PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my Dad, please; Update p3 #41

Freedom
06-08-2012, 04:09 PM
We had to all the rescue from the Y this morning.

Dad is in ICU, with a diagnosis of severe UTI and sepsis. They had to put in a main line, he is getting fluids and 4 antibiotics.

What a day! Left home about 9:30 to go to the Y; just left the hospital at 4:30 to come see to the dogs (Tasha wants her dinner at NOON so she was barking up a storm!), get them sorted, have a shower (I had been working out, been in my sweaty stuff all day ick) and will go back for the evening. Not allowed to stay overnight, they made that clear to me.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Cataholic
06-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Prayers for your father. And for you.

pomtzu
06-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Of course Sandie - many prayers and positive vibes for your Dad, and for you too. :love: Hang in there.

Pinot's Mom
06-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Of course, prayers Sandie for you and your Dad!:love: Please keep us posted.

phesina
06-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Prayers for your dear Dad and you too, Sandie.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
06-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Prayers or you and your Dad.

Catty1
06-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Prayers, Sandie! Hopefully you can stay with him once he is out of ICU. HUGS!

Bonny
06-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Good Positive Thoughts & Prayers sent your dads way & for you too Freedom.

robinh
06-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Prayers being said for your Dad and for you.

cassiesmom
06-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Absolutely, prayers being said (((HUGS))) Please keep us posted when you can.

Scooter's Mom
06-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Keeping your dad - and you - in my prayers!

beeniesmom
06-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Hugs and prayers.

Alysser
06-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Good thoughts going out to your Dad and you, Sandie!

chocolatepuppy
06-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Prayers for your dad.

mrspunkysmom
06-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Prayers for you, dad, and family, Sandie

Varga
06-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Positive thoughts for you and your dad. Hope he has a quick and smooth recovery and is back home soon with you and the kitties and the doggies!

Randi
06-09-2012, 04:29 AM
Sending lots of positive thoughts that the treatment will help your dad and he will be back home soon.

(((hugs))) :love:

Queen of Poop
06-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Prayers and good thoughts for you both. :love::love::love:

Lilith Cherry
06-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Prayers and good thoughts to both of you, Sandie! I do hope he is much better this morning:love:

moosmom
06-09-2012, 08:40 AM
Hang in there, Sandie!! Thoughts and prayers coming from CT.

lizbud
06-09-2012, 11:43 AM
I am so sorry to hear that your Dad is so ill. Prayers for a quick & smooth recovery.
Hang in there Sandie. (((Hugs)))

caseysmom
06-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Prayers for your father and for you...sorry he is ill.

momcat
06-09-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that your Dad is so sick. Our prayers are being prayed for him and for you. If it's okay with you, I'd like to put your Dad on our prayer list at church tomorrow.

[[[[[HUGS]]]]] to you!

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both you and your dad. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Freedom
06-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Dad is in ICU for another day. Much improved, but a set back this morning, so staying put. Labs are not as good as they were yesterday. He is bright and perky and eating. Bored too, has to stay on his back what with the main line etc. Oh he can sit up and lay back, just can't get up at all. Considering yesterday he had a temp of 102.7 and was completely out of it, he is much improved. Temp is now normal at 97. Doc says it is the exercise which has allowed his body to make such good use of the medicines. Still on fluids and antibiotics via central line. Thank you for all the good wishes!

phesina
06-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Sandie, I'm so glad to hear he's doing better. Continuing prayers for him and you both.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

pomtzu
06-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the update, Sandie. Prayers that he continues to improve and will be home before too long.

krazyaboutkatz
06-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the update, Sandie. Prayers that he continues to improve and will be home before too long.

The same goes for me too.:love:

mrspunkysmom
06-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Glad to hear he is doing better!

Pinot's Mom
06-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Glad to hear he's doing better-prayers for continued improvement!

Taz_Zoee
06-10-2012, 01:42 PM
So glad to hear the good update.
Thinking of you both..........

Freedom
06-11-2012, 04:00 PM
Dad is still in ICU.

Sunday late afternoon they removed the catheter and central line, so he has a smaller one in his hand now, the more normal sort.

Overnight he had a bad time of it and he is now on oxygen. His blood pressure went over 200 / 90. He has contracted c diff while in the hospital; and he has aspiration pneumonia, with about half of his left lung filled. He felt awful this morning when I went in, hard time breathing.

Karen
06-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Sorry to hear this latest, they are so vulnerable at that age. You'll both be in our prayers.

pomtzu
06-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Prayers continuing from here in DE too. Antibiotics helped his original problem, but created another monster with the c diff. Hope they get that pneumonia under control too.

{{{HUGS}}} ~~ and hang in there.

lizbud
06-11-2012, 05:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear of this setback in your Dad's treatment. Prayers for a quick turn around & a quick recovery.

