PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Reid

fritz03
05-12-2012, 02:04 PM
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/1/1133242/reid1.jpgA picture of singer Johnny Reid from his concert at the General Motors Centre in Oshawa Thursday night.This picture was taken by the daughter of Mom's hairdresser who works the,I got permission to use some of them,my camera's battery conked out,was not happy about it,had to take it back for a second time,next time it happens,I want a new one.it was a sold out show,probably 7000-8,000 there,he had a opening act Carolyn Dawn Johnson do a 30 minute set,she later sang a duet with him called Baby,I Know It from Johnny's new CD Fire It Up,he also did a duet for the title song with the song's co-writer Allan Frew who was the former lead singer of Glass Tiger and is also Scottish.Johnny was born in Scotland,came to Canada at 13,got into music,ended up in Nashville,has a farm outside of Nashville in Franklin, Tennessee where he lives with his wife and 4 children,they were all there,he did 1 song on a small stage in the middle of the arena floor ,holding on to his little girl,the song was I'm Gonna Try and Change the World.he is quite a entertainer,at one point ,he went out on the arena floor singing and signing autographs,also did that onstage as well then wnet up the aisle on the other side of the arena ,singing around ,the boards and up at out aisle,not 10 feet from him,wish I had my camera,back down to the arena floor and onto the stage,stopped and sang for some ladies,most ere seniors..He had quite band with him,3 guitarists,a keyboard player ,drummer,a percussionist who played bongos,maracas,a sax and a washboard,a fiddle player and another 2 saxophonists and a trombone player up above the stage plus 2 backup singers.The lighting was great as well,had firecrackers going off and and flames shooting up,on 3 songs he had the audience singing with him,thought it was over,people were cheering and they came out for an encore and they did Till We Meet Again,the last song on Fire It Up would go and see him again,Mom would,Marlene and Marlene's friend Betty Bowker.he started out wearing a White jacket with Red pants and white shoes,later switched to a Black jacket.Another time during the show,he wore a Tam o' Shanter,a Scottish bonnet worn by men,had a pom pom on top,had a wig attached to it,looked amusing.