PDA

View Full Version : I was in the Hospital - Now I'm Home!

Karen
05-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Today, I went into the hospital. It turns out my gall bladder, which never even bothered me before, has stones and is inflamed. So I will be in the hospital tonight, and have surgery to have it taken out tomorrow. Hopefully, everything will go smoothly, and I may be able to go home tomorrow evening. Everyone be good, I will check in as much as I can.

Scooter's Mom
05-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Feel better soon!
I hope your surgery goes well. I'm so glad I had my gallbladder out. Those gall-stones are not fun!

Catty1
05-04-2012, 08:27 PM
It's a much quicker recovery than it used to be. Hoping all goes well! Just rest and contact us when you are up to it. :love::love:

Bengalz
05-04-2012, 08:33 PM
All my best to you Karen for an easy surgery and a quick recovery. Take good care of yourself and let Paul spoil you some;).

RobiLee
05-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way for a speedy recovery. Take care and get well soon!

Felicia's Mom
05-04-2012, 08:47 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom
05-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Karen, feel better, follow doctor's orders, and get well soon.

Prayers for all to go smoothly, from RI.

chocolatepuppy
05-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Prayers that all goes well! :)

Pinot's Mom
05-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Karen of course we're all with you in prayer and spirit...be well! :love:

k9krazee
05-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Oh my! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, Karen!!!

prechrswife
05-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Feel better soon!

Roxyluvsme13
05-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Oh Karen, that's terrible. Gall bladder surgery is such the pits from what I've heard.

Sending you lots of get well wishes, good thoughts and prayers, and hugs from Tennessee!

Alysser
05-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Feel better soon, Mayor!!:love: We'll be good :D

Grace
05-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers :love:

sana
05-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Oh God.. that's sad.. :( Get well soon Karen! :love: Hope everything goes great!

happylabs
05-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery Karen.

mrspunkysmom
05-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Oh my stars best wishes get better :love:

caseysmom
05-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Take care of yourself and rest up and don't worry about anything. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

cassiesmom
05-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Take good care, Karen! Thinking and praying for you!

krazyaboutkatz
05-05-2012, 01:36 AM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I hope that everything will go well. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care.

Varga
05-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Hope you get well soon :)

Randi
05-05-2012, 03:59 AM
Karen, I'm sorry you have to go through this. My mother had her gall bladder removed and it took some time to recover, but she was much older than you.

Fister and I are sending purrs and hugs and hope the operation goes well. Get a lot of rest and recover fast! :love:

We promise to behave! ;)

Killearn Kitties
05-05-2012, 04:07 AM
Very best wishes coming your way Karen. Just you relax and do as you're told. ;)
I look forward to hearing that everything went well.

Lady's Human
05-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Just you relax and do as you're told.

RIIIIIGGGHHHTTT!!!!!

pomtzu
05-05-2012, 05:38 AM
Karen - best wishes for a speedy recovery! I had mine out last Fall - was in the hospital for a few days, but I was back to my "normal" :confused: self and routine in less than 2 weeks! You should do just fine!

moosmom
05-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Good luck, Karen. It'll go smoothly. You'll be back home before you know it!!

Had my gall bladder out years ago just when it became arthroscopic surgery. I was back to normal in a week.

Send hugs and prayers from CT:love::love:

phesina
05-05-2012, 07:12 AM
Prayers and good wishes and healing energies for you, Karen, that the surgery goes well and your recovery is comfortable. We will all do our best to behave while you are indisposed ;)!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

redbird
05-05-2012, 08:57 AM
So sorry to hear this Karen, I hope all goes well and you'll be back here soon. Thinking of you.

ChrisH
05-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Hoping all goes well and recovery is swift. Prayers and good thoughts winging their way across the pond.

Karen
05-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Thanks, everyone! The actual surgery will be sometime this afternoon, I am looking forward to feeling human again.

Bengalz
05-05-2012, 09:38 AM
My thoughts are with you Karen - feel better:love:.

sasvermont
05-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Oh my Karen, I am sorry to hear of your health event. I hope you have a speedy recovery and you get out of that hospital soon!

