PDA

View Full Version : Flag day Thursday #485

RICHARD
06-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Born in the USA..

I was Born in the USA.:D

Hi, I am back.

I just took a week off to recharge the batteries...a lot of life to live, lately.

How's about a Shirley Temple, a shot of tequila and a Blue Drink to celebrate.

LOL, Don't tell Gini, she thinks blue drinks are Ty-D-Bowl....

DONE!

GOnna fire up the grill, again.

I can't get enough of carbon-y food!:eek:;)

Karen
06-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Today's Dog of the Day's person wrote to tell me he was especially pleased Griffin is Dog of the Day on Flag Day, as he is retired US Army! :)

I have some strawberries and blueberries in the fridge - anyone want some over some vanilla ice cream? Red, white and blueberries for Flag Day!

pomtzu
06-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Count me in on the strawberries and blueberries please, but hold the ice cream. I have whipped cream for them, so I won't lose the patriotic look. Plenty to share if anyone cares for some.

I crave fresh, cold fruit in the warmer months. And darn it all - the roadside market where I used to get my "monster melons" is nowhere to be found this year. Guess I have to find another source. :(

cassiesmom
06-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Oh, good! Thursdays is open! It's almost 90F out -- I'm finishing some iced tea from lunch. I put some grapes in the freezer and they should be just about frozen, so I'll add those to the fruit buffet.

gini
06-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Born in the USA..

How's about a Shirley Temple, a shot of tequila and a Blue Drink to celebrate.

LOL, Don't tell Gini, she thinks blue drinks are Ty-D-Bowl....

:eek:;)

Richard, why then, don't you get a paper "napkin" with a "blue" drink instead of a couple of sheets of toilet paper? Bartenders are trying to tell you something.:D:D

Pinot's Mom
06-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Count me in on the strawberries and blueberries please, but hold the ice cream. I have whipped cream for them, so I won't lose the patriotic look. Plenty to share if anyone cares for some.
:(

ME! thanks! :) Quick hello, on the way to a family reunion of sorts. My cousin, who I haven't seen in 20 years or so, is in town so several family members are meeting for brunch. Should be fun! Have a great day everyone!

RICHARD
06-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Let me stop in for a second and refresh some glasses and say, Gini, I don't know why.

Give me a few minutes and I'll have an answer?:D
DONE!

Karen
06-19-2012, 10:25 PM
I have a rhubarb pie in the oven, anyone want some once it is cooked (and cooled a tad)?

gini
06-19-2012, 11:37 PM
I grew up in Ohio with tons of rhubarb always available - and gobs of pies were made from it.

For some reason I simply never acquired a taste for it. Now give me a raspberry buckle or a blackberry or blueberry pie - and mmmmmmmmm I could eat the whole thing.

Karen
06-20-2012, 07:57 PM
For those who don't like rhubard pie, why do you not like it? I just ate a piece. I delivered some to my mum-in-law earlier today, and the rest will be mine, I guess! Do you not like the texture, or the tartness of rhubarb? Just really curious, as I find it yummy, but I know it's not exactly the most popular pie out there! I still have half a pie in the fridge, if anyone wants some!

pomtzu
06-21-2012, 06:37 AM
I'll help you finish that pie, Karen. YUM! I like to make rhubarb sauce. I just cook it up with water and LOTS of sugar, and eat it just like that - as a desert. I remember as a kid, my mom always made it that way too, and it was always a treat that the whole family loved.

Karen
06-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Excellent, have some! Yes, we also made rhubarb sauce, and sometimes had it over shortcake!

RICHARD
06-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Excellent, have some! Yes, we also made rhubarb sauce, and sometimes had it over shortcake!

Oh my, strawberry rhubarb is to die for!