PDA

View Full Version : Hi honeys, we're home!

Pinot's Mom
05-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Ah, we had a WONDERFUL time on our anniversary trip! As some know, Coop and I went to Key West (Florida) for our 30th. This is totally out of the norm for us; we don't "do" warm weather vacations. There was the added element that I had no idea of the specifics; I chose the location and Coop did the rest. Boy did he surprise me! The first stop (which I knew) was two days with my father in the Hernando Beach area. Stop two was Key West. I grew up sailing and have had not much to do with it in years. Coop chartered a 37' sailboat for three days - night one at the dock in Key West Harbor(alone), next day at sea with snorkeling,a great sunset, a captain and private chef (moored overnight), then coming back at noon or so the next day for a final night at the dock (alone). We then moved on to an excellent B&B, about two blocks away, for three nights. We had a great time, Pinot will never forgive us, if anyone wants any Key West recommendations....let me know.. :)

Bengalz
05-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Awesome!!!! What a sweet romantic Coop is:love::love:. I am so happy for you both to be celebrating 30 years together:D. Little Miss Pinot may have her pretty little nose out of joint for a second;) but I'm sure she knows how lucky she is to having a loving mommy and daddy:D.

mrspunkysmom
05-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time. Princess Pinot will come around.

Karen
05-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Sounds wonderful, glad you had a great time!

Felicia's Mom
05-16-2012, 05:56 AM
Welcome back! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.:D

Cataholic
05-16-2012, 06:30 AM
What an awesome trip!

moosmom
05-16-2012, 06:55 AM
Welcome back!!! I want to know how you liked Key West. I've been there a couple times. Did you go to the Hemingway House???? Did you watch the sunset at the docks? I want to hear ALL about it!!! Tell me what you thought.

phesina
05-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Wow! Sounds like a FANTASTIC trip. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.

Happy 30 years of marriage! A fine accomplishment in this day and age. And sending good wishes to Ms. Pinot that she forgives you soon.

happylabs
05-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Wow...what a great trip. Do you have photos to share?

What kind of yummy food did you have?

Poor Pinot. She will forgive and forget. :)

cassiesmom
05-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Dear Pinot, I am very glad your people are home! Did you smell other kitties in their luggage from the Hemingway house? Are you giving them the silent treatment, or are you giving them tons of purrs and head bumpies to welcome them home? I hope you get your usual outside time and things return to normal (you're in charge) soon!

I am so glad they had a wonderful time on their vacation! It sounds terrific from what your meowmie described!

pomtzu
05-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a dream vacation to me! So glad you had a wonderful time. Welcome home!

Pinot's Mom
05-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Welcome back!!! I want to know how you liked Key West. I've been there a couple times. Did you go to the Hemingway House???? Did you watch the sunset at the docks? I want to hear ALL about it!!! Tell me what you thought.

We loved it! Went to The Hemingway House, but just took pictures from outside, The Truman Little White House, toured the free part and outside, went to the Butterfly Conservatory (HIGHLY recommended!), went to a very friendly Presbyterian Church (Trinity), several restaurants (including Blue Heaven - LOVED!), lots of walking through neighborhoods and taking pictures, went to the Sunset Celebration (when there wasn't a sunset, but that was OK, still fun), went to the 'Southernmost Point', hokey-but must be done. Our best Sunset was on the boat! Gorgeous! We discovered 'Key West Pink Shrimp' - OMG that is one ADDICTIVE food! There were roosters, chickens and some kitties everywhere. Funny, the roosters will stand in the middle of a crosswalk and dare someone to make them move. ;) Our B&B was Key West Harbor Inn, again, HIGHLY recommended.

moosmom
05-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Pinot's Mom,

I went to the sunset celebration and it was SO much fun! There were a boat full of college guys sailing past us. All of them MOONED us!!!:eek::eek:

The Hemingway House is awesome!! We took the full tour. I was in HEAVEN with all those cats! I had the best(my first ever) keylime pie too. I want so much to go back.

Sounds like you had a very romantic 2nd honeymoon! ;)