Rest up.

We'll be good.

Love,
Sas and her campers :love::love::love::love:

sallyandsnowx
05-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Oh no :( I hope everything goes smoothly. You will be in my thoughts. Get well soon, Karen!

Sowa
05-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Feel better soon :(

AmberLee
05-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Sending ~~~ healing ~~~ vibes from California and prayers for a quick recovery. And Huck and Sligo are sending small furry >^._.^< headbumpies >^._.^< (cyber-ones so they are allergy non-setting-off. ;-p )

Feel better fast! :love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
05-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Thinking of you today. Purrs from the krew and prayers from me.

Lady's Human
05-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks, everyone! The actual surgery will be sometime this afternoon, I am looking forward to feeling human again.

Bite tongue, bite hard........ :p

neko1
05-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Thinking of you :love: Get well soon!!

Paul
05-05-2012, 04:08 PM
&#160;&#160;&#160;Karen is now out of surgery. Hopefully, the infection did not spread from her removed gallbladder. She should be able to come home tomorrow.

&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;Paul

momcat
05-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Karen, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please know you're in our prayers. Get well soon! Groucho is sending you lots of feel better purrs and kitty kisses.

Momcat, Soncat, and Groucho

chocolatepuppy
05-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Thanks Paul, good to hear things went well! Feel better Karen!

mrspunkysmom
05-05-2012, 05:03 PM
   Karen is now out of surgery. Hopefully, the infection did not spread from her removed gallbladder. She should be able to come home tomorrow.

Paul

That is so good to hear! :love:

pomtzu
05-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Glad to hear that she is out of surgery. Hopefully there are no other issue to deal with, and she'll be back and feeling fine soon. Tell her to enjoy the drugs - they're legal! ;)

Bengalz
05-05-2012, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the good news Paul - I'm sure Karen will be happy to come home. You are going to have lots of hugs to deliver when she gets there, including mine, of course:D.

Catty1
05-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks so much for the update, Paul. Will she be on antibiotics for a few days to make sure the infection is gone?

I hope you are doing all right.

Cataholic
05-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Feel better soon!

Felicia's Mom
05-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Glad to know that everything went well.

Paul
05-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Thanks so much for the update, Paul. Will she be on antibiotics for a few days to make sure the infection is gone?

I hope you are doing all right.

Karen was/is receiving antibiotics intravenously. I have not been told what will happen tomorrow.

catnapper
05-05-2012, 08:24 PM
I go awa y for a few days and I miss this! I am glad to hear you'te on the mend

Edwina's Secretary
05-05-2012, 11:15 PM
My thoughts are with you for an easy and speedy recovery!

tatsxxx11
05-06-2012, 06:04 AM
SO happy to hear the surgery went well, and hopefully you'll be home with Paul today!
Love and get well hugs, and wishes for a full and speedy recovery, Karen!:love:

RICHARD
05-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Good luck, Karen. It'll go smoothly. You'll be back home before you know it!!

Had my gall bladder out years ago just when it became arthroscopic surgery. I was back to normal in a week.

Send hugs and prayers from CT:love::love:

I had my first good laugh of the day, thanks to you!;)

I don't mean to be nitpicky?

An 'arthroscopic' surgery is usually a joint/bone procedure.

A 'laparoscopic' surgery is done with a scope into a body cavity. :)

----------------------------------------

Karen should be back at home in the following day or two.

GB problems are terrible and really painful.......

Get well soon.

Karen
05-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks everybody, I am more alert today than when Paul last saw me, and hope to be able to go home today if all goes well.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, they mean a lot!

pomtzu
05-06-2012, 08:25 AM
An 'arthroscopic' surgery is usually a joint/bone procedure.

A 'laparoscopic' surgery is done with a scope into a body cavity. :)

So Karen had a boney gallbladder! :eek: Boney/stoney - really pretty much the same!

Good catch Hawk Eye. I never even noticed that little blooper. Either way, I know that Karen is just glad to be rid of it.

