PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for my Bonnie

ChrisH
11-17-2002, 06:11 PM
My sweetie Bonnie is ill and I am very worried about her. :( Unless there is a great improvement overnight I plan to take her to the vets tommorow. That in itself is worrying, for I am afraid that the stress of that alone may be enough to tip her over the edge. My son is taking us by car and to lessen the trauma for her I will leave her in her cage, covered of course.
Combined Pet Talk prayers are powerful, please will you all pray for her to be well again?
Thank you.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid29/pb395976fdb00168b92ec5a9a9b690779/fd62ec25.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
11-17-2002, 06:52 PM
Prayers are on the way for you and sweet Bonnie. Please keep us updated when you can.

Pam
11-17-2002, 06:56 PM
Same here! Hope Bonnie will start feeling better soon.

tatsxxx11
11-17-2002, 07:04 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Chris:( All of us here are sending you and Bonnie our mightiest prayers. We'll be thinking of you. Please let us know. Give a gentle kiss to Bonnie, please.

luckies4me
11-17-2002, 07:32 PM
May I ask what is wrong with her? From the pic it looks as if she may have scaly face? Might just be the pic though. Either way prayers are on the way for your sweet Bonnie to get well fast. :)

anna_66
11-17-2002, 07:50 PM
Prayers on the way for your sweet Bonnie. I hope she feels better soon.
Please keep us updated on her.

Sudilar
11-17-2002, 10:34 PM
Prayers for Bonnie on the way.

delidog
11-17-2002, 10:52 PM
Dear Bonnie,
Of course you are in our prayers...Get Well Soon!!!!
Bob...keep her warm and comfortable!!!!!
Hope that all goes well at the Vet

zippy-kat
11-18-2002, 12:48 AM
Prayers are on the way!

lynnestankard
11-18-2002, 04:27 AM
Chris - so sorry to hear Bonnie's not feeling well. Of course I'm going to hold her in my thoughts. Hope all goes well at the Vet.
Have you been yet and what was the outcome? {{{{Hugs}}}} to you and Bonnie. xxxx

Lynne

ChrisH
11-18-2002, 07:36 AM
Thank you all so much. Bonnie is a teeny bit brighter today, I think your prayers and thoughts are helping already.

luckies for me - no it is not scaly face, the pic is an old and maybe not so good one. I have more than one idea of what is wrong, could be reproductive, or, and I hope I am wrong about this, some sort of growth or tumour. For sure it is something I cannot help her with, I just pray the vet can.

Lynne, as you must have guessed, no we haven`t been yet, I plan to take her in around 3 hours, around 4.30pm.

I will let update you all later. Once again, thanks for your concern, it means a lot.

Chris

ChrisH
11-18-2002, 11:54 AM
Bad news. It was a tumour and there was nothing could be done. I couldn`t see her suffer and I agreed for her be put to sleep. I can`t stop the tears. I am going now to read through some other posts on the board to occupy my mind. It hurts.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-18-2002, 12:12 PM
Poor Bonnie and Poor you. This is the hard part of loving an animal. Bonnie is at the Rainbow Bridge now and well and happy while she waits for you to meet her there someday. Prayers are on the way for you both.

lynnestankard
11-18-2002, 12:28 PM
So sorry Chris. Such a sad decision to make. {{{Hugs}}}}

Lynne

tatsxxx11
11-18-2002, 12:32 PM
I'm so sorry, Chris:(:( I'm sure you did the best thing for your Bonnie, but it doesn't lessen the pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your beautiful Bonnie. Spread your wings and soar, beautiful girl. You and your Mommy will be together again one happy day. {{{hugs}}} Love, Sandra

Sudilar
11-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Chris, my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry Bonnie had to leave. I know how much it hurts. She will live on in your heart forever. {{{HUG}}}

sasvermont
11-18-2002, 12:36 PM
Chris, so sorry to hear about your dearest Bonnie. You did the right thing and now she is happy and resting in peace and comfort. My heart goes out to you at a time like this. It is difficult for sure.

All of us will need to go through this process ourselves. Pets are wonderful friends and they too must pass into the other world. Who knows, maybe we will all meet up at some point. If that is true, I wonder if all my pets will remember me!

((((((((((((((((((Chris)))))))))))))))))))))

anna_66
11-18-2002, 12:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet Bonnie:(
You are in our thoughts and prayers
Anna

zippy-kat
11-18-2002, 12:54 PM
Words can never really contain our sorrow for loved ones passed. However, a small note from a friend, knowing they are there is comforting.

Unfortunately the grieving process is something we must work thru by ourselves--but know that you have 24/7 on-call friends, should you need us.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

{{hugs}}

Logan
11-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Oh, Chris, I just saw this post, after being away, most of the weekend. Your Bonnie looked so much like my Milly. My heart is breaking for you. :( Please know that you will continue to be in my prayers.

