PDA

View Full Version : Dogs and Cats can Play

purrley
01-14-2002, 10:15 AM
My Chihuahua (Tess) and Braydee my year old tabby love to play with each other. Braydee is three times the size of Tess and I have such fun watching these two wrestle around. Braydee gets Tess in a headlock and straddels her having his big mouth around her neck - at first this scared me to death. I thought he was hurting her - but he's just playing and she just loves it. Tess likes to tease Braydee by biting his tail and his feet and chases him all over the place. What an entertaining pair they are :D

Dixieland Dancer
01-14-2002, 12:45 PM
We got Dixie a cat as a companion when she was suffering from seperation anxiety before she had puppies. They became best friends and slept together, played together and groomed each other. Now that Dusty is in the picture, Marty (the cat) and Dusty are buds. They play for hours and like you, I was nervous at first because Dusty actually puts Marties whole head in his mouth. But he is gentle and they are playing. If Marty was in distress he could go down the cat hole in our basement door but he never does. Dixie and Marty still groom each other but it is Marty and Dusty who are playmates now. LOL

aly
01-14-2002, 01:24 PM
Shiloh and Reece chase each other and have wrestling sessions every day. When people are over visiting, they are entertained for hours by this. Lolly usually sits watching them with one paw up, head tilted to one side, whining and whining because she doesn't know what that mean cat is doing to her doggy friend, hehe. She knows she's not supposed to go break them up like she has tried in the past though.

slleipnir
01-14-2002, 02:46 PM
Aww :] At the barn I ride at, there is a dog, and a few cats. Theres a young gray cat that used to curl up on the dog, and clean her! It was the cutest thing!!! I mostly saw dogs trying to like attack the cats

LoudLou
01-15-2002, 05:55 PM
Louie (Corgi) has 2 Meezer sibs, Princess Mocha Bean and Garbonzo Bean they play Tag and Suprise Attack. They play really well together although at times a bit rambunctious, you'd think they were a herd of elephants!

lbaker
01-20-2002, 09:26 AM
I now have six dogs, two cats and two kittens and they all think they are litter mates and play all the time :D The kittens especially go out in the yard and play "tag" with the dogs:rolleyes: When my older cats were kittens one of my dogs was a puppy the same age and he used to go up to the kittens and carry them around by picking them up like a momma cat...they didn't mind at all (although it used to freak out visitors that would see a young dog walking around with a kitten hanging out of his mouth :rolleyes: :D) laurie

Kfamr
02-08-2002, 11:43 PM
Lady is beautiful! My aunt has a doggie just like her... her name is Tela Lea (Tee-luh lay) She doesnt like Simba though. Shes a really good dog though!