Feel better soon, Karen.

Pembroke_Corgi
05-06-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well. I hope that you are feeling much better soon!

robinh
05-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Glad to hear things went well and you can go home soon. I'm sure you will recover quicker in your own home.

kittycats_delight
05-06-2012, 11:18 AM
Glad to hear all went well. I know too well the pain of gall stones. I have a lovely cluster of them in my gall bladder. I still haven't had mine removed cause I am on a wait list for bilio-pancreatic diversion surgery and they want to avoid me being put under twice when all can be done at one time. Take it easy and heal well. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Alysser
05-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Glad she's out and everything is okay!! :D Feel better soon Mayor.

cassiesmom
05-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks everybody, I am more alert today than when Paul last saw me, and hope to be able to go home today if all goes well.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, they mean a lot!

Hoping everything goes well and that you can go home today! Take good care! (((((HUGS)))))

AmberLee
05-06-2012, 11:56 AM
"X" <-- here are fingers crossed that you're continuing to heal quickly and home very soon. But the feel better fast part is the most important! ~~~ healing ~~~ vibes.

Karen
05-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Thanks everyone! I am home now, and feeling much better, without giving you the gory details. Bandages and all I can deal with, glad not to be anchored to a bed or an IV stand. I have been told to get plenty of rest over the next week, but after that, the gallbladder surgeon indicated that many of my food intolerances were misdiagnosed, long-standing gallbladder disease. Hopefully there will be a good side to this! But we will be proceeding with caution, regardless!

mrspunkysmom
05-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Glad to hear you are home. Hell well and quickly! Good news about the food intolerances. Let's hope it's true.

Lillycat
05-06-2012, 12:40 PM
.....just saw this today Karen.....glad you are home and doing well.....curious if that is allergy connected.....take care and rest, rest, rest......'

momoffuzzyfaces
05-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Glad you are home!!! It would be great if some of your food issues go away now. Just rest and take care. :love:

Randi
05-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Glad to see you're home and recovering. :) I hope you will find that there are foods you can eat, that was a no-no before.

Get some rest and feel better! :love:

Felicia's Mom
05-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Glad you are home!

phesina
05-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Welcome HOME, Karen! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Take care, recover comfortably, get lots of rest, and be back in fine form soon.

momcat
05-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Karen,
I'm so happy to hear that everything went well and it might resolve some of your food allergies. Get plenty of rest and take it easy for as long as you have to. Count on your PT family if you need ANYTHING!

Bengalz
05-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Great news! So glad you're home - much better than being in a hospital:). Take a well deserved rest and listen to your body - it will tell you all you need to know:D. And, make sure Paul spoils you - that's mandatory:D!!

DJFyrewolf36
05-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Sending good thoughts your way! Glad you are feeling better.

Alysser
05-06-2012, 05:21 PM
So there was some good to this after all?? That's great!! I am glad you're home though!:D Welcome back.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-06-2012, 05:57 PM
So glad you are home and getting better!! Hospital stays are not fun at all! Prayers for a speedy recovery! :love:

Catty1
05-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Welcome home. :love: I hope you get waited on just a little bit!;)

Roxyluvsme13
05-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Yay, Karen! Welcome Home!

I hope you're able to eat something delicious now. Hopefully it'll all go well! :D

Freedom
05-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Glad to read you are home!

My friend has this surgery last summer. She is a 1st grade school teacher, and postponed the surgery until school was out (about 3 weeks). The list of things she had to avoid to make it through that 3 weeks with no complications was LENGTHY! Wouldn't it be nice if you can eat most stuff you've been avoiding?!

Hey, play a game, assume you can eat EVERYTHING again. What will you eat first? :D

For now, rest and heal.

chocolatepuppy
05-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Good to hear you're home Karen! Hopefully you will be able to eat a bigger variety of food!:)

Queen of Poop
05-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Karen, I'm so glad you're home and healing up. Good news on the food issues, hopefully he is correct and you can broaden your food choices. Rest up, get better. Cali and Diego send purrrrrs. :love::love::love:

kaycountrygal
05-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi Karen, I just saw this Thread because my phone & internet were out for 2.5 days. I read all the comments and am so glad the operation is over for you. I had mine taken out 2 yrs ago (laproscopic) and felt better soon after. Hope you do too. Dont overdo. Best wishes to you from all of us.

Karen
05-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Hey, play a game, assume you can eat EVERYTHING again. What will you eat first? :D

Soooooo not gonna do that, that's for sure! I really dislike being sick. And some of the ones I have are actually food allergies and are not to be trifled with. I carry an EPI pen but never want to have to use it. Tree nuts, cranberries, chickpeas, broccoli - sadly off my diet forever.

Once I am completely recovered, and have spoken with my own primary care doctor, I may start slowly introducing things back in, but just one at a time. So that precludes a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs, because that would be at least three things (beef, garlic and olive oil) that make me sick ...

But if I DO discover things I can eat again, each one will be a BIG victory.

Lillycat
05-06-2012, 09:11 PM
......hoping you find lots of food choices......

Cataholic
05-06-2012, 09:17 PM
I am confused, your allergies weren't confirmed by an allergist? Have you not been eating foods a long time??? Lol..that is horribly ungrammatical. But it seemed like you were allergic to tons and tons of things. Who told you you were allergic/intolerant all these years??? Hope not the same gp you are checking in with!

Karen
05-06-2012, 09:39 PM
I am confused, your allergies weren't confirmed by an allergist? Have you not been eating foods a long time??? Lol..that is horribly ungrammatical. But it seemed like you were allergic to tons and tons of things. Who told you you were allergic/intolerant all these years??? Hope not the same gp you are checking in with!

Some of my allergies were confirmed by the allergist through blood tests. Others did not show up on blood tests, but when I described a reaction to her, she'd say, "Well, not all intolerances show up on a blood test, so we're not gonna bother doing a test every time something new makes you sick, just avoid that substance." We have not done the extensive blood tests for years, as getting results takes several weeks, and also requires me to be off all allergy meds for 3 days beforehand ... so is annoying to schedule, given my environmental allergies are prevalent year 'round.

My Primary Care doctor relied on the allergy doctor for my food issues, as my allergy doc has been working in the field longer than my doc has, an has a good reputation ... I will be talking to my Primary Care doc well before I talk to the allergy doc again. This will all be very interesting, to say the least!

There are foods I have not eaten for years, as the list just grew and grew. Sigh. The longest-existing one I can pinpoint the date - almonds (which could kill me, causes anaphylaxis reaction) was first noticed when my nephew was 12 - he sold me the popcorn with almonds in it. He's now 26 years old, so that allergy is 14 years old.

Cataholic
05-06-2012, 09:52 PM
With the very long list of foods you are/were allergic/intolerant of, I would want to know what is what! Lol...no way would I just give up half my food likes, with this crazy development. Maybe whenever the season is less allergy-y, you could get re-tested. But..that is just me. I love food, and eat lots of stuff (just no meat).

Karen
05-06-2012, 10:14 PM
With the very long list of foods you are/were allergic/intolerant of, I would want to know what is what! Lol...no way would I just give up half my food likes, with this crazy development. Maybe whenever the season is less allergy-y, you could get re-tested. But..that is just me. I love food, and eat lots of stuff (just no meat).

There are foods I have just been loving from a distance ... not loving any less, just not ingesting them! I am figuring that, at some point in the future I will get retested, as I know people's allergies change over time, anyway. And there are some I am guessing (besides the anaphylaxis ones) that I'll still have, as I have them in common with at least one or two of my siblings and their kids. Wanna guarantee you end up with lots of leftover birthday cake at a Peterson function? Cover it with shredded coconut!

Fausts_folly
05-06-2012, 11:54 PM
I'm so glad you're feeling better. :love:

Dad and Uncle Fred told me about your surgery. It's odd that you've been misdiagnosed for so long, but incredibly glad that things are looking up for you.

