PDA

View Full Version : My Gluten Free eating Safari this weekend.

mrspunkysmom
06-10-2012, 08:18 PM
A friend and I are going to lunch Monday and I need to check out some restaurants. I found three that will work. :D

I ate at Olive Garden with a limited Gluten Free menu. They were very accommodating. Except for the salad. With a lettuce allergy I'm limited to spinach. :)

I also at at Harbor Inn Seafood, a more or less local chain. Their family has allergies, so the owner's daughter was sympathetic to my cause. They do not have a specific gluten free menu, but plenty of grilled options. the salad was free of greens of any type. And they correct their mistakes. The cook put hush puppies on the plate and before I even saw it, the server had them re-prepare the dinner. :love:

Tomorrow we may check out Mongolian Grill. The ingredients are raw and I can have rice. Two of the sauces are gluten free. :confused:

It's been a good weekend. :D

As for the spinach. I like spinach, but it can be hard to digest, especially with damaged guts. And I've had enough Spinach this weekend to make my blood curdle. ;)

Karen
06-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Can you eat things from the cabbage family, like cabbage or Kale, or radiccio? For salads at home, have you tried dandelion greens, or chicory or escarole? Or the leaves of Swiss chard ... Just thinking of non-lettuce alternatives for you that are not spinach!

mrspunkysmom
06-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Can you eat things from the cabbage family, like cabbage or Kale, or radiccio? For salads at home, have you tried dandelion greens, or chicory or escarole? Or the leaves of Swiss chard ... Just thinking of non-lettuce alternatives for you that are not spinach!

Well, Thank you. :love: I meet with a Nurse Wednesday morning to discuss diabetic options and I hope she has a strong nutrition background.

I do need to find foods that are easier to digest right now. The other problem is vitamin K. If I continue on the warfarin, I have to plan out my vitamin k intake, and many good veggies are rich in it. SIGH! Hopefully the new doc will prescribe another anti-coagulant, that hits the clotting mechanism in another manner.

I'll look into your suggestions!