PDA

View Full Version : Blaze had emergency surgery today

Mooshi
05-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Last week blaze stopped eating and was discharging fluids and blood from her back end. I took her to the vet he said she has a uterus infection, gave her antibiotics and said to bring her in a week if she's not better they'll operate. Last night she got so sick i thought i was going to lose her! I waited till morning and took her, they rushed her into the operating room and did emergency surgery on her to remove her euterus. The vet said she was intoxicated and if i didn't bring her in today she wouldn't have made it. She had a seizure at the vet clinic too, she did well thankfully and she's recovering at home with me now and i am glad she pulled through. Titan was worried about her but he calmed down when he saw her safe and doing better. She has an appointment next week to make sure everything is good with her, What she had is called Pyometra.
So now i feel better now that i know my baby girl is going to be ok and is on the road to recovery. I am hoping there are no complications after the srugery and she goes back to being herself again.

cassiesmom
05-03-2012, 02:02 PM
That sounds so scary! Big, big hugs for both Blaze and Titan!

Taz_Zoee
05-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Oh my, so sorry you had to go through that. :( Glad to hear she is home and recovering with you. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Karen
05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
That must have been so scary! I am glad you caught it in time.

luvofallhorses
05-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Is she not spayed? I hope she has a speedy recovery, pyometra is scary!! :(

Roxyluvsme13
05-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Poor Blaze :(. Pyometra is an awful disease. How old is she? I've heard of it happening before it unspayed dogs, but I thought Blaze was kind of young? :/ Weird that it happened so early to her.

luvofallhorses
05-03-2012, 07:48 PM
It can definately happen in young intact females. :( The good thing is she is going to be alright.

Scooter's Mom
05-03-2012, 08:32 PM
How frightening!!
I'm so glad that she is going to be alright!

kaycountrygal
05-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Oh My! I am sorry to read about Blaze and her operation--very scarey for pet and human. I sure hope all goes well and she recovers. Hugs to you.

anna_66
05-16-2012, 11:59 AM
So sorry I didn't see this earlier. I'm so glad to hear that you got her there in time. I hope she's home and doing great! Much love to you both:love:

Sowa
05-16-2012, 12:31 PM
How scary! I'm glad she's ok now and recovering.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Oh no pyometras are scary and you are lucky! They can be fatal. :( I'm ad Blaze is okay :)