Catty1
06-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Prayers for healing and that your dad is comfortable. :love:

Killearn Kitties
06-11-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news about your dad. I hope he improves soon from the way he felt this morning.
You will both be in my thoughts.

phesina
06-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Continuing prayers for your father and you, Sandie. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
06-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear about the setback. I pray that he improves and starts feeling better today!

krazyaboutkatz
06-12-2012, 01:02 AM
I'm sorry to hear the latest news about your dad.:( I hope that his doctor can get his infection under control and that he'll feel better soon. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both of you.

Freedom
06-12-2012, 08:59 PM
I am MUCH calmer! Dad is doing well, left ICU overnight and now in a regular room. Will be discharged later this week, going to a facility for a few weeks for physical therapy, we have used this place before and very happy with it. He also needs IV antibiotics for another 14 days, so will get that there too. WHEW!
Thank you for your good thoughts.

BTW the c diff diagnosis was changed by the LAB, so he didn't have that. AND the pneumonia was not that, the docs read the x ray themselves, when the Radiology Dept came through, it was CHF - congestive heart failure. So we do have something new to cope with going forward. This serious episode of fluid was triggered by the the IV fluids, one time thing and that has been corrected. However he does have CHF, and gets short of breath now and then - even when all he is doing is sitting. We had noticed this here at home the past few weeks, had an appt set up w/ his primary doc which had to be cancelled with him in hospital; got the info we needed on that.

Geesh this has been a hectic time. I am looking forward to "boring routine" for a while! Thanks again, all of you, for listening and posting the past few days.

Karen
06-12-2012, 09:01 PM
CHF is a tough thing to battle, but at least now it has been diagnosed, and steps taken to help. We'll be thinking of you!

Catty1
06-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Thank goodness the correct diagnoses were made in the end. I am glad to hear your dad can leave the hospital! Hopefully his CHF can be treated and he can feel even better than ever. :):love:

mrspunkysmom
06-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Well now with the correct diagnoses, you and dad can proceed. Wishing him a speedy and full recovery.

cassiesmom
06-12-2012, 11:47 PM
I am MUCH calmer! Dad is doing well, left ICU overnight and now in a regular room. Will be discharged later this week, going to a facility for a few weeks for physical therapy, we have used this place before and very happy with it. He also needs IV antibiotics for another 14 days, so will get that there too. WHEW!
Thank you for your good thoughts.

BTW the c diff diagnosis was changed by the LAB, so he didn't have that. AND the pneumonia was not that, the docs read the x ray themselves, when the Radiology Dept came through, it was CHF - congestive heart failure. So we do have something new to cope with going forward. This serious episode of fluid was triggered by the the IV fluids, one time thing and that has been corrected. However he does have CHF, and gets short of breath now and then - even when all he is doing is sitting. We had noticed this here at home the past few weeks, had an appt set up w/ his primary doc which had to be cancelled with him in hospital; got the info we needed on that.

Geesh this has been a hectic time. I am looking forward to "boring routine" for a while! Thanks again, all of you, for listening and posting the past few days.

Oh, I am so glad Papa Nonno does not have C. diff! And pneumonia vs. CHF... glad you have the correct diagnosis now. I hope his stay at the rehab center will be very successful and you can enjoy your boring routine :) I'll keep praying.

gini
06-14-2012, 12:46 PM
I will offer some prayers for your Dad.

Randi
06-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Give your dad a hug all the way from Denmark and tell him to keep improving. :) He looks like such a nice man in he pictures I've seen.

Fister sends healing purrs. :love:

... and you take care, too! :love:

Freedom
06-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Thank you Randi, Gini, Elyse and all.

Dad transferred to rehab late Wednesday. Today was mostly assessments and tomorrow I go in for the meeting as they discuss the plan of action while he is there. He looks SO much better and feels ready to come home, ha haaa. Not yet though, he can't walk alone just now, needs to build up muscle again.

I bathed and trimmed the 3 dogs today and took them in for a visit this evening. That made him perk right up!

pomtzu
06-15-2012, 06:07 AM
So glad to hear that Dad is doing so much better. You know he's on the road back when he wants to come home. And I know that this is a big load off your shoulders. Now just relax a bit. That's great that the Fluffs could visit. I think a lot of facilities allow that, and are finally realizing how beneficial it is to the patient. When I broke my hip and was in rehab, pets could visit too, but I didn't have the family bring the Fuzzbuttz in since I think they would have stressed when they had to go home and leave me there. There was a Golden that came to visit his person every day - you would see him walking down the hall with the morning paper in his mouth, delivering it to his person, and again at night too. It was so cute.

phesina
06-15-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm so glad your Dad is coming along so much better, Sandie! What a load off BOTH your minds.

How sweet of you to bring the doggies to see him! I bet everyone there was tickled.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

chocolatepuppy
06-15-2012, 07:09 AM
Good to hear your dad is doing better!:)