PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!! I'm back!

sana
06-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Finally!! I'm back on Pettalk. I was quite inactive because of some school stuff. My class and the class senior to us had to host a Farewell party for the graduating class. And then I had my exams and now, finally! Thank God! I can turn on the computer in peace and happiness..no tension..no problem because my summer vacations have started :D
I hope you all are doing well. I have been reading some threads, but, I couldn't post in them.

I would like to ask a question. What's up with pettalk.com? I mean when I type it in the browser tab and press enter, it says:

Unable to connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at pettalk.com.

-->The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
--> If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
--> If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

and so, I have to search it on google and then turn on Karen's post: 'We are PetTalk.com! Happy Day!'

Is it just me or does it happen to everybody?

Other than that, PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!! I have my result on Friday. If a student fails in one the major exams (English, Urdu and Maths) the student has to repeat the class. My English and Urdu exam went great, Thank God but, the Maths one... :-/ Not so good. So, please pray I pass this class!

Thanks for reading! I hope I'm active on pettalk again! :)

chocolatepuppy
06-13-2012, 05:18 AM
Hi Sana, welcome back!:D Best of luck on your exam. I know you'll do fine!;)

Catty1
06-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Welcome back! I kind of wondered where you were - but school and exams and organizing events, that definitely takes up time!

Pet Talk changed to a new server while you were away...I'm sure Karen can get you all fixed up again!:)

Good luck on your results - I am sure you will do better on the Math than you think!:D

happylabs
06-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Welcome back! Good luck to you too.

I am not sure what is up with the PT issue you are having. At home on my laptop it never recognizes me. I have to click on Today's Posts and then it logs me in. Gremlins...

Karen
06-13-2012, 10:49 AM
No idea why that is happening, Sana - typing in pettalk.com works fine for me ... Try clearing your browser cache and trying again, could be there was a temporary hiccup that you computer or your ISP cached. Will say a prayer that you do well on your Maths test - study hard!

Jessika
06-13-2012, 04:56 PM
I've actually always accessed the forums via petoftheday.com/talk, I'd never known to use the other domain! Maybe try that link instead?

Welcome back... lots of people coming back from hiatuses lately :)

Pinot's Mom
06-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Welcome back! Great to see you! My guess would be you have to clear your browser cache - after all there were massive changes to PT and it might just need to refresh.

You'll do fine on your exams! Pinot sends kitty kisses! ;)

phesina
06-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Welcome HOME, Sana! So nice to see you again!

Good wishes with the exams. I'm sure you'll do fine!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
06-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Welcome back, Sana. I'd write more but not supposed to stress teh right arm. Glad to hear you are doing well.

sana
06-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Aw! Thanks guys for the warm welcome :) Sending lots of hugs and kisses to Pinot ;) :love:

I tried to turn on pettalk from my other computer and this laptop, and now, it has started working (which is quite a relief) :D

Get well soon mrspunkysmom! :love:

And SURPRISE!! I got my result back! :D

It's much better than before :D
I got:
English: A (You can't get an A* Our teacher does strict checking.. :-/)
Urdu: B (better than before! Yaay! ^_^)
Pak.Studies: B
Islamiat: A (better than before ^_^ )
Physics: B (From D grade to B grade, Thank God! ^_^)
Q.Class: B (Got a C last time because I hadn't studied :-/ )

I got loads of Bs this time...better than the Ds I got last time. :-/

Now for my bad results: :(
Chemistry: D :'( my exam was so weird! :-(
Biology: C Ignoring my sir, his attitude, and the way he checks our papers. -_-
Maths: D :-( I had a bad exam but, I'm happy that my teacher is really nice. He passed me in the exam by being lenient as these exams change our future. If a person fails in a major, he fails the class, if he passes in the majors, he passes the class. It was really nice of him, by the way :-)

I guess that's it :) Thank God my result is better than before. I'm happy with it even though many people might think it's terrible, but, I know I improved. ^_^

If somebody doesn't know what our gradings are, here they are:
A*: 90%-100%
A: 80%-89%
B: 70%-79%
C: 60%-69%
D: 50%-59%
U: below 50%

Thanks for the prayers and thanks for the welcome again :-) :love:

mrspunkysmom
06-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Hi Sana,

Working on the Wellness part. Day by day.

