PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's gonna be a service cat???

moosmom
06-14-2012, 02:15 PM
This little beauty, who else???

I was going through her vet records to determine how old she is and her "Gotcha" Day. I got her on December 31, 2009 at 4 months old. She is now 2 1/2!!

So we're going on a new adventure, the two of us. She's a sweet cat, very clam. We are going to make the lives of older seniors and little kids a little better and a little brighter!!!

The course is 8 weeks long. LuLu doesn't have to be present right away. I thought about bringing Utchie, but he's a WILD MAN!!!

Karen
06-14-2012, 03:59 PM
She'll be great at it, I bet!

Queen of Poop
06-14-2012, 04:34 PM
How wonderful!!! She's so pretty, everyone will just love her. :love::love::love:

cassiesmom
06-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Yay, beautiful Lucie! You will be a purr-fect therapy kitty! Look what happened to my face when I saw this photo of you :D

phesina
06-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Awwwwwwwww!!! Congratulations, dear girl!

You'll be bringing a lot of joy to people who will really appreciate it.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

happylabs
06-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Awesome! She is so pretty. Can't wait to hear stories.

Catty1
06-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Lovely Lulu! How wonderful she will be a therapy cat! Congratulations!:D

Yes, they might want to put wild man Utchie INTO therapy instead!

Lulu is so beautiful. Give her some cuddles for me!

Freedom
06-14-2012, 08:27 PM
That is exciting!

Sparkle was a pet therapy cat, we went to nursing homes for 2 years, back when she was younger. She is the only one of mine with the right personality - everyone exists just to tell her what a pretty girl she is, lol. My little social butterfly! All the rest run and hide when anyone comes in the house.

Good luck with the course!

Bengalz
06-14-2012, 09:48 PM
That is awesome! Lulu is such a beauty - she will bring joy to many:).

katladyd
06-15-2012, 01:04 AM
She will be a great service cat! She made me smile just looking at her picture! :) Just wait until people see her in the flesh!

momcat
06-15-2012, 08:10 AM
This is wonderful news!!! The nursing home my Mom was in had a group that brought cats and dogs to visit the residents a couple times a month. It was incredible to see the reactions of the residents when a cat would jump in their lap or a dog would want some attention from them. Everyone looked forward to the "pets" coming to visit. There were some residents who never spoke or smiled to anyone but when the animals came to visit they couldn't wait to pet them and talk to them. As those of us owned by a pet already know, they give us something only they can give.

Good luck with your new friends, Lulu. You're going to make lots of older folks very happy!

catmandu
06-15-2012, 09:48 AM
:love::love:
We bet that she would be great at visiting people and cheering them up!!!
I would love to see her coming!!!
:love::love:

smokey the elder
06-15-2012, 11:02 AM
That is just awesome!

sallyandsnowx
06-15-2012, 11:31 AM
What great news! Lulu is so pretty, she will brighten up the days of many! Congrats, can't wait to hear some stories. :)

Randi
06-15-2012, 12:02 PM
That's wonderful! LuLu looks like a real sweetie and she will be such a good service cat, I'm sure. :) Now, a lot more people will get to know what it's like to owned by a kitty - and they will want more. :D

Btw, she looks a lot like Fister's mom, she was a tough lady, though.

Good luck!

maerlyn
06-15-2012, 01:59 PM
This is so neat! I've been doing this with Althea for almost two years (she wears holiday dresses!), and I can attest to the enjoyment she brings to the residents at the retirement community.

I'm curious: who offers a course? We've never taken one - I just pop Althea onto my shoulder and off we go. If there were a course near me, I might be interested in taking it.

Enjoy it - my experience tells me you will!

mrspunkysmom
06-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Donna,

I glad Lulu is going to be a therapy cat. I wish you and her the best with this new adventure. Jane would be a good therapy cat but she doesn't like the carrier or cars. Same for Bob.

Seniors and kids in hospitals enjoy having pets visit. It does so much for their spirit and healing. This is a good thing you are doing.

emily_the_spoiled
06-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Here is the link for the Pet therapy group: http://www.deltasociety.org/Page.aspx?pid=282

You can actually get some of the training online.