PDA

View Full Version : spraying boy

catnapper
05-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Mikey is back to spraying. I have caught him every day this week. It seems as if he waits to do it in front of me because there are no spots anywhere else. He backs up to an object and pees. There is no odor to his pee either.

He has been on prescription food for a couple months and he sees the vet tomorrow.

I just find it odd that he seems to WANT me to esee him spray -- and the fact that his pee doesn't smell like normal. We all know how pungent cat pee is.... and his urine is currently odorless.

Karen
05-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Sounds like he is trying to tell you something! Cats may not speak English, but they do communicate!

Freedom
05-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Good that you have the vet appt as that would be the first thing to do. They will likely want a urine sample.

After that, I guess you know the drill, keeping him in a smaller space, trying to retrain to the box. I wish cat diapers were as easy as belly bands for male dogs. :rolleyes:

catnapper
05-30-2012, 09:07 PM
I don't know what to think of Mikey. He will go right in front of me. He will use the box when I'm not home. Then *poof* ignore the box in favor of peeing in front of me in places he shouldn't.

Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter isn't attracting him -- it didn't work for Allen either. And thats what has me worried. He's doing exactly what allen did AND his pee doesn;t smell like Allen's didn't. I fear his kidneys are comprimised.

mrspunkysmom
05-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Best wishes for you and Mikey.

catmandu
05-31-2012, 09:39 AM
That is a coincedence as Miquelito :love: has been doing the same thing lately , I think that the number of just recently spayed Cats in his home have my Orange Friend upset:love::love:
He will not fight, but his nose shall we say is out of joint:eek::eek:

catnapper
05-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Mikey still has crystals, but no infection. So he is to continue the special food, and will now take happy pills to mellow him out. My poor little boy.

phesina
05-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Here's hoping the medication will help. Prayers and lovies are being sent for Mikey and you.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: