PDA

View Full Version : 1 down, 2 to go...

moosmom
05-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Spike was "Pet of the Day" in the Reminder News on Thursday. Spike is my 20 lb tuxedo.

I got a call from a lady in Coventry who is interested in adopting him!! Her name is Mary and she has a small farm. She has 2 other cats, a horse and an older German Shepard. Mary has a screened in porch where he'll be while he gets used to all the scents. She said she also has a trailer on her property where he will be while she's at work. Trailer is equipped with cat trees in the windows, litterbox, food, water, toys and a radio. That's for his own protection.

I spoke at length with her veterinarian (he called me!!). He cares for all her critters ad had nothing but nice things to say about her. So now all I have to do is meet her, then do a home visit with Spike.

phesina
05-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Oh, well, that certainly sounds promising!

Good wishes and prayers that this turns out to be Spike's PURRRRRfect FURRRRever home!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
05-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Oh, well, that certainly sounds promising!

Good wishes and prayers that this turns out to be Spike's PURRRRRfect FURRRRever home!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Ditto on that, and maybe you should get it in writing that he is to remain indoors only or be surrendered back to you? Just a thought.

It sounds good for Spike. I do hope this works out.

catmandu
05-05-2012, 09:26 AM
That sounds ike the ideal FurrEver Home for Spike a place where he will have al the food, friends and comfort that he needs.:):)
We are crossing our fingers and paws that everything will go according to plan:love::love::love:

Catty1
05-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Sounds like a great home for Spike! Hope he and the other two cats get along and they can share that custom-made trailer! Wow...what some people do for their cats!;):love: For their own protection, of course. :)

sallyandsnowx
05-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Sound like the perfect home for Spike! Congrats on finding him such a wonderful home. I hope everything works out well. :)

moosmom
05-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Well, the other shoe dropped. (see update to Isis' thread in Cat General)

One woman called to say she just missed her tuxedo who died. She said the cat was indoor/outdoor and never came back. :(:( She was crying on the phone, that's how bad she feels.

The lady who was supposed to meet him today called. She said if I can find him another home before she can meet him, then so be it. But she will have 4 days off the end of next week in which she can spend with him. She wanted to know if she can wait till then. I told her find.

I'm not sure if she's looking for an "out" or what.

Anyway, my fur (and non-fur) family is still intact. *sigh*

Catty1
05-05-2012, 11:25 AM
This lady who was crying on the phone - did she want to adopt Spike? Or did Spike remind her of her missing kitty and she was crying on your shoulder?

I read about Isis. I wondered how Utchie was going to manage without her - but now his girlfriend's back!

cassiesmom
05-05-2012, 11:43 AM
My fur (and non-fur) family is still intact. *sigh*

(selfishly) Yay! I'm glad everyone is staying :)

moosmom
05-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Catty1,

The lady was crying because she was remembering her tuxedo kitty that went missing. She said "I'm ready to have an indoor only cat!" I told her a lady was comig to see him today and asked her if she wanted me to send her an application. I could hear the frustration in her voice, like she didn't want to wait.

I'm sorry, but I don't trust anyone lately. I've seen the abuse that is happening. Maybe I'm a little too critical. I just want these guys to be safe in a loving home. I can't be there 24/7 to see that they don't let him out, or abuse them. So I have to use my gut instinct.

momcat
05-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Donna, you're not being too critical at all! Cats are living beings who deserve nothing but the best, most comfortable life possible filled with love and care. The only way to know for sure is to check all available resources for the potential owner. Always trust your gut instincts - 99 times out of a hundred you're going to be right.

Karen
05-06-2012, 10:10 AM
This is definitely a case of better safe than sorry, and while my own "gut" and I are not exactly on speaking terms at the moment, you should trust yours!