~Jessi

pomtzu
05-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Wow Karen. That would be great if you could really start eating some of the foods you like but have been avoiding. That would make this whole gallbladder issue worth while, even tho it wasn't pleasant. I've never been tested as being allergic, but a couple of years ago I broke out into one big itch all over, after eating a crab cake topped with shrimp. I thought I would go insane with the itching and it took 10 Benadryl :eek: over the course of just over an hour for me to get relief. I haven't eaten any shellfish since, even tho I love seafood, but I'm scared to try it as I don't want to go thru that again.

Rest up and dream of all the things that maybe you'll be able to eat again! :D

Barbara
05-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Sorry- I hadan't read this before- I wish you a speedy recovery and am glad to see you are at least posting:)

smokey the elder
05-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Get well soon! I know several people who have had gall bladder surgery in the last few years and recovery is typically much quicker than it used to be. Hopefully you will be able to expand your diet a bit.

Bengalz
05-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Karen I hope you're feeling well today - day at a time and you will be zoomin' around (just like a kitty):D:D.

lizbud
05-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Sorry I'm a latecomer to the news, but glad your surgery is all over with now.
I'm glad you are home where Paul can spoil you a little.;) Rest up and feel better.

Taz_Zoee
05-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Whoa! I'm just now seeing this (out of town this weekend). I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But I hope you will be able to get back to eating some foods you've been avoiding. That will be nice. :) Good luck!!

redbird
05-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Karen, glad to see you're now home and I hope feeling much better.

Asiel
05-07-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm seeing this for the first time myself. Glad everything went well and you're back home, nothing like our own home and bed to help us feel better. We don't get hospitalized for this anymore, they do it as outpatient and you go home in a couple of hours after.
Sounds like great news about the food intolerances, great if you can enjoy foods that were on your "do not enjoy" list.

Karen
05-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks again, everyone, it is good to be home, be able to shower normally, and I am getting my body slowly used to ingesting - and ingesting - food again. All baby steps, carefully, carefully - no matter how hard I want to push, Paul is here to make sure I do not do anything too stupid!

gini
05-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Dear Karen, all the best to you and I hope that your recuperation time is short and you are back to a good normal soon. You have my prayers and a hug or two as well.

Karen
05-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks, Gini - how are YOU doing? Breathing any better?

I was sooo glad they told me I'd be intubated after I was already knocked out cold, as if anyone even tries to put their hand over my mouth, I tend to bite! And hit!

Lady'sOtherHuman
05-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Slow and steady Karen, you don't need to be visiting the hospital again. I will say this, since I had my gall bladder removed I can now eat spicy foods without having to worry about kicking LH during the night.:D

mon
05-08-2012, 10:30 AM
I just read this too, we're wishing you a very speedy recovery. So glad you are home, hospitals are such vile places to be. Hope you are feeling better each day , take care :love: Peace and love

Randi
05-08-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm so glad it went well, and you do sound like you feel better. :) Now, take it easy and let Paul be the boss. Hopefully, you'll be able to eat a few more things later.

ramanth
05-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Glad the surgery went well!! Now rest, rest, rest. :D And hopefully you can eat some of the foods you've missed. :cool:

mon
05-08-2012, 10:18 PM
You'll come through this with flyin' colors, you be good too, and do what the good Dr., says. I'll try to be good :D Peace and love :love:

krazyaboutkatz
05-09-2012, 01:28 AM
I'm glad that everything went well and now you're home.:) I hope you make a speedy recovery and are able to eventually eat many foods that you weren't able to before.:)

Miss Z
05-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm another late-comer to this thread - so glad you're back home in the time in took me to catch up! :D It's great that maybe now you'll be able to broaden your diet again. Have a good rest!

beeniesmom
05-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Oh My! I am just now seeing this. I hope you are ok. Hugs

Karen
05-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Thanks, everyone. I am not terribly good at resting, but Paul is here to enforce that! And one of our clients sent me a lovely Vermont Teddy Bear, who is keeping me company. Her name is Stella, and she looks like this one from their website, but a little more delicate and girly!

