PDA

View Full Version : Learning to just say...

moosmom
05-04-2012, 06:42 AM
NO!!!

I got an email from a friend about the purebred Siamese who was abandoned by their owners in the CVS parking lot down the street from my apartment. She notified a meezer rescue who said they'd take him once he's vetted.

I said ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

Okay, that was short-lived. I'm borrowing a trap from my friend and will sit out there till he's in the trap and on the way to the vet. As long as I don't have to take him in, I'm fine with it. I tried to coax him into a large carrier with food and ALMOST had him. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the door latched quick enough.

I'll keep you posted and try to get pictures.

momcat
05-04-2012, 07:40 AM
There's nothing for you to worry about, Donna. Once you get this kitty into the trap and to the vet you've done your part. Helping a kitty in need doesn't always include giving him a home even temporarily. The rescue said they'd take him after a vet check, that means you don't have to foster or give him a place to stay. Hoping the vet check goes well and the foster group doesn't back out. Groucho is sending you purrs and headbumpies for helping his fellow kitty in need. :love:

cassiesmom
05-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Meezer, sweety, please let yourself be rescued --- there is a much better life in store for you! Shame on those people who abandoned their kitty instead of contacting the rescue themselves.

catmandu
05-04-2012, 09:45 AM
If that happened I would take that poor Siamese in , I would think that My Siamese Six Pack had left him as a special Love Offering!!!:love::love::love:

katladyd
05-04-2012, 12:31 PM
I love me some Siamese, but like you Donna, I'm at my limit. Bless you for helping this kitty as much as you can!

moosmom
05-05-2012, 06:39 AM
The hold up right now is getting him to a foster home. I'll do my part, but absolutely, positively will NOT bring him into my place. Until a foster can be found, the plan is at a standstill. I talked with Dan at the laundromat yesterday and he hasn't seen him for at least 3 days. But, it's been raining bad around here for that long, so that could be why. He's going to call me if he sees him.