PDA

View Full Version : Kyubey to the white coats

snakemama
05-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Backing up a bit, Wiggles died a few days ago. He was exposed to a URI from another kitten, caught it, and passed away despite receiving antibiotics and palliative treatment. That makes five foster kittens this year who I've lost, and I'm done fostering for awhile. I've had a hard time talking about it.

Kyubey's been a little sneezy and very tired for a few days, so I'm taking him in this afternoon. I was careful to keep the kittens away from my adult cats, but Kyubey has a knack for being where he shouldn't, and I did find him asleep next to the entrance of Wiggles' carrier a couple of times, so he was exposed to the infection. It was like he wanted to keep the little fellow company. :love: Hopefully he kicks whatever this is quickly, but for my own peace of mind I want him to be checked out. It's so unlike him to be sleeping all the time! He hasn't even been waking me up at 3am by thundering up and down the stairs. :(

Sadly, I'm switching vets. I called my regular vet's office yesterday to schedule an appointment, and I was informed that their new doctor, Dr. D*****, would be in today. I used to work with Dr. D*****, and I DO NOT LIKE HER. Dr. D***** treated my sister in law so badly when THEY worked together that my sister eventually complained to their corporate office and Dr. D***** was fired from the practice. Dr. D***** also has eyes ONLY for her patients and has no empathy towards their owners at all. While I appreciate the drive to do what's best for your patients, their owners need to be treated respectfully also. I am very sad to hear that she's working for the clinic I've been loving and sending my customers to. Luckily for me, when I mentioned the situation to one of my regular customers she pointed me at her vet, who she was excited to say recently opened his own practice. She's been taking her dogs to him for almost 30 years! I looked him up, and his yelp reviews are nearly perfect and his new practice is less than a block from my house!

Karen
05-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Awww, condolences for Wiggles. Hopefully this new vet will work out for you, and Kyubey can be on the mend in no time.

snakemama
05-10-2012, 05:13 PM
We're back, and I must say I am VERY impressed with our new vet! The office seems to run at a snail's pace, but I'm fine with that.

Looks like Kyubey does have the beginnings of a URI. Boo. He's running a low grade fever, but there's no noise from his lungs. We got some amoxi just in case, and the doctor said to call if either of the other cats start showing signs and he'll get some more amoxi without having to bring them in.

Laura's Babies
05-10-2012, 05:44 PM
May Kyubey recover fast and not get any sicker than he is right now..

Sorry you lost Wiggles. You have my deepest sympathies.

mrspunkysmom
05-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Kyubey, please get better fast. :love: Sorry to hear about wiggles.

Catty1
05-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Glad Kyubey will be ok. :love:

Wiggles seemed so feisty! But wee ones like him are so fragile when it comes to URI's.:(

Glad Kyubey will be ok - and your new vet sounds great! :)

phesina
05-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Dear Kyubey, take your medicine like a good boy, and soon you will be good as new!

That's great about the new vet. good news for you and all your critters.

So sorry about your loss of Wiggles, and the other foster babies. You gave them all the very best chance they had. God bless you. Deepest sympathy.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-11-2012, 12:50 AM
I sure hope that Kyubey starts feeling better soon and makes a speedy recovery. I'm glad that you were able to find a new vet that you like. I've been through severalvets myself but now I finally have a great one even though it's sometimes hard to get an appt. with her. I'm so sorry to hear about Wiggles.:( He seemed so healthy and looked so good when I met him in the pet store where you work.:( RIP sweet boy.:(

Lady's Human
05-11-2012, 01:06 AM
I feel your pain on the vet front, while I've been lucky in NY, the Vet who worked with the shelter we adopted Lady from was terrible. No bedside manner with either patients or owners.

Hope that the kitten gets better.

momcat
05-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Hi Kyubey, I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling all that great. Be sure that you don't give Meowmie a hard time when she gives you your medicine. It will make you feel much better and help you get back to your mischief. Sending you lots of get well soon lovies :love:

I'm very sorry to hear that little Wiggles went to the Bridge. Because of you, he knew nothing but love. RIP little guy and play hard at the Bridge :love:

catmandu
05-11-2012, 09:23 AM
All of Our Awesome Angels Army are there for Little Wiggles, puttung his wings on, and making him an Eternal Kitten Angel.:love::love:
We are praying that Kyubey will be a survivor, and grow to be a Great Cat:love::love:
It is so sad to such a Dear Little Cat , but it is good that Wiggles went as your Cat and not as a Stray:love::love:

katladyd
05-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Get Well Soon, Precious Kyubey!!:love::love:

snakemama
05-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Kyubey seems to feel better today...at any rate, he's well enough to spit his amoxi out while shaking his head, thus getting it all over himself, me, and the white bedspread. :)

sallyandsnowx
05-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Oh silly Kyubey, you have to take your medicine! Don't give mommy a hard time now! But I'm glad your starting to feel better from that nasty URI. My thoughts are going to you for a full, speedy recovery. :love:

catmandu
05-12-2012, 09:33 AM
We are glad that Kyubey is back and we pray that he will be well.:love::love:
That is always frustrating when we have to do things for Our Cats and they will not cooperate!!:):)
I remember Precious shedding her victorian collar in seconds and the battle it is to put advantage on My Cats!!!:eek::eek:
We are praying for you Kyubey, please take your meds:love::love::love:

Bengalz
05-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Feel better Kyubey and take your medicine like a good boy:).

snakemama
05-13-2012, 02:21 AM
I'm happy to report that Kyubey is back to his usual shenanigans tonight, galloping up and down the stairs after the other cats and attempting to remove Sherpa's belly fat with his teeth! I'm so relieved to have hi feeling better that I can't even get annoyed about it! :D Now to finish up this round of antibiotics...

Barbara
05-13-2012, 02:56 AM
This is wonderful news! A naughty kitty is a healthy kitty:)

krazyaboutkatz
05-13-2012, 03:32 AM
This is great news.:D Now hopefully he'll continue to cooperate with you when you give him his medicine. Good luck.:)

phesina
05-13-2012, 05:33 AM
Wonderful news!

Bengalz
05-13-2012, 09:41 AM
Awesome - enjoy your naughty kitty:D.