PDA

View Full Version : Where was my camera!?!?!?

Edwina's Secretary
11-18-2002, 11:08 AM
Yesterday we had our first snow. Edwina begged (:confused: ) to go outside. I wasn't inclined to accompany her so I put her in her harness knowing she wouldn't go far.

Immediately outsie the door is the feeder. It draws an eclectic crowd -- assorted birds, squirrels, chipmunks, mice (:eek: ) raccoons, etc.

The squirrels sit on a branch and easily eat out of the feeder (as can be seen in this photo from the summer.)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid23/pc4ed91ebb115a0fd598efb79dc1e510c/fd9d0196.jpg

I looked out to check on Edwina and there she was sitting by the big rock with her face a mere few inches from the branch -- which held a squirrel (not Shirley.) Edwina was on "full alert." Periodically the squirrel would stop eating, turn around look at her (and the lack of escape routes) turn back and continue eating.

They were eyeball to eyeball no more than six inches apart!

I called my husband to come and look. We watched the two of them for a couple of minutes -- finally bringing in our "pampered puss" before the squirrel became annoyed!

11-18-2002, 12:36 PM
Oh Edwina , what a shame that your alert mommy didn't have her camera ready this time .... ! That must have been quite an amasing sight ...!

lynnestankard
11-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Sara - you who have managed to get all sorts of wonderful poses from Miss Edwina - missed the one that sounds hilarious!!!
:D :D :D

Lynne

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-18-2002, 02:43 PM
Oh my! That must have been hilarious, but also scary. Don't want those nasty squirrel claws to be put to use on pretty Edwina.

I'm surprised she went out in the snow. Tubby wants nothing to do with snow...too cold on his tootsies I guess. :rolleyes: :D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-18-2002, 03:28 PM
LOL!!! I'm surprised Edwina didn't freeze her little bum off, sitting in the snow!!! I guess she was just too excited about seeing the squirrel to notice. How would you treat a frost-bit bum on a cat anyway?:D

Lillycat
11-18-2002, 04:20 PM
where was the camera is the bane of my existance!!!! i am never "as ready" as i wish i were......all the pix i have missed!!!!

toughCookie
11-19-2002, 01:12 AM
you have a beautiful yard!!