PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Hermes & Possible Help with Another Situation

Anikaca77
06-06-2012, 02:42 PM
53789Hi All-

I know it's been a very long time since I've been posting here. Life's been crazy.

Hermes who some of you might remember whom I rescued back in 2006 has developed a really bad cough. He has a vet appt. scheduled for tomorrow so I'm hoping it's nothing serious but would appreciate any happy thoughts you can send out way. It's a very weird cough and we hope that it's nothing serious. He doesn't do it all the time maybe 3 times if that during a day.

It's just odd and not the typical cough that cats can get.

Anyway, as for the help....I started a chipin page for a mama cat and 6 kittens that I'm going to put at my parents house as soon as I can raise enough money.

Here is the situation:

I received a call from a lady asking for help because she has a very friendly mama cat and 6 kittens living outside on her front porch.

Her husband and her are renting this house and they moved in and this sweet cat was left behind. The landlord does not allow pets due to the previous owners so this sweet friendly cat can't understand why she isn't allowed indoors. She meows but they can't let her in.

After a few weeks of them feeding her, one day the lady got home from work and discovered that the friendly cat had 6 kittens. They were living under a shed until mama cat brought them up onto their porch and they have been living there for a couple of weeks now.

We would like to bring the mama cat and kittens indoors but we need funds in order to provide vet care (combo tests, exams, shots), food, litter, etc.

We are hoping to raise $200 so that we can get them the proper vet care then adopt them all out. Thank you, even if you can share our link we'd appreciate it. I did have 1 rescue contact me back and said that they will send $25. So that will help with the exam of the mom.

http://newringgold.chipin.com/homeless-mama-and-kittens

Thanks,
Melissa

Karen
06-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Prayers on the way for Hermes, and it's good to have you back.

phesina
06-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Prayers and loving thoughts and healing energies for Hermes.. and also that the mama and babies get the help they need.

Good to hear from you again, Melissa!

God bless all,

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

catmandu
06-07-2012, 09:37 AM
We are sending all of Our Prayers for Hermes that he can beat this cough.
He is such a Good Cat and we hope that all is well soon.:love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
06-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Hope Hermes feels better. Hope that you can get them homes.

Anikaca77
06-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Hermes went to the vets and he was such a little champ. The vet listened to his lungs and said it sounded clear and it's all in his upper so it's an URI which it just didn't sound like one I've ever heard but we'll see hopefully he will improve. The big thing is, they gave him liquid because Hermes has really really bad periodontal disease and he needs a dental done but of course we can't do that while he is sick.

The estimate for part of his teeth to be removed is $450. Poor guy, his mouth looks so sore so I hate giving him this meds but I'm going to check with the vet to see if I can mix it in canned food but I'm pretty sure the taste is just so nasty that he won't want the canned food.

Prayers that Hermes continues to do well.

Thanks,
Melissa