http://vermontteddy.http.internapcdn.net/vermontteddy/Images/ProductImages/600/KK0015583V_600_20120104_1058.jpg

Bibette & Lulu
05-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Hey, Karen - Glad to hear you are on the mend. Loved the teddy bear!!! Enjoy the food rediscovery process :D :D B&L Mom2

Vermontcat
05-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Karen, sorry I didn't see this until now, it has been a busy week for me so I haven't had time to check in at Pet Talk for a few days.
I'm sorry to hear that you had to have surgery, glad to hear that it went well and that you are healing and that you should be able to enjoy eating a bigger variety of foods again.
I love Stella, you should bring her up to visit her Vermont cousins at the factory and take a tour sometime.
She is a Good Wishes Fairy Bear so she is a very special Bear, that was very nice of your client to send her to you.:D

Karen
05-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Karen, sorry I didn't see this until now, it has been a busy week for me so I haven't had time to check in at Pet Talk for a few days.
I'm sorry to hear that you had to have surgery, glad to hear that it went well and that you are healing and that you should be able to enjoy eating a bigger variety of foods again.
I love Stella, you should bring her up to visit her Vermont cousins at the factory and take a tour sometime.
She is a Good Wishes Fairy Bear so she is a very special Bear, that was very nice of your client to send her to you.:D

Thanks, Zoe! I actually have two other Vermont Teddy Bears, I'll have to take a group picture sometime. The other two were gifts back when I had my brain surgery, 16 1/2 years ago! But Miss Stella is the first girl, Herbert and Bill are definitely boy bears.

phesina
05-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Oh, how sweet! What a lovely, thoughtful gift.

Karen, we are all sending you continuing good wishes and healing energies and prayers. Now be good and get lots of rest! Soon you will be better than ever.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat and cats

anna_66
05-10-2012, 08:50 AM
I've been bad and haven't been around lately:o Sorry I missed this, but glad to hear your home and doing well. Take care of yourself!

Karen
05-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Final update on the matter. I saw the surgeon today, and all is well, I should be able to eat more foods now - I'll save you the boring details, and I can do whatever I want, all is healed by now, and away we go! I apparently had 40 - yes, forty - gall stones, etc, etc, so I am better off without the whole darned thing!

Bengalz
05-21-2012, 07:15 PM
So good to hear you're feeling better and looking forward to a more interesting assortment of food stuffs:D. Stella is adorable - bet your boy bears will be on their best behaviour with Stella around;) !!

mrspunkysmom
05-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Final update on the matter. I saw the surgeon today, and all is well, I should be able to eat more foods now - I'll save you the boring details, and I can do whatever I want, all is healed by now, and away we go! I apparently had 40 - yes, forty - gall stones, etc, etc, so I am better off without the whole darned thing!

40? Ouch. No wonder you felt bad at times. Hope you keep improving!

krazyaboutkatz
05-22-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm glad that you're feeling much better and are all healed up.:) Now hopefully you'll be able to enjoy eating many more foods from now on.:)

pomtzu
05-22-2012, 04:35 PM
Yikes!!! 40 stones??? I never did know how many I had - doc just sad "a lot"! A friend of mine was rushed into emergency surgery when her one stone perforated her gallbladder and nearly killed her. The doc saved it and gave it to her, and it was unreal! It was the size and shape of a large egg - and the pointy end was truly pointed - it was sharp enough that you could have actually cut yourself on it. I never saw the likes of anything like it!!!

Glad you're feeling better, and I know that you're thankful to be 40 stones lighter. :)

Karen
05-22-2012, 05:54 PM
I asked my surgeon how big one's gall bladder normal is, anyway, as my uncle saved a gall stone of his that they removed and it was golfball sized. Normally, he said, gall bladders are about the size of a smallish pear, so that made sense. None of mine, thankfully were that big. Your friend should know she's rarity, as my surgeon said he has done hundreds of these surgeries, and only once has he encountered a perforated gall bladder in all those years. He said appendixes are much more likely to burst than gall bladders, thankfully!

Lillycat
05-23-2012, 08:32 PM
...glad all went well......