PDA

View Full Version : Lost bird gives address to police

kaycountrygal
06-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Hi,
I just read this on the internet. A lost parakeet told police his address. Isnt that amazing? His owner had taught him his address. Smart bird-smart owner.

http://www.takepart.com/2012/05/04/lost-parakeet-tells-police-his-address

Freedom
06-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Oh I LOVE this story!! The kindly hotel guest who turned the bird in to the police, the police who held the bird till he decided to speak and the owner who made it all happen! ;)

Karen
06-02-2012, 01:45 PM
We teach our children their address, so it stands to reason we should teach parrots, too! Great story!

happylabs
06-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Oh I LOVE this story!! The kindly hotel guest who turned the bird in to the police, the police who held the bird till he decided to speak and the owner who made it all happen! ;)

How about it! I love news like this! :)

snakemama
06-02-2012, 06:43 PM
What a sweet story! Good birdy, telling the police ho to get you home! I hope you had a nice big millet waiting for you!

Lillycat
06-02-2012, 07:49 PM
......with lots of kind souls along the way.....

chocolatepuppy
06-02-2012, 10:53 PM
What a great story!:)

kuhio98
06-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Great story! Very smart bird (and owner).

I read a similar story a few years ago where the bird (I forget what kind) started immitating a phone answering machine. Between mimicking the rings, beeps and clicks, he rattled off his phone number. The person who found the bird called the number and reunited the bird with his owner. Turns out, the bird's cage was located very near the phone. So, he was used to hearing the phone message over and over and had loved to repeat it.

Randi
06-03-2012, 12:06 PM
What a great story, I love it!

When I was 4 or 5 my mom took me shopping and I got lost. So someone called the police and lucklily I could tell them my address, so I was driven home in a police car! :D My mom was still running around looking for me.