PDA

View Full Version : Recipes - pork

Randi
05-11-2012, 11:09 AM
This is what I'll make this evening, an old traditional dish that my mother and grandmother also made. Most danes love it! I didn't as a child.

I normally make it on a pan, but his time I'll try in the oven.

You can see pictures here, and below, I'll post a Goggle translate, which may be a bit "funny". :D

http://www.dk-kogebogen.dk/opskrifter/visopskrift.php?id=5152

Fried pork with Parsley sauce and potatoes.

Cut pork belly into ½ inch thick slices if you want crispy bacon. Thick slices often pork, which is soft inside. Pat the slices dry with paper towels.

On a pan:
Heat the pan well up. Put the slices in the pan, and brown them ½ -1 min. on each side. Reduce to medium heat and fry them golden and crispy. Turn the slices often. Add slices of fat absorbent paper. Sprinkle with salt. If the meat is very lean, it may be necessary with a little oil on from the start.

In the oven:
Put the slices on a rack over a roasting pan with aluminum foil on the bottom. This facilitates cleaning. Place it in the top half of a cold oven and turn on 200 degrees.

Sauce:
Whisk flour and 1 cup milk for leveling in a heavy-based saucepan. Whisk the remaining milk in. Bring the sauce to the boil while whisking and let it simmer approx. 5 min. Add a little vegetable stock and a pinch of sugar for taste and season with salt and pepper. Add rinsed, chopped parsley when you turn it off. Some grind a little nutmeg into the sauce, also.

Karen
05-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Turn the slices often. Add slices of fat absorbent paper. Sprinkle with salt.

Must be the translation - but that looks like you add the fat-absorbant paper right into the pan! That might get kinda messy!

(I'm sure it means "removed from pan, place on paper towel to drain some of the fat" THEN sprinkle with salt.)

Randi
05-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Uhh, that would be quite messy, and yes you'e right, put the slices on papertowel after they are fried. Most of the fat should be melted off, however.

I just had mine, they were yummy and crisp, but it did take longer in the oven.