PDA

View Full Version : Cats with moustaches

happylabs
06-12-2012, 09:38 AM
I saw these little magnets on Etsy and could not resist buying them. Aren't they cute?!?

catmandu
06-12-2012, 09:53 AM
I saw these little magnets on Etsy and could not resist buying them. Aren't they cute?!?

I hate to sound like a Geezer , but what is Etsy:confused::confused::confused:

phesina
06-12-2012, 10:38 AM
How cute!

Karen
06-12-2012, 10:52 AM

Etsy.com is a website where people sell things they have made.

maerlyn
06-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Most of Althea's wardrobe (all her dresses) have come from Etsy; those ladies are very, very talented!

happylabs
06-12-2012, 12:53 PM

LOL...you don't sound like a geezer. :D You probably would never be interested in Etsy. It is a huge online marketplace with people who sell their homemade goods. Anything from homemade soap to handmade cat clothes.

Most of Althea's wardrobe (all her dresses) have come from Etsy; those ladies are very, very talented!

OMG I love that picture! There are some beautifully handmade clothing for everyone there.

maerlyn
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the compliment. Althea has a complete wardrobe; I take her to a retirement community every few weeks; on holidays, she wears an appropriate dress. The people just love her,especially in one of her dresses. :) Here she is in her Christmas dress, which was her first, and in her St. Patrick's Day dress.

happylabs
06-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the compliment. Althea has a complete wardrobe; I take her to a retirement community every few weeks; on holidays, she wears an appropriate dress. The people just love her,especially in one of her dresses. :) Here she is in her Christmas dress, which was her first, and in her St. Patrick's Day dress.

OH...I love the St. Patty's day one! :love: :love::love:

She sounds like such a wonderful cat. I love that you can take her to the retirement home.

Karen
06-12-2012, 03:47 PM

I am sure she is a hit whenever she visits! And it is great that she is perfectly happy wearing her dresses, not every cat would comply!

maerlyn
06-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Thank you both for the compliments. Karen, Althea doesn't particularly enjoy wearing the dresses, but she doesn't fight to get them off. I bought all "harness dresses"; they have dee's sewn in so that I can hook her leash directly to the dress. She doesn't usually walk on the floor - but will when she's ready to lead me out the door to the vehicle! LOL - but she rides on my shoulder, which leads to some interesting looks from people who've not seen her before. As I walked down one hallway, I passed an older lady who was walking more slowly than I. I was several yards past her when she asked, "Is that a *real* cat?" She thought Althea was a stuffed cat until Althea moved her tail! We've had to stop to have photos taken, too. People who don't know my name evidently refer to me as "the cat lady." :D

Edwina's Secretary
06-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Thank you both for the compliments. Karen, Althea doesn't particularly enjoy wearing the dresses, but she doesn't fight to get them off. I bought all "harness dresses"; they have dee's sewn in so that I can hook her leash directly to the dress. She doesn't usually walk on the floor - but will when she's ready to lead me out the door to the vehicle! LOL - but she rides on my shoulder, which leads to some interesting looks from people who've not seen her before. As I walked down one hallway, I passed an older lady who was walking more slowly than I. I was several yards past her when she asked, "Is that a *real* cat?" She thought Althea was a stuffed cat until Althea moved her tail! We've had to stop to have photos taken, too. People who don't know my name evidently refer to me as "the cat lady." :D

Do they have a Scottish kilt? Edwina desperately wants one...

p.s. Love the magnets!