Logan

Aspen and Misty
11-18-2002, 02:37 PM
Chris, I just wanted to tell you again how sorry I am. Bob will help you through this. It was for the best. She's living happy eating all of her fav food and flying around at the rainbow bridge.

::hug::
Ash

ChrisH
11-18-2002, 04:26 PM
Thank you all so very much. I have lost quite a number of pets in my life, and people too, unfair I think sometimes. I thought I could not bear it again, but you are all helping me get through this, just knowing all of you are there and understand is helping so much.
Thanks
Chris

popcornbird
11-18-2002, 06:03 PM
Oh no!!!! :(:(:( I only saw this post right now! I am soooooooo upset! :( Bonnie was such a sweet little tiel. Poor thing had to go so soon. :( She was so adorable. *sniff* Poor baby. :( I am so sorry for your loss! May I ask what the symptoms were? I hope you don't mind. I know you had Bonnie for many years and she was a treasure in your eyes. It was her time to go and now she is in a better place. I always loved seeing Bonnie's pics and her sweet face, and I am totally heart-broken. Its hard to believe we won't be hearing from Bonnie again. :( Popcorn and Muffin send their condolences for the loss of their beloved friend. I know no words can heal the pain in your heart, but hopefully time and your pup will help your heart heal. I just don't know what to say. This is so sad and it happened so sudden. I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Cookiebaker
11-18-2002, 07:00 PM
Oh, Chris, I am so sorry. We will certainly keep you in our thoughts & prayers. I hope that you will find comfort when you need it the most. Bonnie is flying free at the Rainbow Bridge soaring at the top of a mountain, and landing in a tall apple tree bursting with blossoms, and she whistles her thanks for setting her free from pain.

Cincy'sMom
11-18-2002, 08:30 PM
Sorry about the loss of your dear Bonnie. I never seem to be able to find the right words when someone looses a pet, but you are in my thoughts and prayers

Uabassoon
11-19-2002, 01:50 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Bonnie. I know how hard it is to lose a pet when they are that close to your heart. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

AmberLee
11-19-2002, 02:01 AM
Oh {{{Chris}}},

So sorry to hear of your loss. You did the best for {{{Bonnie}}}, but you must be hurting right now. I will (heck, I'm certain we most all will) continue to hold you and your family and Bonnie in our prayers. If talking about her would help you, feel free to share here at Pet Talk.

Regards

ChrisH
11-19-2002, 01:44 PM
Thank you everbody.
Today has been hard. It is somehow like my world has shifted a little and everthing seems slightly out of place. For 8 and a half years Bonnie was part of my world and her not being anymore is still sort of unbelieveable. For a good number of those years she and her cage have occupied the same part of the kitchen, it is her place. It is the room I use the most, I sit and and read, do all sorts of stuff beside cooking and eating, so now there is this big gap, not physically, for that space can be filled, no, it is her not being there that can`t be filled. Last night she was not there when I went to say goodnight, not there this morning when I went to greet her, not there when I went to say goodbe when I went out, not there to say hello to when I came home again. She is not there just behind my left shoulder as I eat or read, no sound of her running up and down in excitement at the squeek when I open the cupboard door, knowing she will get some cereal or crisps. No shout from her because she want her cover on or off... the day and night has had all of these holes and more. Oh, Pet Talkers, I know from experience the hurt will lessen in time, and those peculiar silences will become the norm. But she will never, ever be replaced in my heart, nor do I ever plan to replace her in reality with another bird, for I don`t think I can nor do I want to.

Thank you for reading, thank you, every one of you, for your thoughts and prayers and hugs. Each one of you have helped so much.

Love
Chris

ChewmonkeyBC
11-19-2002, 02:52 PM
O Im so sorry ChrisH :(

::::Hugs::::
and big wet sloppy licks from Sport&Chewy:P

Im sure Bonnie is having a good time over Rainbow bridge..

-Kay

FCR:)

gini
11-20-2002, 10:47 AM
Dear Chris,

My internet service has been down since Sunday, so I did not see your posts until today, Wednesday.

I don't think there is a Pet Talker around who does not fully understand your loss and pain. I recall reading how you obtained Bonnie and know how much you loved her.

Please allow me to extend my deepest sympathy in your loss.

I hope that in time you might reconsider and get another bird as you enjoyed Bonnie so much.

But in the meantime - let me reach out and just give you a hug.

Gini (and Rascal)

ChrisH
11-20-2002, 12:11 PM
Thank you gini, for the sympathy and the hug, very much appreciated. Glad you were able to get back online.

Thank you all. Still a lot of tears to go but, as most of you know, its just going to take time.

Chris

Vermontcat
11-21-2002, 03:20 PM
I am a little slow in getting to this thread, just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and your sweet little Bonnie bird.:(
I am so sorry about your loss.

HoRsELUvR
12-15-2002, 01:42 PM
wow,poor Bonnie.and poor you!im sorry to hear about your bird.my deepest sympathies to you.:(