PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to go to a dog show?

Dixieland Dancer
11-18-2002, 11:31 AM
I have finally done it! I entered Dusty in his first dog show for conformation!! We are going to the Cleveland Ohio Crown Classic on December 13 - 15. It is a HUGE show. The dog related Christmas shopping is worth the trip alone! I also entered him in obedience since that is where I feel more comfortable (and he is ready).

Anyone in the area who would like to see over 2,500 dogs in one place at one time in all sorts of venues (conformation, obedience, agility and I believe they are going to do Rally obedience) is welcome to come as a spectator.

Animal planet will be there taping for a future show. Wish us Luck!! :D Hopefully I will not be a bundle of nerves. :eek:

If you would like to go see all the activity let me know and I will give you more information.

Karen
11-18-2002, 11:36 AM
How fun! If you ever do a Massachusetts show ... I'll be there! Good luck!

wolf_Q
11-18-2002, 11:53 AM
I would LOVE to go! Unfortunately I'm nowhere near Ohio! :( Maybe Rachel can go, she's near Cleveland.

Logan
11-18-2002, 12:19 PM
Wouldn't I love to be there!!!!! I'm jealous, but wish you and Dusty the best of luck. I know you'll have fun, regardless.

Logan

Sudilar
11-18-2002, 12:37 PM
If you come to Chicago, I'd love to go!!! Good luck!!! But mostly, have FUN!!

zippy-kat
11-18-2002, 12:45 PM
Would love to go....but can't. :rolleyes:
But if you ever have one down here in the Southwest.....

(Is he in agility? A couple years back, Las Cruces hosted the *shoot! forgot the name* it wasn't nationals but it was the North American something-rather. I went to that--there's some AWESOME dogs there!!)

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-18-2002, 12:47 PM
How exciting!! I wish I could come to Ohio to watch, but can't! I am sure you may have some Pet Talkers in the spectators though. We have a few Ohio folks here!

Best of Luck to Dusty!! Let us know when the show airs on Animal Planet. I will definetly watch!

iceyshiver21
11-18-2002, 01:09 PM
AHHHHHHH....I want to show, :( i only show in 4H but its still so much fun i miss it i only have 3 shows a year. boo-hoo.
We wish ya lotz of luck!;)

anna_66
11-18-2002, 01:34 PM
I'd love to go if I can get Mark to go with me, let me know the details:D

Dixieland Dancer
11-18-2002, 03:18 PM
Anna,
I sent you a PM telling you a little more. Unfortunately I won't know exact times of being in the ring until 7 to 10 days before the show when I get my running order confirmation in the mail.

It would be great to see you there!

primabella
11-18-2002, 05:04 PM
i wish i could see one! theres was one here in montreal, but the tickets were really expensive..:( good luck in the show :)

Cincy'sMom
11-18-2002, 06:39 PM
Don't know yet, but I may be able to come over on Saturday...I know Sunday we have dance rehearsal, but Cleveland isn't too far of a drive. We'll have to get more details as the time gets closer!

Good Luck!!!

Crikit
11-18-2002, 06:47 PM
I would love to go but I can't to far away. I'll cheer Dusty on in spirit though.

Cookiebaker
11-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Go Dusty...Go Dusty..Go!!! That sounds like so much fun!! If there is ever a show in New England, I want to hear about it because I would make a big effort to go!!! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
11-18-2002, 07:21 PM
I wish you and Dusty the best of luck! I'm sure he'll do great! Give that sweet Golden boy a big hug for me!:) ;)

Dakota's Mommy
11-19-2002, 08:39 AM
I would love to go but as a few other people said, it's a bit too far for me! If and when you find out that it will be aired on Animal Planet, be sure to post it because I am one definate one who will be sitting in front of the tv to watch it then! Thanks for giving us the heads up about it!

Corinna
11-19-2002, 09:39 AM
Good luck you two. I used to show in 4-h and pro shows but that was 20 years ago. Hoping to do obediance soon but looks like I'll need a new dog for it i havve a hard time moving the sofa spud off the couch to work on skills. It is fun to be in the shows just remember it also can be very confusing and an adreniline high for you and Dusty
Get so photos and post them for us of you guys in the ring. Good Luck but above all have fun!!!!

KYS
11-19-2002, 09:57 AM
Wishing you and Dusty lots of luck, and I know
you will have a great time. Can't wait till you go and tell
us all about the show and doggie craft shopping too.

Cinder & Smoke
11-19-2002, 11:14 AM
Here's a few links for more info about this show...

Richland County Kennerl Club (http://www.richlandcountykc.org/Shows&Trials.htm)

How to Get To the Cleveland "IX Center" (http://www.ixcenter.com/geninfo/directions.cfm)

Crown Classic Dog Show pages (http://www.crownclassicdogshows.org/)

GOOD LUCK DUSTY!! :D

Dixieland Dancer
11-19-2002, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the links Phred! This isn't too far from you. Do you think you may be able to stop by on one of the days?

Most of the actual events information is still not posted because entires for the show do not close until November 27th. I will not know until a week before the shows when I go in the ring for obedience and what times the Goldens will show.

We will take losts of pictures to share with everyone that can't make it.

The vendor shopping alone at this show is worth the trip!

K9karen
11-19-2002, 03:52 PM
SOOOO COOL!!! I will definitely be there in spirit and emotion!! Will be thinking of you and rooting the Duster-boy all the way!! Our sweet, handsome, super-duper Golden Boy struttin his stuff!!! What a beautiful sight!! You'll probably here me screaming from Glenside!!! :D :rolleyes:

AdoreMyDogs
11-20-2002, 06:37 AM
I wish I could go, but Cleveland is really far from me. My husband and I drove down there for our anniversary a couple of years ago and I remember the trip being closer to 6 hours, but I could be wrong on that. If my car was newer I would consider it, but my car has almost 90 thousand miles on it, and I want it to last as long as possible. I really want to go, though. I really enjoy dog shows, especially the obedience ring. I will also have to be there in spirit. Good luck, Dusty boy. I am sure you'll do great.

Cincy'sMom
11-20-2002, 03:36 PM
Leslie-Cleveland shouldn't be more then 4 hours for you. I don't know if I am going, but if I do and you are interested, maybe you could come to Toledo, and I could drive from here. Keep it in mind as the date gets closer :)

AdoreMyDogs
11-20-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Leslie-Cleveland shouldn't be more then 4 hours for you. I don't know if I am going, but if I do and you are interested, maybe you could come to Toledo, and I could drive from here. Keep it in mind as the date gets closer :)

Oh absolutely! I would love that! Please let me know if you plan on going, and I'll for sure ride with you from Toldeo, if it's OK. :)

CountryWolf07
11-21-2002, 09:36 AM
DIXIE- DID YOU SAY CLEVELAND, OHIO?!?! I'm 20 minutes away from there... maybe I could go? It'd be cool.. I never been to a dog show, actually! Let me know about the details and all the stuff!!! - Rachel