Wish I could help you with the Maths, but long distance is difficult. What types of math are you learning? Your math teacher might see some potential in you that doesn't show in exams.

What levels of physics? If you can get a B in Physics, you can handle the math. Physicists use math practically; mathematics use it theoretically.

What is Q. class?

Keep up the good work.

Karen
06-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Maybe you can find some websites with math or chemistry problems or games to play over the summer, just to help you with those subjects. I loved Chemistry, chemicals can be fascinating in the real world! What classes will you be taking next year?

Jessika
06-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Wow, that grading scale is much different than anything I'm used to :O

In public school, it is:

A 90-100%
B 80-89%
C 70-79%
D 60-69%
F 50-59%

And while I was in college, it was:

A 93-100%
B 85-92%
C 75-84%
D 70-74%
F anything below 70%

sana
06-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Wow, that grading scale is much different than anything I'm used to :O

In public school, it is:

A 90-100%
B 80-89%
C 70-79%
D 60-69%
F 50-59%

And while I was in college, it was:

A 93-100%
B 85-92%
C 75-84%
D 70-74%
F anything below 70%

Woah! That is hard!! :eek:

sana
06-16-2012, 05:10 AM
Maybe you can find some websites with math or chemistry problems or games to play over the summer, just to help you with those subjects. I loved Chemistry, chemicals can be fascinating in the real world! What classes will you be taking next year?

Yeah, I found some websites for Chemistry :D I did some balancing equations (they are my weak point)
I like Chemistry too, but, I have problems in the equations.. :(

My subjects will be the same, Sciences :( I hate sciences but, our school doesn't offer many subjects. The other choice is something related to Maths which I DISLIKE :(

sana
06-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Hi Sana,

Working on the Wellness part. Day by day.

Wish I could help you with the Maths, but long distance is difficult. What types of math are you learning? Your math teacher might see some potential in you that doesn't show in exams.

What levels of physics? If you can get a B in Physics, you can handle the math. Physicists use math practically; mathematics use it theoretically.

What is Q. class?

Keep up the good work.

Keep you in my thoughts and prayers :)

I'm gonna do Grade 10 starting from September. I'm doing O Levels, I guess it's high school where you live. We don't have one course of math, (for example), we don't do algebra one year, and something else the next. We mix multiple math courses in one year. And, my Math teacher says he'll fix me up by next year and that he knows I'll be able to catch up :)

I don't really think we have special levels of Physics as well. I don't know why, but, my Maths is weaker than Physics..it's weird but, true.

Q.Class is actually Quran Class. We read and study Quran in that class.

Thanks! :D

Karen
06-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Sana - have you ever checked out Khan Academy? http://www.khanacademy.org/ It is a website with free online courses in everything "from arithmetic to physics" and more, and you can learn, take practice tests, etc. The man who started it did so because he wanted to help his nephew over the Internet, and it has grown into a huge success. It might be fun for you to do some learning on there over the summer break, and you'll feel more prepared for the fall!

sana
06-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Sana - have you ever checked out Khan Academy? http://www.khanacademy.org/ It is a website with free online courses in everything "from arithmetic to physics" and more, and you can learn, take practice tests, etc. The man who started it did so because he wanted to help his nephew over the Internet, and it has grown into a huge success. It might be fun for you to do some learning on there over the summer break, and you'll feel more prepared for the fall!

Omg! My cousin told me about this. I had a problem in the chapter Mole of Chemistry and my cousin showed me a video on youtube which was by Khan Academy. He's a wonderful teacher :)

Thanks for letting me know about how he started this! And thanks for reminding me about it :)