PDA

View Full Version : Till we meet again, Baby Chestnut

Freedom
05-15-2012, 06:42 PM
My Baby Chestnut is gone to Rainbow Bridge. He was one very sick little kitty at the end.

Dear Sunny Boy, I am so sorry the end was so hard. I feel I let you down; I tried so hard to set you free, and it seemed I hit obstacles everywhere I turned. But I got you free, in the end. I know Vita will be there to meet you, and give your ears the "lick, lick, lick, NIP!" she always did to you, lol. Always the same, 3 licks and then the little nip. And Amber will be happy to see you so you 2 orangies can snuggle together, again.

Sparkle will miss you here, you were HER cat, after all, not mine. Whisper to her, now and again. I have a sneaking suspicion she will be joining you before too long.

You were such a good boy, always willing to do whatever I asked: "get down," or "come here." Of course, with plenty of back talk, if it was not what you wanted to do, ha haa! I am going to miss your constant chatter and back talk, along with that flicking tail. Love you always, my little boy.

Scooter's Mom
05-15-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm so sorry, Sandie. You're heart is heavy, I know.. but so full of love too.
((Hugs)) to you.

phesina
05-15-2012, 07:22 PM
Oh, I am so very sorry.

Rest in peace, dearest darling beloved Chestnut, at the Bridge.

Hugs and prayers and tears, Sandie and Dom and kitties and doggies,

Love from Pat and cats :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
05-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Rest in peace, handsome one. Know you were loved and send you mom some purrs in her dreams so she knows you are now pain-free.

Catty1
05-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Dearest beloved Chestnut - Sandie, HUGS. This is just too much. :(

Rest easy, dear Chestnut - free and happy and healthy at the Bridge, with so many friends waiting for you.

Sandie - not that it matters now - but did anyone figure out what was wrong?

Hug your furbabies and you can comfort each other.:love:

Freedom
05-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Candace, it was clear that what ever it was, was terminal, so I chose not to spend the money to have an ultrasound. He would have needed anesthesia and wasn't likely to survive that. It was likely cancer - multiple tumors, on liver, spleen etc, and they were bursting and bleeding. The other possibility was liver disease - the anemia - but with so much going on, the original vet thought multiple tumors more likely.

He lost SO much muscle from Saturday today, and was lethargic, extremely low blood pressure.

Felicia's Mom
05-15-2012, 08:13 PM
I am sorry Sandie. He will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.

Freedom
05-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Thank you.

Chestnut grew to be a BIG boy, but he was always "Baby Chestnut" to me. His baby photos are in this thread:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?116030-Chestnut-baby-pics-from-1998

Bengalz
05-15-2012, 09:27 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Chestnut's passing. Please take some solace in knowing he is no longer in pain.

Rest in peace sweet boy.

Pinot's Mom
05-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Sandie, I'm so sorry, my heart breaks for you as well. I don't know what else to say. :(

Godspeed, dear Chestnut. :love:

Catty1
05-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Sandie thanks for sharing the kitten pictures. Just SOOO cute - I can see why he landed smack in the middle of your heart with a big THUNK! :D

Wishing you more happy memories as the days pass. HUGS.:love:

cassiesmom
05-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to read this news. ((((HUGS)))

krazyaboutkatz
05-16-2012, 01:01 AM
Sandie, I'm so sorry for your loss.:( Chestnut was such a handsome boy and such an adorable kitten too. RIP sweet boy.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Kirsten
05-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Oh Sandie, I'm so very sorry! :( Breaks my heart to read about his passing, and about his final days, which must have been so difficult for both of you. (((HUGS)))

Chestnut is free now and out of pain. :love:

Cataholic
05-16-2012, 06:28 AM
I am so very sorry. This all just breaks my heart, and I can only imagine the grief in yours. RIP, Baby Chestnut, you were much, much, much loved. Hugs to you, Sandie.

Queen of Poop
05-16-2012, 07:35 AM
HUGS!

I am so sorry for your loss. And so sorry that you're having another one. You're Baby Chestnut knows he was loved and all was done that could be for him. He was very lucky to have had you for his Meowmie. I'm sure he's looking down at you going "yep, that's my mom, she was the greatest!". :love::love::love:

pomtzu
05-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Sandie - I'm at a loss for words right now. So much sadness in such a short period of time. My heart goes out to you.

RIP Baby Chestnut. You grew from an adorable tiny baby, to a very handsome boy. Find your sibs that went before you and play hard at RB while you wait for that grand reunion - one fine day. :love:

{{{Hugs}}} and peace to you and your Dad, Sandie. :love:

CultureJunky
05-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Sandra, I'm sorry that you've had to lose Chestnut now after everything you've been through with the two dogs. I'm thinking of you and all the sadness that has come your way recently. It never rains but it pours as they say.
Sending good thoughts and wishes to you... xx

Kate, Kevin, Sunny, Xavier & Houdini

Killearn Kitties
05-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Oh Chestnut, you will be brightening up the bridge for sure with your wonderful good looks. :love: What a beautiful baby you were sweetheart. Play happily, free from pain and illness.
Look after meowmie for us. She has been through too much recently.

smokey the elder
05-16-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm so sorry about Chestnut. It is very hard to extend that final kindness to one's precious pet.:love:

Edwina's Secretary
05-16-2012, 10:20 AM
I am so sorry about Chesnut! I looked through his baby pics - what an adorable little scamp he was! Godspeed Chesnut and my condolences Sandie.

katladyd
05-16-2012, 12:22 PM
RIP dear Chestnut. I have no words right now, just tears.:( Do know that he is waiting for you, happy, healthy, and no longer in pain.:love:

phesina
05-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Thank you.

Chestnut grew to be a BIG boy, but he was always "Baby Chestnut" to me. His baby photos are in this thread:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?116030-Chestnut-baby-pics-from-1998

I just looked at the darling pictures of dearest Chestnut as a wee tiny baby! God bless you, Sandie, for the long, wonderful life you've given him.

He is healthy and whole again now at the Bridge, with so many other friends, all there to greet you and welcome you HOME ... One Fine Day..

Love from us all, :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Freedom
05-16-2012, 03:45 PM
I too enjoyed looking at his baby photos, when I pulled up that thread yesterday. What guy he was! :love:

mrspunkysmom
05-16-2012, 10:37 PM
So sorry to hear of Chestnut's passing. Rest easy and play hard at the Bridge, handsome fella. :love:

Taz_Zoee
05-17-2012, 09:37 AM
That was so nice looking at the old thread of Baby Chestnut. I know how difficult this time is for you and I know you will take peace in knowing Chestnut is reunited with his big bro Amber and also Vita.

RIP Chestnut

emily_the_spoiled
05-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Rest In Peace Chestnut :( You are now healthy, happy, and waiting for meowmie at the RB.

issop
05-17-2012, 10:59 AM
rest in peace at the rainbow brisge where all good kitties go and all the animals of the earth when they go home.. i love all kitties like there my own.. go dance in the morning dew which quenches the thirst and the bright sun that shine without end and where the night turns into day.. dearest chectnut have fund and play hard and eat well whicl you wait for your earth parenat and brothers and sisters to come home to join you at the golden colourful rainbow where you crossed the bridge into love joy peace and contintment.. we all love you.. we might shed a tear for your passing but it is you who worries about those you left behind in your journy to the rainbow bridge of heavens gate.. 20120517.0859

Freedom
05-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Issop, that is lovely and has me all teary eyed again.

Thank you all for posting and sharing thoughts of my boy.

prechrswife
05-17-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm so sorry...:(

Lilith Cherry
05-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Goodbye and God speed sweet little Chestnut boy! Have a lovely peaceful and joyou8s time at the RB while you wait for ev veryone in your family, I am so sorry sorry for your loss Sandie and I am thinking of you.:love:

catmandu
05-18-2012, 09:20 AM
We are so sorry to hear about Chestnut, it is hard to have a Cat Companion for many years and then suddenly they grow older and are gone.
Chestnut is an Angel now with his wings of silver and gold and will be visiting you once in a while to make sure that you are all right.
Chestnut will make a fine Guardian Angel Cat to the younger Awesome Angels, and will find a place in Paradise where you will all be together in love.
One Fine Day:love:

Freedom
05-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Thank you Gary, and Preacher's Wife, for posting.

chocolatepuppy
05-19-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Chestnut. :( I've not been able to get online and hurried to look for his thread, hoping not to find it here. He's happy at the RB, I'm sure. {hugs}

robinh
05-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Sandie, I am so sorry to hear this. You've had such a hard time lately. Godspeed Chestnut . . . play free at the bridge.

Freedom
05-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Thank you both. :(