PDA

View Full Version : CONNECTICUT: TASHA, SEAL POINT - Will be put to sleep if not rescued by June 8

phesina
05-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Subject: Re: Tasha- 12 year old gorgeous declawed female- if not saved will be put to sleep very, very soon!!!
Connecticut: Transport Available!!!!!

Dick and Patricia Kelsey are moving to Phoenix, Arizona very, very soon. They will not take their 12 year old, beautiful declawed cat Tasha with them. He is putting her to sleep very, very soon. If you, or if you know anyone who will save Tasha from euthanization. please contact them ASAP. She does not have much longer.

Their number is 860-335-6669. Thank you!!

UPDATE ON TASHA: I spoke with Dick about Tasha. She was a rescue he took from the Humane Society in Florida when she was a kitten. According to him, she is part Tonkinese. She is healthy and up-to-date on her shots. She loves women and sits on his wife's lap. She sleeps on the bed with them at night. They are afraid that she would not do well on their drive to AZ. They are moving closer to their kids and will be spending a lot of time with their grandchildren. Tasha is afraid of the kids. She has not lived with another pet but he thinks she would be fine with cats as she is very laid back and would probably hide rather than be aggressive. Time frame: the house closing is June 11th. He is planning on having her put to sleep the Friday before (June 8).

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP HERE!! She is a beautiful cat, and as you are all thinking, sure doesn't deserve death just because she is used to a quiet home.
- Sandra Tilley

pomtzu
05-25-2012, 04:51 PM
I hope and pray that she finds a loving home. How could anyone have her PTS for these reasons, especially since she has been with them since she was a kitten. AARRGGGHHHHH!!!!! :mad:

Freedom
05-25-2012, 08:20 PM
What she said

phesina
05-25-2012, 08:57 PM
GOOD NEWS! -

She has been picked up by another rescue in New England, She is safe but will still need a forever home. Please contact [email protected] for details about adopting. :)

moosmom
05-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Great job, Pat!!! I was SERIOUSLY thinking about it. Devil on one shoulder, angel on the other. Unfortunately, the decision was unanimous. I'd like to, but I just can't. Glad to hear she's safe now. People who kill their pets because it's no longer convenient make me sick.:mad::mad: