jane are heavy. Give Cali some scritches for me. :love:

Queen of Poop
06-25-2012, 07:29 PM
My surgery date is August 29. I need to call the day before between 2:30 and 5 pm to get the time that I will need to be at the hospital. They will do the LEEP procedure and then use the laser to make clean margins. I will be sound asleep. As long as I feel ok I can go back to work the next day.

It is such a long time away. :(

Catty1
06-25-2012, 11:55 PM
What would help you right now? What do you need? :love:

krazyaboutkatz
06-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

pomtzu
06-26-2012, 05:36 AM
Sending good wishes your way, Gayle.

But again - I just don't understand the long wait. :(

Queen of Poop
06-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Sending good wishes your way, Gayle.

But again - I just don't understand the long wait. :(

The long wait isn't actually that long given how long others have to wait here for surgeries. This was the first available time. I am pre-cancerous so there isn't a huge panic.

Queen of Poop
06-26-2012, 07:58 AM
What would help you right now? What do you need? :love:

I'm ok Candace. Disheartened cause I'd really like it overwith so I can move forward. But that seems to be the story of my life - hurry up an wait. Kitties are doing their very cat best to give me lots of lovies. Diego was even grooming Cali's head this morning - I was hoping he wasn't just going in for a taste preview!

mrspunkysmom
06-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Wishing you the best in the meantime! :love: Can you be put on a waiting list in case a place becomes open? Not as macabre as it sounds. :love: Glad they know it's precancerous. :love:

Alysser
06-27-2012, 09:04 AM
So sorry to read you have such a long wait ahead. It'll come around quickly though, I'm sure. Much luck, Gayle! You know you have Mikey and I's support!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/DSCF1790.jpg
Mikey says "just go to your happy place, like this!" :D

Queen of Poop
06-30-2012, 07:47 AM
So sorry to read you have such a long wait ahead. It'll come around quickly though, I'm sure. Much luck, Gayle! You know you have Mikey and I's support!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v708/bobbernut/DSCF1790.jpg
Mikey says "just go to your happy place, like this!" :D

Thanks to YOU and Mikey!! Pics of your little man always put a smile on my face and make a warm spot in my heart.