PDA

View Full Version : I graduated high school!

JuniorxMyxLove
06-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Still hasn't really sunk in, but I'm officially a high school graduate :)

I'm not really sure how I pulled it off, but I ended up graduating Magna Cum Laude and subsequently had a really big heavy medal to wear at commencement, haha.

I somehow managed to make it across the stage without tripping, running into myself or embarrassing myself in some other fashion (perhaps a bigger feat than actually graduating hahaha)

But anyways. I'm DONE! My last day of school was May 22, my commencement was June 7. I went to the Senior All Night Party, got my diploma, and now I don't ever have to go back to that school :D Most of my fellow seniors were super sad to leave and cried at EVERYTHING and hung around after all sorts of senior events, but it wasn't the case for me. I left as soon as possible each time and really have no regrets about doing so, nor am I upset in any way to escape that school and the people in it.

But...yeah. I'm all graduated and stuff now. Now the focus is slowly shifting to college in the fall. I'm meeting my roommate in person for the first time in exactly one week (YAY) and bought my first major dorm room purchase yesterday.

My orientation (and class enrollment) is in three weeks. Move in day is in 72 days, which seems crazy close and super far away at the same time. Mostly, it just seems insane that I'll be moving 2 hours away to attend a Big 10 university in less than 3 months. It also seems SO weird that some of my best friends are about to move across the country (Tennessee, California, etc...) for school.

My sister and I right after commencement:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5jd68DL151qehdwdo1_500.jpg

My best friend and I shortly after our senior walk:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4phb6DXHR1qehdwdo1_500.jpg

I SURVIVED HIGH SCHOOL!

Karen
06-13-2012, 09:35 PM
We are very proud of you, especially with the Magna Cum Laude honor and all! I remember how glad I was to be done with the pettiness of small town high school. I still connect with the friends I care about even all these years later!

chocolatepuppy
06-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Congratulations Melanie!!! Good job!:D

happylabs
06-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Congrats!!!!! It is a giant step into adulthood.

Great pics too. You will do well. You have the right attitude about life. :)

phesina
06-14-2012, 10:45 AM
Congratulations! Well done!

sana
06-15-2012, 04:28 AM
Congratulations! That's awesome! :) Good luck for the future and well done!

We praise you for your efforts,
And send good wishes, too,
For a future filled with happiness,
And your fondest dreams come true.